SNK Icons Preview

nothingxs

King's Dry Cleaner
IT IS BEING REPEATED ON G4TECHTV TODAY AT 6:30 EST -- I just found out. Sorry for being so late. @_@

Tiptonium

Tech Support Moderator,
twalden said:
What are your system specs and what software are you using? Divx encoding shouldn't take that long on a newer system.

Pentium IV 3.0GHz with hyperthreading, 512MB Memory, ATI Radeon 9600 All-In-Wonder, 400G+ disk... blah, blah, blah

It takes about 10 minutes to do a 22 minute render from MPEG-2 DV to MPEG-2 DIVX...

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
Tiptonium said:
Pentium IV 3.0GHz with hyperthreading, 512MB Memory, ATI Radeon 9600 All-In-Wonder, 400G+ disk... blah, blah, blah

It takes about 10 minutes to do a 22 minute render from MPEG-2 DV to MPEG-2 DIVX...

Man, that's not bad at all. Your post made it sound like it took forever. Nevermind then :)

The show was ok. Definately a lot better than I was expecting. It's impossible to cover the history on SNK in only 30 minutes though. The show needs to be an hour long. Also, who was that playing the 4 slot cabinet throughout the show?

Last edited:

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
I managed to get it DVR'd on the premiere night. I paused the credits and saw that there was a special thanks to N-G.com and S-C.com. Kinda cool, even though it was mouse-type.

Pretty good show, considering they only had 22 minutes of content.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
RyoGeo said:
I managed to get it DVR'd on the premiere night. I paused the credits and saw that there was a special thanks to N-G.com and S-C.com. Kinda cool, even though it was mouse-type.

Could you PM setsuna1982, and try to get this uploaded, or maybe put it on suprnova or something?

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
RyoGeo said:

Yeah, when you watch this episode of Icons you realize how awesome of a community we have. I'm also just so glad to be a part of it.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Electroman said:
Don't get me started. :angry:

Digital cable costs alot of money, money that once spent I'll never see again. I have a problem with spending exuberant amounts of money and getting only vaporware (known as TV). DVD Recorder? My DVD drive in my PC is on the fritz, I haven't found a DVD Recorder drive I like yet.

Convenience? :very_ang: This pisses me off. I'd rather have the show in Divx or MPG format stored on a CD than DVD so I can watch it whenever.

This thread is about the show, and getting the episode to other people who may not have access to it, NOT bashing those of us with different spending habits than you.

Looks like you missed the :tickled: in the post.
Feeling a little guilty of your spending habits, are you?

I've had digital cable where I used to live, and I agree 100%. I have a hard time spending hard-earned $$ on non-reuseable, consumable items/services too. I've always wondered about cable.. why is it so expensive if there are advertisements? Why are there advertisements at all? Greedy cable co's. Give me basic cable, or satelitte or Dish Network anyday.

High-Speed Internet is vaporware as you call it.. Once you use it, it's all gone for the month. How do you justify the cost of that? Just playing devil's advocate.

Setsuna1982

World Her,
uploading the "low version"

Windows media format. 320x240. 30fps, 40mb

I'll open a new thread when it's up

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
GregN. said:

I've had digital cable where I used to live, and I agree 100%. I have a hard time spending hard-earned $$ on non-reuseable, consumable items/services too. I've always wondered about cable.. why is it so expensive if there are advertisements? Why are there advertisements at all? Greedy cable co's. Give me basic cable, or satelitte or Dish Network anyday.

High-Speed Internet is vaporware as you call it.. Once you use it, it's all gone for the month. How do you justify the cost of that? Just playing devil's advocate.
It's all about the corporate greed plus, cable compeny's are not regulated. By the FCC, if they are doesn't seem like it to me. Where i live at there's only one cable compeny, so they can get away with fix priceing. No competition for them. I hope satelitte put's them out of business one day greedy SOB :very_ang:

If it wasn't for the fact that digital cable was so expensive. I could have watch SNK Icons on G4. If any body can make a copy of it on video tape. I'll pay for the shipping.

Last edited:
GregN. said:

M... ok, just learning how you work ;) its cool!

Setsuna1982 said:
uploading the "low version"

Windows media format. 320x240. 30fps, 40mb

I'll open a new thread when it's up

I watched it today, looks good for 40MB. Thanks for hosting that.

Last edited:

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Fygee said:
If G4 and SNKNEOGEOUSA were really, really smart, they'd release a totally uncut, commercial free edition of this episode and sell it on DVD. SNK fans would eat it up like mad, especially since the version shown on TV was very watered down.
Yeah like this guy did at this site. The DVD that's sold there, gives a history on Atari. http://www.scottw.com Is there any reason Playmore can't do the same?