SNES mini classic

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
The BestBuy's out here had people waiting for the NES for over 12 hours. I went to the store close to closing at there was a line of at least 15 people waiting for the store to open the next day.

:O. That's nuts.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Not even mad, just disappointed. On par for Walmart though so im not surprised.

disapproval turtle.jpg

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Imagine making the decision to give up all the money they could have had.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
walmart canceled preorders today. I had 2 snagged. Fuckers.

EDIT: guess that was already stated.

Last edited:

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I'm just curious, but have we gotten confirmation yet as to whether or not the controllers will be microscopic like with the NES mini?

As Cory said it was the Famicom mini with the tiny controllers. Controllers with SNES mini will be fullsize, but I would not be suprised if Nintendo screwed us over by providing next to no cord length again.

godzilla43

Geese's Thug
Nintendo have said that snes classic will have 2 feet longer controllers cords than nes classic.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Imagine making the decision to give up all the money they could have had.
Probably not a very tough decision. "Choices are to give back early presale money for an item that will sell out nationwide in a few minutes, or else piss off Nintendo. Gee, what do we do?" The amount of money Walmart makes is tied to the number of units they get from Nintendo and nothing else.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
it's interesting tho

I wonder if they are just not going to do preorders for this thing.

Maybe that's their plan to address the flippers....no preorders, no online purchases...in store only limit 1 to customer.

Regardless, everything just sucks.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I wish everyone luck, it's gonna be crazier than before 'cause now everyone experienced the shortage of NES minis, fun times.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
$80 and a shit load of headaches for something that plays games that you all probably bought 4 or 5 times already on other nintendo systems.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
$80 and a shit load of headaches for something that plays games that you all probably bought 4 or 5 times already on other nintendo systems.

This... It's not like I'm going to play them much more on this thing. I'll try to get one again, but not if it means camping out in front of a store.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
it's interesting tho

Maybe that's their plan to address the flippers....no preorders, no online purchases...in store only limit 1 to customer.

I have no concrete proof of it, but on at least a couple Walmart live chats that were posted to sites reporting the cancellations I seen a rep tell the customer preorders would be up again this week. Target confirmed they were going to take preorders as well but didn't confirm when. Either way I'll be at least attempting to get one on preorder as camping out is just not worth it to me, but I would love to have one if it was easy enough to purchase.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I didn't even really try & i was able to get the classic NES without camping or even leaving my home. Since then i had several opportunities to pickup at retail store at different locations. Just couple days ago thinkgeek had them up for sale...Dont really see the urgency. Im pretty sure ill be able to pickup the SNES too.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I didn't even really try & i was able to get the classic NES without camping or even leaving my home. Since then i had several opportunities to pickup at retail store at different locations. Just couple days ago thinkgeek had them up for sale...Dont really see the urgency. Im pretty sure ill be able to pickup the SNES too.

That's because you are a champion!

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
it's interesting tho

I dont think walmart cares about flippers. They just want cash as fast as possible.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
If I am able to get a pre-order in anywhere, I will try and buy more than one now. Hopefully I can help someone out. Seems like it's gonna be luck of the draw depending on what time the preorders open up.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I just want the inevitable rom dump of the final build of Starfox 2 that's on this thing.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
If I am able to get a pre-order in anywhere, I will try and buy more than one now. Hopefully I can help someone out. Seems like it's gonna be luck of the draw depending on what time the preorders open up.

That's generally what I'm trying to do also. I know a few guys here want one also but I've no intention of fucking someone in the ass over the price.~

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
If I can snag a few, I'll help some people here get one for sure.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
If I can snag a few, I'll flip them on Ebay for mad profitz for sure.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
If I can snag a few, I'll smash them with a hammer and post the video on youtube for sure.