Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I want it!!!!
When do preorder open???

Tell meeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

neo_mao

15 Year Member
So I guess this won't have any Rare games in it...no Donkey Kong Country or Killer Instinct?

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
We will see what they deem fit to include in this bundle. Lets just hope there will be more supply.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I want to see:

Contra III
Ninja Warriors Again
Castlevania IV
Final Fight 3
R-type 3
Alexay

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
So I guess this won't have any Rare games in it...no Donkey Kong Country or Killer Instinct?

The Donkey Kong Country series has been released on the Wii U virtual console 2 years ago. There was a license problem back in 2012 for the regular Wii versions but it's all water under the bridge now (they've been relisted on the regular Wii virtual console as well). I don't see why Nintendo wouldn't put at least the first DKC on the Snes Mini.

Killer Instinct? That's another story. I'm pretty sure Microsoft owns the license for this one.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
DKC should work, it shows up on their virtual console games. Nintendo owns the right to the code and their IP, they farmed out the work. A good way to explain how it can go another way, Diddy Kong Racing on Nintendo DS. That one lacks Banjo and his friends as Rare does own those, but they didn't own the game itself. They just had to swap some characters out and otherwise leave it basically intact to sell it. Killer Instinct though, Nintendo published it, but Rare owns that which is why that lame sequel didn't go to Nintendo but stayed with Microsoft, also why it doesn't show up on the virtual console either. Maybe MS would license those things out as it's free money to them and being a closed deck it wouldn't be considered competition.

If this rumor is real, it is really easy to figure out with fairly good assumption if it too had a 30 game line up what to expect. For starters if the same 3rd parties gave them games again that throws Square, Capcom, Konami, Tecmo, and Taito into the mix. Most of what they offered up on the NES CE have SNES sequels, so those are a basic given. The stuff that existed on the NES but not on the SNES, or were SNES firsts but sold highly, those would be your swap outs along with some oddballs.

Stuff like Final Fantasy II (or III), Super Ghouls n Ghosts, Super Castlevania, Mega Man (7 or X likely), Ninja Gaiden Trilogy and Super Tecmo Bowl III, Bust-A Move(in for bubble bobble), Gradius III, Super Contra III would be the likely stuff. Then you'd have the stuff that started there like Final Fight, Demon's Crest maybe, or Sunset Riders.

Beyond that, kind of depends as Nintendo likely would want to have 2/3 of the games theirs again. Super Mario World (if not World+Allstars), DK Country, maybe Super Mario World 2 would be trade outs, but you'd also have Pilotwings, F-Zero, likely Starfox (if they add FX games same with SMW2), Sim City, Super Punchout, Super Mario RPG, Earthbound, Kirby's Dreamland 3 (like SMRPG if they emulate the SA1 chip), Super Mario Kart, and Super Metroid. I'd think games like that would round it out.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Will they make it harder to hack? Will it be able to run Star Fox?

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
after what happened with the NES mini i definitely dont give a damn about this. i will take the wii compatible SNES controller though

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
2 > X

These things will be far more desirable IMO than the NES ones and will be flippers paradise X2.

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
after what happened with the NES mini i definitely dont give a damn about this.

Pretty much. Nintendo can go eat a bag of dicks. At this point, I have yet to see an NES classic in person anywhere. As far as I'm concerned, the damn thing is about as real as fucking unicorns. I lost interest in getting one long ago due to the hassle, and I won't make the effort for a SNES one either. Fuck it, I'll stick to legit hardware + carts/everdrives.

Oh and Tanooki, no disrespect, but you need to summarize your posts. Whether it's here or Digital Press, your posts are usually a wall of text. You typically have good insight, but I tend to skip over such enormous posts. You can ignore my advice, but if want people to actually read your posts, it would help to make them more concise.

Last edited:

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Well Nintendo knows that $60 is too cheap now. I wonder what they will charge for this. I'd guess $80-90.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
2 > X

flippers paradise X2.

Power and the money, money and the power
Minute after minute, hour after hour
Everybody's scalping, but half of them ain't playing
What's going on in the kitchen, but I don't know what's playin'
They say I gotta learn, but nobody's here to teach me
If they can't beat it, how can they teach me
I guess they can't, I guess they won't
I guess they suck, that's why I know my game is out of luck, fool

Last edited:

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Still pissed about not getting an NES classic, but I'll still buy this if they make a reasonable number of them.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
My guess - they didn't like how the NES mini got hacked but didn't feel like reprogramming it and reconfiguring the manufacturing process. So they pull it off shelves and put this out as their new money printing device. Everyone wants one still, those with the NES buy this one too, AND the hackable ones are off the market which encourages more downloads from the eshop instead.

Dollar signs.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
My guess - they didn't like how the NES mini got hacked but didn't feel like reprogramming it and reconfiguring the manufacturing process. So they pull it off shelves and put this out as their new money printing device. Everyone wants one still, those with the NES buy this one too, AND the hackable ones are off the market which encourages more downloads from the eshop instead.

Dollar signs.

you know, i never even considered this from there perspective. it getting hacked is probably one of the main reasons they pulled the plug

then again its not like you can stop hackers. you have to constantly play cat and mouse with them. its not worth it

Tanooki

War Room Troll
you know, i never even considered this from there perspective. it getting hacked is probably one of the main reasons they pulled the plug

then again its not like you can stop hackers. you have to constantly play cat and mouse with them. its not worth it

True, but had they not left a 2 way data port in plain view it would have been a much harder thing to do most likely. If they couldn't find a way to do the data through the controller ports, it would have then required physically hacking the device which vastly fewer people have the technical ability to pull off. Sure some would sell pre-hacked devices where ever possible, but it would have been minimal compared to what we have in reality now.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
I want this so bad I got lucky with the Classic NES because NTM posted when preorders went up and I managed to get one in. But if I am not so lucky this time around I will just die. DIE!!!!!!

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Also Tanooki you nuts the new Killer Instinct is not lame it's amazing. Best fighting game of this gen that's fo sho

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
they can't stop hacking. I'm sure they want to make it difficult, but there's no way they are naive enough to think it can be blocked.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I don't think Nintendo ever gave a shit about the NES mini getting hacked. Just look at the hardware, it's like they didn't even try :lolz:

I think the NES mini getting discontinued has much more to do with all the licensed games that were included with it than with hackers. All it takes is one publisher to fuck up a license renewal for Nintendo to be forced to stop the production.

If they have to invest more money in the project to reflash motherboards and to get new licenses for different games, they might as well go all out and put a new emulator on there, build a new shell, throw in the Wii compatible Snes controller that they developed 10 years ago and advertise that shit as an entirely new product :keke: