SEALED PC Engine Game Giveaway!

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Call it what you will but it's an extremely small and petty damn thing to want to buy games sealed. It's the reason why forum like Nintendo Age is such a shitty cesspool.

Then you have a serious problem if buying videogame software you'll never open up to play and enjoy.

Who are you trying to impress with this? Yourself or some people you'll most likely never meet in real life?

And yet with that analogy, It's also never really enjoyed for what it is and eventually that fruit like this hobby will go rotten and unwanted never to be enjoyed for what it is.

See? I can do shitty analogies also.

All to be used for what the people who spent hours of their time making that game for.

To be enjoyed simply because it's a form of entertainment, That's all.

You're probably right tho that it's a big deal to some people who can't find it in themselves to enjoy this hobby for what it originally was which was the enjoyment of videogames and not buying up shit to look at it on a shelf to never be touched because you want to feel some sort of gratification of owning something nobody else has ever enjoyed.

It's a pretty sad choice of a thing to do when you think about it years from now when your eyesight is gone, your joints hurt, and your life is reaching it's end and you realize, *Which you finally will you can bet.*, that you bought a shitload of solid state media you never really cared to own in the 1st place other than it was covered in factory plastic wrap.

You really need to reevaluate your reasons for being in this hobby.

How dare you tell me how to enjoy my game. I am not the one with the problem YOU are.

I have met many people in real life, and they all understand my burning desire. Small minds like yours simply cannot.
They understand collectable value, they appreciate collectable value. Because it matters most.

You are likely a hypocrite. Do you understand the developers intent with game mechanics? Likely not. Just spitting out cliched rhetoric.

Your choices are sad, mine are strong and true. I have spent many years evaluating, reevaluating and soul-searching all the same, and my intents grow stronger EVERYDAY.

I have something to be proud of. And when the time comes when this tree gets cut down by unfortunate circumstances (theft, flood or death), the world will be able to count the rings on the stump. They'll tell a rich story of legacy, alright.
I express myself through my hobby.

Your stump will have no rings.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
How dare you tell me how to enjoy my game. I am not the one with the problem YOU are.

I have met many people in real life, and they all understand my burning desire. Small minds like yours simply cannot.
They understand collectable value, they appreciate collectable value. Because it matters most.

You are likely a hypocrite. Do you understand the developers intent with game mechanics? Likely not. Just spitting out cliched rhetoric.

Your choices are sad, mine are strong and true. I have spent many years evaluating, reevaluating and soul-searching all the same, and my intents grow stronger EVERYDAY.

I have something to be proud of. And when the time comes when this tree gets cut down by unfortunate circumstances (theft, flood or death), the world will be able to count the rings on the stump. They'll tell a rich story of legacy, alright.

You wear a fedora don't you?

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Congratulations to Neosneth! PM me your address details and I’ll ship out the game ASAP! Remember rule number four, we’re counting on you.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
No No No!

Neosneth, please do the right thing and keep this the way it is, sealed.

Damn you F4U57

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
@Neosneth... here's what I would do... once you get the game...

Video yourself... opening the game... then take pictures of yourself with the CD on a string.. wrapped around your willy area.. (best be naked for Max effect...)...

THEN... raffle the game again... PROVENANCE MOFO'S!

xROTx

Giga_Power32bit

Armored Scrum Object
I think this is really dumb. It's not like you can find sealed PC Engine games
on your local electronics retailer's shelves. I mean, once it's open, that's it.

Not sure what this is supposed to prove.

Sorry, count me out, I am not participating in this!

Don't have to be a salty cunt about it. Have a snickers your not yourself when your hungry.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
@Neosneth... here's what I would do... once you get the game...

Video yourself... opening the game... then take pictures of yourself with the CD on a string.. wrapped around your willy area.. (best be naked for Max effect...)...

THEN... raffle the game again... PROVENANCE MOFO'S!

xROTx

Now that's a raffle.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide

There are enough thoughts in this post to make me believe Romanticism didn't die. It's my favorite period, the last stand before pragmatism takes over. To make clear, I admire this post because it doesn't need my petty two cents. It doesn't need them at all.

