Sega Announces New Daytona USA Title for the Arcades

MissFaith

New Challenger
Saturn Daytona is fucking awesome.

It definitely gave it an edge in the early days before Gran Turismo came out. It was slighty better than Ridge Racer. Can't remember if played it with a wheel but probably did. Was super impressive for the time. Do love the Dreamcast version as well, brings the arcade even closer to home. Rolllllllling Start!

Nice that it's in the works but didn't sega get the memo the arcades are dead !! I will never understand why sega keeps insisting that some games should stay arcade exclusive.

What makes you think Sega will ever learn anything? They will always cut their nose to spite their face. They hang on their reputation of bringing qaulity arcade games that can usually be ported succesfully. I hope I get a chance to play this somewhere. Probably will not reach the heights of the previous games but I stand by Sega's stubbornness to try and revive the series. If anyone can make this a success they can.

Gentlemen start your engines!

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Arcades are still alive and well in Japan. In the states, the only thing keeping them alive is Round 1.

Can't wait to see this!

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Eh, The states are kept alive by barcades and food/arcade places like Dave and Busters.

Honest question. Did Sega ever make serious money porting a racer to consoles? Other then Mario Kart and Gran Turismo series I can't really think of titles that sold like hotcakes.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Eh, The states are kept alive by barcades and food/arcade places like Dave and Busters.

Honest question. Did Sega ever make serious money porting a racer to consoles? Other then Mario Kart and Gran Turismo series I can't really think of titles that sold like hotcakes.

Surely there must be a copy of Sega Rally out there for every Saturn.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Surely there must be a copy of Sega Rally out there for every Saturn.

I wouldn't doubt it.

Now, if you're talking about Manx TT or Sega Touring Car, then that might be a different story - Both of those were great conversions, but way too late in the lifespan of the system for anyone to give a shit.

Bagheera369

New Challenger
Just had 2 roll though the shop, but all we had time to do was card swipe them, and get em on a truck. Hope to find one where we have time to boot up and play....:(