Shockbox Insert Update @ Classic-Shock!

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
no no...the meg count of the GAME. I'm working on an insert for MS4.

if anyone knows what it is exactly...let me know

MSlug4_cb.jpg

Last edited:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
pixeljunkie said:
thoughts? ideas? comments?

MSlug4_cb2.jpg

This one rocks! :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

And yeah, I agree that the spine "Metal Slug 4" should be enlarged a bit. And it looks like the MEG COUNT is 553. Very nice insert though - can't wait to d/l this one.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Grinwing said:
I have one suggestion.

On the bottom of the back of some inserts, it reads, "NEOGEO is a trademark of SNK Corporation." This has just today bit me at the printer. Trademark is trademark to these people. It doesn't matter that I had 10 printed the other day (half of them with this trademark statement.) They won't touch the two I wanted printed today. BAH!!!

Please leave this part off of the inserts in the future.

Again, BAH!!!

Thanks!

That never really registered with me. I was setting up my inserts to be as close as possible to their AES counterparts so I kept the wording on there.

All of my future Shock Box inserts will not have the "NEO GEO is a trademark of the SNK corporation" line. Sorry about that.

Mike

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Michael Yagami said:
That never really registered with me. I was setting up my inserts to be as close as possible to their AES counterparts so I kept the wording on there.

Yeah, I like the shockbox inserts to have all the features common to their AES versions too, and my Kinko's never really cared about me printing them. Seeing as how this is just a problem for one or two people, I still say the "NEO GEO is a trademark of the SNK corporation" line should be left in - but that's just me.

super-saiya-jin

I wish I really were French
pixeljunkie said:
thoughts? ideas? comments?

MSlug4_cb2.jpg
get rid of the words "metal slug" that are on top of the spine logo and front logo
since its just plain wierd and ugly.(whats the point of putting the same thing twice)
the rest is quality (just get rid of those words and it will be teh perfect :D )

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
super-saiya-jin said:
get rid of the words "metal slug" that are on top of the spine logo and front logo
since its just plain wierd and ugly.(whats the point of putting the same thing twice)
the rest is quality (just get rid of those words and it will be teh perfect :D )

unfortunately...that is the logo, with the title like that,

http://www.neostore.com/images/products/releases/artwork/ms4.jpg

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
super-saiya-jin said:
get rid of the words "metal slug" that are on top of the spine logo and front logo since its just plain wierd and ugly.(whats the point of putting the same thing twice) the rest is quality (just get rid of those words and it will be teh perfect :D )

That's the official logo, so I say keep it.

And we need to have 2 logos, one on the front and one on the spine, since some people store their carts with only the spines showing (see my sig pic :) ).

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Damn!
PJ, that MS4 insert is TOPS!! If the red letering was removed,it would be perfect imo!!
For your particular insert,the METAL SLUG red lettering should definitely be edited out.
-BB

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
praedicator said:
Do you have a hi-res source of the logo? It will take some time, but I might be able to extract the red 'metal slug' from the logo if you want me to give it a try.

Maybe it's worth a shot, but it'll look great either way. Personally, I don't think it'd be worth the effort - the improvement would be marginal IMO. Terrific work, either way. I'm ready to bring this bad boy to Kinko's!

:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I'm about 50% complete with removing the red "Metal Slug"...its proving to be pretty tedious...but i do that crap for a living, so no big whoop. Be finished tonight. I'll post it after i remove the letters, see what you guys think. I agree, I think it may not be worth the effort...we'll see...I'm curious.

okay, here's the updated insert...with revised logo
MSlug4_classic.jpg

detail of the revised logo...I could get it cleaner, but not without spending some serious time on it. I think its at "good enuff"...that red text covered a LOT of real estate. :mad:
logo_detail.jpg

So, whats the verdict? With or without red text over the logo???

Last edited:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Without............DUH.

great job man.

You said you do this sort of stuff at your job? What do you do? Are there any openings? lol

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Wow ... I must admit, it does look nice without the red text in the middle. Plus you went to all that trouble - go without the red text, I say. :) Nice job man!

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Looks much cleaner without. I say go with the new and improved.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Metal Slug 4 insert is up and ready for download!
Thanks Pixeljunkie for your hard work, great job!

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
That was an excellent edit. It looks really..realy good.
1st Mike Yagami still has my head spinning with his whirlwind contributions and now PJ! Heh..
I'm almost done my massive shipping experience and will be back with some good stuff! Can'gt wait!
The version I have based off the original is going to prolly require that I remove the background and then replace it if that makes any sense..
The original work is just messy.

-BB

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
NeoCverA said:
Metal Slug 4 insert is up and ready for download!
Thanks Pixeljunkie for your hard work, great job!

d/l'ed - this one looks terrific guys!

The current level of creative input into the shockbox scene is simply amazing!

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
BIG BEAR said:
1st Mike Yagami still has my head spinning with his whirlwind contributions and now PJ!

Pull up a chair and pour yourself some Pepto BB.......
I just updated the site with 3 more of Mikes inserts
my8Mansm.jpg
myAOFsm.jpg
mySBB2020sm.jpg

Also, his Magical Drop 2 and Wold Heroes 2 have been updated with the trademark statements removed. So those of you that downloaded the Originals, consider yourselves lucky.......you got teh uber r4r3 versions!

The three new inserts can be downloaded at Mikes NEW page 3 (this dude keeps filling up his pages!) here

Last edited:

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
WOOHOO! Thanks alot guys! I am down to needing just 2 more, Sengoku and AoF2! That is until I buy some more carts!

Keep up the most excellent work!!

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
NeoCverA said:
Pull up a chair and pour yourself some Pepto BB.......
I just updated the site with 3 more of Mikes inserts
my8Mansm.jpg
myAOFsm.jpg
mySBB2020sm.jpg

Also, his Magical Drop 2 and Wold Heroes 2 have been updated with the trademark statements removed. So those of you that downloaded the Originals, consider yourselves lucky.......you got teh uber r4r3 versions!

The three new inserts can be downloaded at Mikes NEW page 3 (this dude keeps filling up his pages!) here

Great work yet again Mike! I'm going to need to revist my Magical Drop 2 insert pretty soon, you've raised the bar! :multi_co:

Cheers,
Ben