On a more conciliatory note, we're all here elevating video gaming, deliberately or not, it does not matter.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
How dare you tell me how to enjoy my game.

Yeah how dare I give you shit for acting like a dumbass when you were the one who walked into this thread salty as fuck over someone giving away a PC Engine game sealed with the requirement that the person who won it would open it up.

I am not the one with the problem YOU are.

Hey now, you're the guy who got all up in arms about how the fruit of your loins were pure and unsullied. And then some people called you out for not at least attempting to rub one out lest your balls explode from all that factory plastic wrapped all over them.

I have met many people in real life, and they all understand my burning desire.

No it's not a burning desire.

It's something you should consider asking yourself if in the end you feel like buying games and forever sealing them away to never to see the light of day is worth all this foaming rage you're throwing at me.

Small minds like yours simply cannot.

No I understand completely. You have a problem & you just can't accept the fact that a lot of people feel that you have one. Hence why you felt the need to comment on this thread about a sealed PC Engine game being opened and no longer worth anything because it's opened.

Sadly it doesn't. I told you at the start that video games should not be considered an investment.

You probably won't really understand what that means until it's too late and then & only then will you realize your burning desire is nothing more then a sputtering flame in a windy tunnel.

Yes because game developers sit down and write code for hours upon hours with the intent that their hard work will never be enjoyed by a guy like you because you only care to look at the package and not what's inside. If you feel like your balls are being busted about this it's because they are.

No developer puts in that much time into a full retail game only to have it stored away and never played. That's just you being ignorant and asinine.

If you mean weak and flaccid then you're right on the money. Maybe you need to re-evaluate yourself some more because somewhere along the line in the hobby of collected "Sealed" videogames, you forgot what they were originally meant for and no, Not to be left on a shelf to never be touched except with white gloves.

I have something to be proud of.

You take pride in collecting sealed games. That is really a fucking sad and pathetic way to live.

And when the time comes when this tree gets cut down by unfortunate circumstances (theft, flood or death), the world will be able to count the rings on the stump. They'll tell a rich story of legacy, alright.

You can express yourself all you want. You should just be ready for others to express themselves as well when you walk into a thread like this & make stupid fucking comments because you couldn't keep your pie-hole shut because someone was giving away a sealed game and your precious sensibilities couldn't handle that it being opened was a travesty to humanity that you couldn't bear to see.

I've done a lot of things in my life I'm sure I'll be remembered for but thank god it won't be for me never playing the games I buy.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
ASID trolling is the best trolling :lolz:

11/10 would buy again.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
ASID trolling is the best trolling :lolz:

11/10 would buy again.

idk, Rot seems to think he's serious with his postings. Can you really blame me to think he's not being serious? lol

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
How dare you call me names.

Hahaha, for you to say such a thing makes me think you've never experienced the rush of having a game IN A FORM that very
few have ever dreamed of.

God damn I've missed ASID's posts. Truly unique, in a good way.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Are the scores trolling, too? And the Aero Fighters expense? I'm Still Here was like... "If we're truly witnessing the unraveling of a talented man in his prime, it's just sad. If it's all performance art, though, it's just pointless."

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
idk, Rot seems to think he's serious with his postings. Can you really blame me to think he's not being serious? lol

What i said is... "It sure looks like ASID is going mad... and it's NG.com.. not some creche... " :D

And_Such_As_Anal... is just another nutcase around here...

xROTx

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
What i said is... "It sure looks like ASID is going mad... and it's NG.com.. not some creche... " :D

And_Such_As_Anal... is just another nutcase around here...

xROTx

So it would seem. lol

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
So it would seem. lol

Bonusbum pal...

You gotta remember... unless it's someone like Liquid_Snake... or Xorthen...

The lads who have been a while are sorta... funsters...

I know the lads... I know this forum... sad as that maybe...

I assume this is one of the main reasons why I can look after the place... :D

xROTx

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Congrats, Neosneth--I hope you enjoy your prize, and props to F4U57 for doing the giveaway!

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I will start building the set for the "big reveal".
How exciting

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
3Jo4rPC.jpg

There are enough thoughts in this post to make me believe Romanticism didn't die.
I'm crying!