SNK Resume Neo Geo Repairs

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Would you trust this current incarnation of SNK-P with your Neo? Who knows, you might end up with a child-witch's panties inside.

Anyone have a broken AES they're willing to sell me on the cheap?

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
With or without the panties?

Without. The idea is to buy a broken AES so I can send to to SNKP for repair, and then hope they'll send it back with a fresh pair of official child-witch's panties. It's not the kind of thing I'd want to obtain 2nd hand (except under very special circumstances).

Actually it is not SNK-P who are doing the repairs, they are being handled by a third party in Osaka, basic repair cost is ¥4,000 if it is higher than ¥4,000 SNK-P will cover the additional cost. I am waiting for my Neo Geo to come back from them, keeping my fingers crossed they do a good job.

Would you trust this current incarnation of SNK-P with your Neo? Who knows, you might end up with a child-witch's panties inside.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Actually it is not SNK-P who are doing the repairs, they are being handled by a third party in Osaka, basic repair cost is ¥4,000 if it is higher than ¥4,000 SNK-P will cover the additional cost. I am waiting for my Neo Geo to come back from them, keeping my fingers crossed they do a good job.

Hopefully it comes back fine. Keep us informed if it does, still pretty cool that there willing to do this for a 20 year old system though :)

Will do ;) still waiting for them to send it back, I asked them to install a DIP socket as well so I can install the Universe Bios, will be interesting if they will do that for me.

Got the Neo Geo back this evening, wow I have to say that if SNK can become any cooler I really don`t know how. So the machine has been completely repaired for a total cost of $40 but they also installed the Universe BIOS for me for FREE and (this is a very small detail but it counts) they replaced the bottom rubber feet with new ones. SNK really do love their gamers and it makes me so happy and proud to be Neo Geo gamer with company support like this. Thank you so much SNK!

caren103

King's Dry Cleaner
Got the Neo Geo back this evening, wow I have to say that if SNK can become any cooler I really don`t know how. So the machine has been completely repaired for a total cost of $40 but they also installed the Universe BIOS for me for FREE and (this is a very small detail but it counts) they replaced the bottom rubber feet with new ones. SNK really do love their gamers and it makes me so happy and proud to be Neo Geo gamer with company support like this. Thank you so much SNK!

Wonderful!

Does the repaired Neo include any "SNKP" seal?

Kert

Mr. Big's Thug
20 Year Member
I might not like the current SNK, but I must give them a thumbs up for this service.

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
so how do we do this? I can't read japanese, thus I can't get the info from SNKP's website. little help?

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.

:D brilliant dude, well they might still care afterall.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member

This is so great, so epic, I just fail to find any word to express all my feeling of praise for them. Seriously.

Daedalus

If there's a Bandwagon. I'm on it!
so how do we do this? I can't read japanese, thus I can't get the info from SNKP's website. little help?

I second this, I would love to send my back up unit to them to repair, but I can understand the page, even with Google's poor translation :p

Mathius

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
The underbelly of my AES is pretty scratched up sadly. I just got the unit the other day second hand and noticed it. Wonder if they would go so far as to give it a new shell? That would rock!

Kert

Mr. Big's Thug
20 Year Member
I don't believe they service outside of Japan at this time.

You can always try though!

Try the inquiry form and see how it goes.

Good luck!

Mr.Kevums

Legend.,
20 Year Member

A true act of chivalry.

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper

I'm really not seeing a downside to that kind of service, other than the cost of EMS shipping.

Without. The idea is to buy a broken AES so I can send to to SNKP for repair, and then hope they'll send it back with a fresh pair of official child-witch's panties. It's not the kind of thing I'd want to obtain 2nd hand (except under very special circumstances).

Shit! My MVS-2F is in perfect operating condition. I even recently cleaned the contacts.
Will I have to take a hammer to it in order to get my official SNK-P child-witch's panties to go with my FF Terry Bogard trucker hat?

Dammit. Such a dilemma.

Last edited:

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Wow, that's pretty damn sweet of them.

Now if they start selling marquee EL replacements they'll gain my respect ten-fold.

matsukaze

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Wait... what? They installed a third party chip for you? That's incredible. How would they even be prepared for such a request?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I wonder how many spares they have left, would be cool to get something recased.

raylyd

n00b
I did have two broken aes but sold them as i did not have any games but now i know theres a repair place for them i will have to get one again!
As the ones i did have had broken traces.
But i still have a broken contoller that i could send to them for repair?

Definately good news to hear there's an official repair service. It would be great though if they could expand to verify originality of AES carts. BTW do they repair controllers too??