SNES mini coming from Nintendo

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
What a bunch of losers.

Final Fight 3 has a fun engine. Lame dorks can't appreciate it.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
so are preorders open or what?

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
yeah but Lucia is sexier than Blaze

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Probably, a hacked mini plays SNES just fine from what I hear.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
^You're just like them. Clueless and ignorant.

Thinking my post is a "troll" makes you feel better, as if I don't really believe you're clueless and ignorant!

Well, I do!

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,

Nah, ASID is absolutely right. Final Fight 3 does have a really fun engine, I'd rank it 2nd in the SNES beat em up library (1st being Turtles in Time) but that's not saying much as the SNES beat em ups aren't very great to begin with. Most are letter boxed and almost all only allow like 2-3 enemies on the screen at once.

Final Fight 3's engine is fun though because what other beat em up has a Super system? The combat is also very cool and there's enough special moves, stage variety (you can actually go multiple routes), and move variety to make the game very interesting.

With that being said in my opinion, Streets of Rage 2 still is the best home console beat em up, lots of enemies on the screen, unique characters with varying move sets, a wide variety of enemy types, a variety of interesting stage backgrounds, and some of the best music on the system, it's only downfall is it's extremely easy and the way the difficulty ramps up giving regular mooks like 3x lifebars and super crack speed on harder difficulties is silly, but this is absolutely fine considering its target was the home market.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I think Batman Returns had a fun grappling system. It kinda sucked not having a jumping stun attack, even though there are different jump attacks, they all have knock down properties.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Death & Return of Superman was very shallow, but the fact you could throw enemies into the background was a nice touch.

I wish Maximum Carnage had a more varied moveset, and I found it a little on the long side.

Always hoped for an X-Men port.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Sonic Blast Man was a fun SNES beat 'em up, never saw a SBM2 in the wild so never had the chance but heard it was better than the first.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Sonic Blast Man was a fun SNES beat 'em up, never saw a SBM2 in the wild so never had the chance but heard it was better than the first.

The 1st one is really cool, with all the neat Taito text ala Violence Fight. The combat in it is actually really fun and has really cool background effects like the sewer water in stage 4 I think it is? It's mostly overlooked because the 2nd one is more of a traditional beat em up. The 2nd one got letter boxed more and smaller sprites while the first had very little letter boxing and larger sprites. I think the overall environment on the 1st is way better, but that game is pretty hard. 2nd one is cool too.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Nah, ASID is absolutely right. Final Fight 3 does have a really fun engine, I'd rank it 2nd in the SNES beat em up library (1st being Turtles in Time) but that's not saying much as the SNES beat em ups aren't very great to begin with. Most are letter boxed and almost all only allow like 2-3 enemies on the screen at once.

Final Fight 3's engine is fun though because what other beat em up has a Super system? The combat is also very cool and there's enough special moves, stage variety (you can actually go multiple routes), and move variety to make the game very interesting.

With that being said in my opinion, Streets of Rage 2 still is the best home console beat em up, lots of enemies on the screen, unique characters with varying move sets, a wide variety of enemy types, a variety of interesting stage backgrounds, and some of the best music on the system, it's only downfall is it's extremely easy and the way the difficulty ramps up giving regular mooks like 3x lifebars and super crack speed on harder difficulties is silly, but this is absolutely fine considering its target was the home market.

^ Madman won't be able to comprehend.

What other beat 'em up on the SNES has a super bar? Ghost Chaser Densei did. Although, I suppose you could say it had more of an Art of Fighting "spirit gauge". Those juggles!

Anyways, yes, FF3 is a lot fun for an easy, limited, 3 enemy on screen (even though they squeeze in 4 enemies sometimes!) console brawler. Buffering into specials, cancelling Guy and Lucia's dash moves, Dean's fist drop infinites!

Several cool little things that makes what should be a boring game fun.

Those who speak ill of this game lack context and are likely reading from a cliched script. It's safe to dismiss and discredit a game that's historically been ignorantly maligned. They don't know any better!

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
SFC top 2d side-scrolling fighters:
- Final Fight 3
- Return of the Double Dragon (JPN only)
- Final fight 2/Rushing Beat Ran/Rushing Beat Shura
- Sonic Blast Man
- Final Fight/Final Fight Guy

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Meh brawlers, the SNES was better for the shmup library.
Axelay was dope. UN Squadron was better than the arcade version. Gradius III was greatius :).

Cybernator, Firepower 2000, Pop n Twinbee, Super R-type, Rtype III, Jikkyo Oshaberi Parodius, Gokujyou Parodius...all fantastic.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Meh brawlers, the SNES was better for the shmup library.
Axelay was dope. UN Squadron was better than the arcade version. Gradius III was greatius :).

Cybernator, Firepower 2000, Pop n Twinbee, Super R-type, Rtype III, Jikkyo Oshaberi Parodius, Gokujyou Parodius...all fantastic.

:roll eyes: Cybernator/Valken doesn't count. The SNES shooting game library isn't much better than the beltscroller library. That's not to say either are as bad as people claim.

Anyways, Biometal, Acrobat Mission, Aero Fighters are all fantastic.

EDIT: You might as well include Gunforce and Contra III if you're going to include cybernator and non STG's. Which is lame, but like that's what you did.

Also arcade UN Squadron > SNES port.

Last edited: