SF3 thread

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
buttasuperb said:
Yea watch out for fats, he acts like he all stank at the game, but he's pretty good.
the damn strat guide helps a ton setup moves and cancels into supers

great matches hendrix
I swear if my stick worked I would be better
I'm surprised I do as well as I do with the s controller

10 Year Member
Nice matches Wes and Kiun.

Kiun fucked me up bad again. Bsod save me from further punishment. :(

Also I think I'm the only Remy player in the world. :kekeke:

And I didn't know you could pick Gill online. Some dude just got crushed, so he decided to pick Gill, and he got crushed again.

10 Year Member
Checked my rank for shits and grins and i'm in the 500s. Whats weirds is that everyone below me has a way better record than I do. Do you get points if you play better people? I only have 50something wins and my rank is higher than people with about the same amount of matches that I do and they have a lot more wins. Just thought it was weird.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
So is the Bradygames SFAC guide actually worth getting? I figured it would suck balls considering the only decent fighting game guide I've ever seen was the Versus Books Alpha 2 guide.

kiun

Zero's Tailor
genjiglove said:
So is the Bradygames SFAC guide actually worth getting? I figured it would suck balls considering the only decent fighting game guide I've ever seen was the Versus Books Alpha 2 guide.

yup. Haven't paid much attention on the SF2 section, but the SF3 section is full of tournament level strategies/combos etc.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
genjiglove said:

Some say it's even better than the Alpha 2 guide. It's fucking quality shit, man. Don't waste any time getting it.

10 Year Member
genjiglove said:
I have been concentrating on the Q section since I want to play someone that no one else does and its some good shit. I have gotten quite a few wins with him. Twelve players were poking the shit out of me and now with Q I tear them the fuck apart. Theres a lot of good shit. Too bad mines missing the ken section :mad:
Taunt three times with Q and he almost takes no damage, that type of shit is golden.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
SonGohan said:
Some say it's even better than the Alpha 2 guide. It's fucking quality shit, man. Don't waste any time getting it.

Damn, if it's better than the Alpha 2 guide then I'll buy it for sure.

Comes with a 3S soundtrack too?

Kusanagi-sama'

Ninja Combat Warrior
FatGuy said:
Checked my rank for shits and grins and i'm in the 500s. Whats weirds is that everyone below me has a way better record than I do. Do you get points if you play better people? I only have 50something wins and my rank is higher than people with about the same amount of matches that I do and they have a lot more wins. Just thought it was weird.

Yes, when you beat a higher ranked person you get a far greater point score.
For example I tested this a few days before I got banned with a friend of mine and when I let him beat me he got 37 points. However, when I beat him I only got 3 points. His ranking at the time was about 230 (as he just got this game) and mine was 5 so I guess it is good for the guys who have lower ranks.

One thing I also found is when I played the number one ranked guy from Japan - Kyoshirohsieh (I dont count Graf Swe as he is not even that good and matches in the UK & Europe are laggy for me unlike Japan & HK) and beat him I only got 6 points and vice versa when he beat me.

The ranking system is wierd..

ajk1080

Ukyo's Doctor
Sup,

I've been practicing and I've come across a couple of questions that I haven't been able to find the answers for.

#1 What's the significance of the red parry? I know that you have to block the first hit then parry the second to get it, but what does it mean? If I counter, does my oppenent take more damage, is it just for show, or do you get more points for a red parry?

#2 Does parrying allow you have a shorter recovery time than blocking? Let me explain. If I miss with a DP or a sweep kick( or I guess anthing with a big whiff) will my recovery time decrese if I try to parry the counter rather than blocking it, or If I can parry then I should be able to block and visa-versa?

#3 I think the DC version had more colors unlocked after you unlocked Gill, do you execute this the same way by holding start then hitting any button?

#4 Are throws taboo online or a neccessary counter to people who like to parry?

Thanks
AJ

10 Year Member
I get thrown all over the place in SF3. That's one of my weaknesses.

If you miss a DP, your gonna get hurt whether you try to parry or block.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Yes, the Brady guide is really well-written. Everybody interested in elevating their level of play should grab that shite ASAP.

Man, I don't wanna do homework or go to work today...I just wanna play HyperSF2. My goals are simply to stay above .500, learn some crazy new shit and break into the Top 50 and stay there.

Third Strike is a lot of fun, but I just don't get the same buzz I do from Hyper.

10 Year Member
Loopz said:
My goals are simply to stay above .500, learn some crazy new shit and break into the Top 50 and stay there.

Yar that would be koll. At least you have a chance to do that in Hyper. In SF3, I'm like 115/330, when it should be more like 115/250

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Yar that would be koll. At least you have a chance to do that in Hyper. In SF3, I'm like 115/330, when it should be more like 115/250

Aye laddie. The BSOD isn't much of an incentive for me to keep practicing TS.
Ranks don't mean shit anyway...I'm just glad people will see my rank and want to play. That's all it's really good for. I'm sure there's tons of solid players who are waiting on the US release, so it's hardly a representative sample of TEH BEST.

PS- That av makes me chuckle. Will Ferrell's Harry Carey is awesome.

10 Year Member
Yea ranks don't mean anything, but some people will decline you based on it, which is sad.

I played against someone yesterday with 200+ wins, ranked high, obviously a good player. He totally destroyed my Remy, and almost didn't rematch because of it. I'm glad he decided to play again, because my Akuma gave him a much tougher time. I think he won 3-2

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
I don't know if this was discussed in the thread, but I don't feel like digging through the whole thread to find it. How is the lag to this game, is it worse than CvS2?

10 Year Member
buttasuperb said:
Yea ranks don't mean anything, but some people will decline you based on it, which is sad.

I played against someone yesterday with 200+ wins, ranked high, obviously a good player. He totally destroyed my Remy, and almost didn't rematch because of it. I'm glad he decided to play again, because my Akuma gave him a much tougher time. I think he won 3-2

So people won't play me because I'll have a terrible rank?

Man, that's fucking gay. I guess I'll practice for awhile before I play it on Live since people are going to be so gay about it.

PS: Why wouldn't they want to if it's an easy win?

10 Year Member
Stinky-Dinkins said:
So people won't play me because I'll have a terrible rank?

Man, that's fucking gay. I guess I'll practice for awhile before I play it on Live since people are going to be so gay about it.

Certain people won't, probably because they are only looking for a good challenge.

G-Product

Benimaru's Hairdresser
when I get my X-BOX copy, I'm gonna own all of u with the low tier mofos Twelve & remy and maybe even Sean muthafuckaz!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

10 Year Member
Stinky-Dinkins said:
Rank is based on points not wins. My rank is higher than a lot of people with way better records since I play high ranked mofos. Playing noobs you get like 2-3 points and playing ranked peeps you get more points. I don't care about points and such so i'll play you every time nigga.