SEALED PC Engine Game Giveaway!

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
Sign me up!

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Throw me in the mix. I will defile that sealed game like a monster if I win #RIPGRAILERS :-J

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I think this is really dumb. It's not like you can find sealed PC Engine games
on your local electronics retailer's shelves. I mean, once it's open, that's it.

Not sure what this is supposed to prove.

Sorry, count me out, I am not participating in this!

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
on your local electronics retailer's shelves. I mean, once it's open, that's it.

The man wants to give the game to someone that'll play it, hence requiring proof of opening it. I see nothing wrong with wanting to give someone a game so they'll play it and not just turn it into shelf jewelry.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

A wild ASID appears!

This could be a cathartic experience for you. You know, like swimming with sharks or jumping out of a plane.

Face your fears son, and overcome them. Break free from the shackles that bind you!

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member

Videogames shouldn't be thought of as an investment.

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
^^ well, i must reevaluate my position on it.
i'm expecting some sort of return in the long run.
plus, i can think of a few that applies to.
as for what's quoted, just write it off as standard fare. :(
great giveaway faust, just saying before this post is taken out of context...
carry on. :p
[edit]
@ viewpoint.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
What do you mean?

Exactly what I said. Complaining about a PC Engine game being sealed when you said..

It's not like you can find sealed PC Engine games

It isn't that big of a deal. It's a video game. Not a modern art masterpiece that you hang on a wall to look at. You play and buy games to enjoy them. Not to look at all the shiny plastic wrap covering it while at the same time knowing it'll be worth more to some collector down the line because he wants something that nobody else's cock marks have touched. Crack that fucker open, pop it in the system and enjoy it. I'm pretty damn sure the people who developed that game wasn't thinking, "Oh man I sure hope this stays sealed so all the work I spent programming this can't be seen!"

This hobby is fucking awful enough as it is without these forums being invaded by the "Sealed" mentality.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I understand you. Everything deserves to have an ending, yet does it have to be televised? There's a bit of Heinlein in this happening, like...

DO YOUR PART !

YOU WANT TO LIVE FOREVER?!

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member

I thought you were cool but now you're a cunt, don't be a cunt.

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
attachment.jpg

I remember watching this video a while back, but can't find it anymore. Any chance you can share a link so I can laugh? TopTier!

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Exactly what I said. Complaining about a PC Engine game being sealed when you said..

It isn't that big of a deal. It's a video game. Not a modern art masterpiece that you hang on a wall to look at. You play and buy games to enjoy them. Not to look at all the shiny plastic wrap covering it while at the same time knowing it'll be worth more to some collector down the line because he wants something that nobody else's cock marks have touched. Crack that fucker open, pop it in the system and enjoy it. I'm pretty damn sure the people who developed that game wasn't thinking, "Oh man I sure hope this stays sealed so all the work I spent programming this can't be seen!"

This hobby is fucking awful enough as it is without these forums being invaded by the "Sealed" mentality.

Yeah ok that's your opinion man.

I go to great extremes for the purest thrills. I will send big money to have my ORIGINAL games in their ORIGINAL form...packaged.

Say what you will about "playing your games", the true spirit of a game collector knows this...the sweetest fruit is the purest fruit, and in this modern age, unopened is the purest.

It's really sad how this is going to be thrown away...all for what...

EDIT: It is a big deal

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I thought you were cool but now you're a cunt, don't be a cunt.

How dare you call me names.

Hahaha, for you to say such a thing makes me think you've never experienced the rush of having a game IN A FORM that very
few have ever dreamed of.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
How dare you call me names.

Hahaha, for you to say such a thing makes me think you've never experienced the rush of having a game IN A FORM that very
few have ever dreamed of.

THE RUSH! haha wow.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Yeah ok that's your opinion man.

Call it what you will but it's an extremely small and petty damn thing to want to buy games sealed. It's the reason why forum like Nintendo Age is such a shitty cesspool.

I go to great extremes for the purest thrills. I will send big money to have my ORIGINAL games in their ORIGINAL form...packaged.

Then you have a serious problem if buying videogame software you'll never open up to play and enjoy.

Who are you trying to impress with this? Yourself or some people you'll most likely never meet in real life?

Say what you will about "playing your games", the true spirit of a game collector knows this...the sweetest fruit is the purest fruit, and in this modern age, unopened is the purest.

And yet with that analogy, It's also never really enjoyed for what it is and eventually that fruit like this hobby will go rotten and unwanted never to be enjoyed for what it is.

See? I can do shitty analogies also.

It's really sad how this is going to be thrown away...all for what...

EDIT: It is a big deal

All to be used for what the people who spent hours of their time making that game for.

To be enjoyed simply because it's a form of entertainment, That's all.

You're probably right tho that it's a big deal to some people who can't find it in themselves to enjoy this hobby for what it originally was which was the enjoyment of videogames and not buying up shit to look at it on a shelf to never be touched because you want to feel some sort of gratification of owning something nobody else has ever enjoyed.

It's a pretty sad choice of a thing to do when you think about it years from now when your eyesight is gone, your joints hurt, and your life is reaching it's end and you realize, *Which you finally will you can bet.*, that you bought a shitload of solid state media you never really cared to own in the 1st place other than it was covered in factory plastic wrap.

You really need to reevaluate your reasons for being in this hobby.