Shockbox Insert Update @ Classic-Shock!

GoSpits

Benimaru's Hairdresser
20 Year Member
Right. Thanks for the quick reply.

What a selection of inserts for the KoF series, though, eh? I don't think I've seen one from any of the many designers that has been less than exemplary.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Thanks again for the hosting.

I've been sitting in front of the computer for about 8 hours. My vision is getting blurry, my back is killing me and my butt went to sleep hours ago. Time for me to get some rest.

Mike

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
Tis no Man...
Tis a Remorseless Insert Making Machine! :buttrock:

Keep up the great work, but feel free to pace your self . :D

Cheers,
Ben

Michael Yagami said:
I've been sitting in front of the computer for about 8 hours. My vision is getting blurry, my back is killing me and my butt went to sleep hours ago. Time for me to get some rest.

Mike

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
New Addition to Classic-Shock team

Just wanted to let you know that _kefka_'s recent work (super sidekicks2 and Viewpoint) are up and ready to download at his page in Classic-Shock!

Check it out!

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
As usual, the updates are faster than any replies. Michael Yagami has dropped 3 more inserts to his page:
Fatal Fury
Fatal Fury 2
Fatal Fury Special

He did a great job on these, I suggest you do yourself a favor and check em out!

Michael Yagami

.....so sleepy..........must........finish.......inserts..............

_Kefka_

Overtop Pathfinder
NeoCverA said:
Just wanted to let you know that _kefka_'s recent work (super sidekicks2 and Viewpoint) are up and ready to download at his page in Classic-Shock!

Thanks again :)

And all people who make and share inserts :)

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
VERY nice work, Mr. Yagami - :D

We in the shockbox community are truly blessed to have guys like you, NeoC, and BB putting this amount of effort into your work, and still being willing to share it with us for free. You guys rock!

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Another New Contributor!

pixeljunkie has recently made an insert for Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer and has made it available for everyone. Check out pixeljunkies new page at Classic-Shock!

I just want to chime in and say this is really fu$*% awesome! All these new people coming out with some quality inserts/choices for everyone in the MVS scene. Who will be next?

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Another Yagami Insert

Mike sent his Sengoku 2 insert to me this afternoon. Its up at his page in Classic-Shock (Others section).

mySengoku2.jpg

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Pixeljunkie's Mutation Nation

Pixeljunkie uploaded his Mutation Nation insert and is now available for download!
pxmutationnation_cb.jpg

In other news..........
Michael Yagami is currently uploading a freaking herd of inserts (9). So get ready.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
NeoCverA said:
In other news..........
Michael Yagami is currently uploading a freaking herd of inserts (9). So get ready.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!!

I'm ready, willing, and able! Can't wait to see this new batch. :drool:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
damn Mike you're good at these ;)

Go insert making fools. I still don't use these but they're nice to look at.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Posted at Classic-Shock
Michael just snuck into the server and dropped 9 bombs in Classic-Shock HQ! Good thing we can handle it! The following have been included to Mikes PAGE 2!!

Burning Fight - Magical Drop 2 - Rage of the Dragons - Samurai Shodown - Samurai Shodown 2 - Samurai Shodown 3 - SVC: Chaos - World Heroes 2 - World Heroes Perfect

Mike has a Page 2 now with this huge update!

Shock Box owners have never had it so good.
Classic-Shock BABY!

EDIT: Ultra Cool New feature now! look for the
p_new.gif
for the latest inserts! (borrowed from SNKP's site)

Last edited:

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Again, awesome work guys!!

I see that the later versions of Art of Fighting and Sengoku have inserts made. Anyone going to tackle the original Sengoku or AoF 1&2? I could use these.

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
Grinwing said:

I see that the later versions of Art of Fighting and Sengoku have inserts made. Anyone going to tackle the original Sengoku or AoF 1&2? I could use these.

I am thinking about doing Art of Fighting and/or Double Dragon after I finish up Overtop and yet another Kof 2002 insert...

Michael Yagami

Grinwing said:

I've finished up all the inserts I need for my incoming shock boxes so I'm open to requests/suggestions at this point. If you're in need of an insert that hasn't been done yet or want a new version just shoot me a PM or post here.

Thanks,
Mike

super-saiya-jin

I wish I really were French
a suggestion for the site

why dont you(neocvera)add a news section to your site, Where you(neocvera) can post some of your new ideas (kof box set).etc ...

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Michael Yagami said:
I've finished up all the inserts I need for my incoming shock boxes so I'm open to requests/suggestions at this point. If you're in need of an insert that hasn't been done yet or want a new version just shoot me a PM or post here.

Thanks,
Mike

I'd love to have a nice Metal Slug 4 insert - the one I got from Nick the Fury's website looks pretty cool, but the dimensions are slightly off, and the guy at Kinko's said he could'nt print it because the file is corrupt. I was thinking about something "classic-shock" style, of course, but I'd really just love to get any kind of insert for my poor old lonely MS4 cart. :(

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I have one suggestion.

On the bottom of the back of some inserts, it reads, "NEOGEO is a trademark of SNK Corporation." This has just today bit me at the printer. Trademark is trademark to these people. It doesn't matter that I had 10 printed the other day (half of them with this trademark statement.) They won't touch the two I wanted printed today. BAH!!!

Please leave this part off of the inserts in the future.

Again, BAH!!!

Thanks!

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Grinwing said:
I have one suggestion.

On the bottom of the back of some inserts, it reads, "NEOGEO is a trademark of SNK Corporation." This has just today bit me at the printer. Trademark is trademark to these people. It doesn't matter that I had 10 printed the other day (half of them with this trademark statement.) They won't touch the two I wanted printed today. BAH!!!

Please leave this part off of the inserts in the future.

Again, BAH!!!

Thanks!
That's one of the reasons why I do all of mine that way in regards to removing all trademark information. I don't want it there because when I work on stuff, -I- consider it artwork and though I want it to resemble it's homecart version, I don't want somebody to think about pirating home carts and the droids at the print houses to even think about questioning the legalities.
-BB

Last edited:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Well, Ive been lucky i guess. At the same time, none of the inserts is 100% original work as they take artwork, etc from existing copyrighted stuff. It's up to the authors to remove that trademark statement or alter it as in the templates I provide, its a layer that can easily be manipulated.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
galfordo said:
I'd love to have a nice Metal Slug 4 insert - the one I got from Nick the Fury's website looks pretty cool, but the dimensions are slightly off, and the guy at Kinko's said he could'nt print it because the file is corrupt. I was thinking about something "classic-shock" style, of course, but I'd really just love to get any kind of insert for my poor old lonely MS4 cart. :(

Whats the meg count on MS4??? No reason, just curious ;)

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
pixeljunkie said:
Whats the meg count on MS4??? No reason, just curious ;)

Nothing, as far as I know. But the dimensions of the insert are a little bit off (it's a little too tall), and apparently the file was corrupt after being converted from a bitmap to a pdf file. Actually, if someone could just correct the dimensions and pack it as a compressed pdf (in .rar files, maybe), it'd be a nice insert.