Server Rack Build

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
If you have trouble with buying too much gaming junk putting all your shit in a big weird box probably isn't going to help.
Yeah my thoughts exactly, having a comically huge 42U server rack for videogame shit in your office isn't exactly "stealthy" or "stylish" either lol. At some point you have to accept videogames are goony and just position them in normal places like your living room shelving besides the TV, and if you have too much shit you "use" to do that then it's time to trim your collection or just accept you're as much of a goob as people who make Nintendo themed manchild caves.

And btw isn't the setup a little impractical, too? How do you swap discs and cartridges in there?

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Those racks are cool for server equipment that needs to be tidy, not so much for displays and consoles.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Embrace your goobiness!

#goobpridemonth

daytonausa

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
If you have trouble with buying too much gaming junk putting all your shit in a big weird box probably isn't going to help.

On the contrary! I can’t fit anything else in this bitch lol.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
10 Years ago I would've been like cool great idea, nice setup. Now I'm like, why?

1. Most of that stuff can be played on one device (Mister) which would save you space.
2. You're playing on a small ass monitor out of a server rack.
3. A server rack is not designed for that.

Ok, you're a purist (real hardware) and want to enjoy playing your original consoles. Why not get a bigger Pvm or if you can't find or afford one, a Wega?

Plop all those consoles and arcade hw in like some entertainment center and enjoy. If you remove that gigantic server rack and that magazine rack you will have space to put your entertainment center and maybe more consoles.

Setup looks nice and clean. I'll give you that.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
There was a guy in this scene here in aussie I used to do a bit of “pcb horse trading” with back in the day. He used to tell me about this shed he had set up in the back yard with all his arcade machines. I thought that sounded really cool until one day he sent me a video of this set up. It was basically a collection of 3 or 4 of those little 10x4ft garden sheds you keep a mower and rake in. They were packed with all manner of crap you hoard when you’re into this stuff. He would go in there and play Mortal Kombat or whatever in the boiling Australian heat. A bit of a rum chap, didn’t speak to him much after that.

daytonausa

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
Finally, the correct power cable came in. I’ll tidy up the cabling later. Still need to setup the arcade hardware, but at least got the rgb out setup.

IMG_2359.jpegIMG_2362.jpegIMG_2364.jpegIMG_2365.jpeg

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
"But he worked really hard, guys."
079cee4e-e7c8-4054-a848-09cdc832a5a9-screenshot.jpg

"So do washing machines."
20230919-223539.jpg

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I love how no one mentions the fucking weird moustache thing on the side I mean what are we calling it Mister Rack now are we? Get a grip.

Omg there are console manuals on a magazine rack next to a GoobRack... I think I'm gonna be sick.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Needs moar speakers. Punch out circles on sides of rack, flush mount car speakers above the mustache, and Mr. Rack can have a face.

butthurt coconut

Zero's Secretary
It looks badass but how would you even comfortably play this thing? Just stand in front of it like an arcade machine? It doesn’t seem very ergonomick...

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Could’ve bought a GX•TV and a 8 bay Kallax and been done with it. 🤷‍♂️

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I mean they make nice shelving with doors that are infinitely more user friendly and far more inconspicuous than that thing. It looks like it should be in the background in an episode of TNG with some no name red shirt pretending to use it.

Then again if he didn't want that shit to stick out he probably shouldn't have modded those systems with neon green cases in the first place.

Why a dedicated Naomi setup with no VGA monitor?

Why have the supergun above the TV where the controller cords are just going to get in the way?

What about tate games? Is he just playing them in yoko on that tiny ass TV?

This thread raises so many questions.

Last edited: