Sega enthusiasts wanted

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
Awesome thread! I love the cool stuff posted.

I am a big Sega fan myself, bought my Genesis with saved up cash from odd jobs as a kid and played the snot out of it and then the SegaCD too. Picked up Saturn and Dreamcast as they came out and then grabbed a Sega Master System much later in life. I still have a big soft spot in my heart for the SegaCD/MegaCD and anything related to it.

My area is kind of messy and I'm not a big fan of big room pictures, so I'll post what I consider one of the most prized items in my library, the Mega CD Karaoke unit:

I've always loved the look of the Model 1 Mega Drive and Model 1 CD, the karaoke unit is just a crazy obscure addon that makes it look even cooler in my opinion :)

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

I am a big Sega fan myself, bought my Genesis with saved up cash from odd jobs as a kid and played the snot out of it and then the SegaCD too. Picked up Saturn and Dreamcast as they came out and then grabbed a Sega Master System much later in life. I still have a big soft spot in my heart for the SegaCD/MegaCD and anything related to it.

My area is kind of messy and I'm not a big fan of big room pictures, so I'll post what I consider one of the most prized items in my library, the Mega CD Karaoke unit:

I've always loved the look of the Model 1 Mega Drive and Model 1 CD, the karaoke unit is just a crazy obscure addon that makes it look even cooler in my opinion :)

DaNG. ThaT Looks dope

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S

Yeah that's not something you see every day xelement5x, it look's mint.
I like the mega cd 1 and MD 1 set up the best, i know it's more prone to breaking down but it's a sexy little slab, especially with a 32X, game genie, sonic and knuckles and sonic 3 stuck in it.
The tower of power.

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

The model 1 is such a beautifully designed system.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I've never seen, or heard of, that karaoke add-on for the Mega Drive before--you learn something new every day! How well does that unit perform, compared to a "standard" karaoke set-up?

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
Thanks for the kind words guys :)

I actually have a Mega Modem and 10-key pad as well but they don't have much of a purpose so they're not really used. I want to get a Japanese Super 32X as well someday but they're still kind of pricey so it's a back burner thing since I can already pretty much play whatever with a US 32X and Everdrive anyway.

@M, I don't really do a lot of karaoke so I can't really compare quality there, but it seems like an adequate little unit, pretty much the same kind of thing as the X'Eye. I tested it with a burned CD and it worked fine, but my singing is another matter. Despite how cool the unit looks it is actually really light feeling too and feels a bit cheap. I won't complain though as it's not like a paid a lot for it, and I'm a sucker for style over substance sometimes.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I love this thread, more fuel for the fire. :cool: Got these scores in this week.

The power base mini from Stoneagegamer is badass!

Btw thanks NeoGeofanatic for the Genny titles good sir I dig these.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I love this thread, more fuel for the fire. :cool: Got these scores in this week.

The power base mini from Stoneagegamer is badass!

Btw thanks NeoGeofanatic for the Genny titles good sir I dig these.

Hyperstone Heist is my Jam. My parents got me this game on on my 10th birthday. I played this game so much that my thumbs had blisters from using that hard dpad on the original 3 button controllers. Good times.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Hyperstone Heist is my Jam. My parents got me this game on on my 10th birthday. I played this game so much that my thumbs had blisters from using that hard dpad on the original 3 button controllers. Good times.

This is my first time having the Genny version, I had the SNES one when it came out. It is a great game I'm going to play through it later today. Played through and beat GnG last night lots of fun love this port.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
This is my first time having the Genny version, I had the SNES one when it came out. It is a great game I'm going to play through it later today. Played through and beat GnG last night lots of fun love this port.

It's not as good as the Snes version but is still a really good game. You should be able to breeze through it no problem.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
SNES Turtles in Time > Genesis Hyperstone Heist, but, taken on its own merits, it's a pretty good TMNT beat-em-up. If nothing else, to my knowledge, it's the only TMNT game to feature Tatsu (Shredder's righthand man from the first live action TMNT film) as a boss.

38856-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-the-hyperstone-heist-genesis-screenshot.gif

cat

It's not as good as the Snes version but is still a really good game. You should be able to breeze through it no problem.
Being a sega fanboy RAZO, as much as it pains me, i gotta agree with you, the snes version is a lot better.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

While I agree the SNES game is better, Hyperstone Heist on max difficulty is its own thing and is fantastic. You guys should give it a try.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
I can't say I have heard of the power base mini either, but that is tempting. How are prices on master system games these days?

cat

I can't say I have heard of the power base mini either, but that is tempting. How are prices on master system games these days?
They're going up big time.
latest pick up's
Master of darkness and psycho fox are the business.
20161029_221633.jpg

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
While I agree the SNES game is better, Hyperstone Heist on max difficulty is its own thing and is fantastic. You guys should give it a try.

Yea, I think you have to crank up the difficulty on this game. Playing this on Normal is pretty easy for most beat'em up fans. I remember beating this game on the hardest difficulty back in the days a few times.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper

Hyperstone Heist arguably plays better than Turtles in Time, too.
Much faster, and having run mapped to a dedicated button is a great improvement.