Sega enthusiasts wanted

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Sorry wyo, but one's a repo, i got caught out on jauce with that.
The other is legit though and i'd never part with it.
I got 2 alien soldiers though so if you ever fancy a loose cart at the price i paid for it back in around 1998, i'll give you first dibs mate.
I picked up the CIB one for 4 quid, from a local game shop back in 2003, god i miss the old day's.
Check this out, i kept the receipt for posterity
20161021_214537.jpg

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Damn you guys with Alien Soldier making me want that title.

Here's my current line up, more on the way.

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
Seeing all these posts makes me want to get a Genesis again.

Last edited:

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member

You people stop posting those genesis/mega drive collection pictures...........
Those make me envy...........serious

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

Not Bad Marty, I'll like how you blended the Genny titles with the MD. Now sell me that Lightening Force

One of the games that made me want to get the Genesis.

It's a must for anyone who owns a genny.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
You people stop posting those genesis/mega drive collection pictures...........
Those make me envy...........serious

Shit bro, post up your Sega collection I bet it will put all of ours to shame. :cool:

Not Bad Marty, I'll like how you blended the Genny titles with the MD. Now sell me that Lightening Force

Thanks bud I don't worry about region, I just want to get which ever one is the cheapest if I can.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Shit bro, post up your Sega collection I bet it will put all of ours to shame. :cool:

Thanks bud I don't worry about region, I just want to get which ever one is the cheapest if I can.

I hear you. Get whatever region is easier to obtain.

cat

If you look at his collection photos, he got many doubles............:drool_2::drool_2::drool_2:

Yeah i have LS probably around 10.
Some i know, trouble shooter, probotector, wani wani world, rocket knight adventures, sonic 1, alien soldier, gaiares.
Can't think of any more of the top my head.
I've been collecting for the system for so long that i'd be picking up loose carts for 50p and boxed for 2-3 quid at car boots back in the late 90's early 2000's.
Strangely, i was at a car boot 3 months ago and picked up a loose cart of wiz n liz for 50p.
I don't think big money MD games are anything new though.
I remember a lot of MD games being very pricy even 15 years ago.
When i was chuffed paying 4 quid for Alien soldier back in 2003 from Gamestation it was with good reason, it was fetching 60-80 quid even back then.

Last edited:

cat

Man I'd also love even a loose alien soldier.
I love the game fluxcore, but it's a marmite game, you either love it or hate it.
Once you learn that you got to parry and use the dash it get's a lot easier.
Still a tough game, but would make my top 10 MD games easily, it's close to perfect, and a showcase for the system.
Criminal it never got released stateside.
I love me a boss rush, and this is just about as good as it get's on an MD, bring em on.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I second that the way the 2nd hand market is now for the genesis.

There are some exceptions, games that differ with different region... I wouldn't buy a western version of Marble Madness for example. I also prefer the Japanese port of Shadow of the Beast and the original Contra version. Super Shinobi & Kujaku Ou 2 are also preferable to their western counterparts. PAL optimized games fall out totally -- Mega Turrican and Alien Soldier being prime examples.

cat

There are some exceptions, games that differ with different region... I wouldn't buy a western version of Marble Madness for example. I also prefer the Japanese port of Shadow of the Beast and the original Contra version. Super Shinobi & Kujaku Ou 2 are also preferable to their western counterparts. PAL optimized games fall out totally -- Mega Turrican and Alien Soldier being prime examples.
Yeah i much rather the jap versions of some games as well oc.
The pal version's have either had the difficulty tweaked or had things cut out or changed.
4 examples, streets of rage 3 (much harder than the jap version and the village people boss cut out) magical hat (decap attack) castlevania the new generation and dynamite heddy (things changed or censored).
Personally i like the pal optimized version of thunderforce 4 we got, play's at full speed at least.
I like the box art with a lot of the jap MD stuff as well, there's something about it that appeals to me.
And a lot of great titles never got released outside of japan/south korea as well, so if you want panorama cotton, daiginjou, eliminate down, slap fight, gleylancer, pepenga pengo, pulseman, snow brothers, and a whole bunch of others as well, it's those territories only, and prepare to pay through the nose for them.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I did this too. I had everything except for Spiderman and BC Racers, and I came to my senses instead of spending all that cash for such a terrible game. I sold most of my 32x collection, just keeping the few that I actually played.

I ditched a lot of my regular Genesis games too, keeping only about 20 of my favorites. I do have the Everdrive though, and I still play all the time. I'm currently in the middle of Shining Force CD, that game is great.

Shining Force CD is great. I wish I still had it. It's my favorite in the series. I like the setup where you don't have traverse a world map, it just gets down to business.

DJ Boy was also censored.

@ Montatez ----- I see you have Landstalker, and Rocket Knight Adventures. So your Genny collection gets my Official Seal of Approval. I however do not see Wonder Boy in Monster World, so you might want to get on that. I'm guessing you're not much of an RPG fan with the lack of Shining Force and Shining in the Darkness, and Phantasy Star.

Here's one of my all time favorites. Any gentleman that can appreciate the difficulty of Ghouls n' Ghosts should own this, as they are about on the same difficulty level.
20161024_005825.jpg

I just picked up a nice complete Phantasy Star IV yesterday from a friend. Super nice copy. I can't wait to tear into that one.

Last edited:

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I often go with what version is the cheapest.I know what you mean about marble madness,tengen version is great but the ea one is terrible.Few years back when i wanted a copy of gunstar heroes i found it cheaper buying the md one.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I often go with what version is the cheapest.I know what you mean about marble madness,tengen version is great but the ea one is terrible.Few years back when i wanted a copy of gunstar heroes i found it cheaper buying the md one.

Exactly, as a rule of thumb it's a good concept, but sometimes it's a question of quality to choose the more expensive version.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Shining Force CD is great. I wish I still had it. It's my favorite in the series. I like the setup where you don't have traverse a world map, it just gets down to business.

DJ Boy was also censored.

@ Montatez ----- I see you have Landstalker, and Rocket Knight Adventures. So your Genny collection gets my Official Seal of Approval. I however do not see Wonder Boy in Monster World, so you might want to get on that. I'm guessing you're not much of an RPG fan with the lack of Shining Force and Shining in the Darkness, and Phantasy Star.

Here's one of my all time favorites. Any gentleman that can appreciate the difficulty of Ghouls n' Ghosts should own this, as they are about on the same difficulty level.
View attachment 40076

I just picked up a nice complete Phantasy Star IV yesterday from a friend. Super nice copy. I can't wait to tear into that one.

I have shining force 2 and hate it. I love old school turn based rpgs but grid fighting rpgs I hate with a passion. And phantasy stars I really want to try they just never appear in thrift stores, may have to ebay them.

My snes rpg collection is far greater. The snes did rpg's right.

And never heard of wonder boy. Rocket knight is one of my favorites though!

sparksterz

Camel Slug
I have shining force 2 and hate it. I love old school turn based rpgs but grid fighting rpgs I hate with a passion. And phantasy stars I really want to try they just never appear in thrift stores, may have to ebay them.

My snes rpg collection is far greater. The snes did rpg's right.

And never heard of wonder boy. Rocket knight is one of my favorites though!

I find the gameplay to be too slow by the time you wait for every fight animation...I don't believe you can turn it off of SF2 right?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
You should give me Shining Force 2, it's one of the few Genny carts I'll looking for.

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
I want a copy of Devil Hunter yohko, and is it okay to bring up Dreamcast and Saturn shit up on this thread?

Last edited: