Samurai Shodown V Special coming to PS2

lordnikon

Another Striker
Okay let me "break it down" for anyone who thinks Special is going to be even remotely playable.

In Japan SNK still wants to honor the NeoGeo and keep Special as an AES/MVS exclusive. SNK USA however is a different story entirely. They don't care, and were quoted as saying something along the lines of "if its not in there, we will get it in there."

As far as I know, SNK Playmore USA handled SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1. Do you all know how horrid that compilation turned out?

What SNK Playmore USA is planning to do is take Japan's code and shovel in SSV Special.

Don't get your hopes up at all. Be very skeptical. SNK USA is going to crap all over this release.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Anyone know what SNK will be releasing next in the Neo Geo Collection series? Any word on Ninja Masters?? :spock:

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
It's available on the "spend 30 mins modding your psp to play emulators" edition

lordnikon

Another Striker
Anyone know what SNK will be releasing next in the Neo Geo Collection series? Any word on Ninja Masters?? :spock:
No word yet, however if you pay very very close attention to the intro video for each Japanese compilation, it shows none other than *drum roll* Ninja Masters. I guess they had the intentions of releasing it, but hadn't yet. I don't think we will know until the next TGS, because by that time 98 Ultimate Match, Sunsoft, and Samurai will have already been released.

Last edited:

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
No word yet, however if you pay very very close attention to the intro video for each Japanese compilation, it shows none other than *drum roll* Nina Masters. I guess they had the intentions of releasing it, but hadn't yet. I don't think we will know until the next TGS, because by that time 98 Ultimate Match, Sunsoft, and Samurai will have already been released.

Yeah, I'd noticed Ninja Masters quite clearly on the intros for Online Collections which is why I'd asked of anyone knew anything about the release... I wasn't expecting the SS collection until much later on in the year... Guess we'll wait until TGS then, not that there's much left to port now.

lordnikon

Another Striker
As far as I know, SNK Playmore USA handled SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1.
Just wondering if you found any evidence to support this. Because I'm curious too.
Here is the best information I have to go on thus far:

1.) Every NeoGeo compilation developed by SNK of Japan has been released in Japan first, then North America. SNK Arcade Classics hasn't even been released in Japan yet.

2.) So far SNK of Japan has managed to release 11 compilations in their NeoGeo online lineup. None of them are as horrid and unplayable as SNK Arcade Classics Vol 1.

3.) In an interview with SNK USA, they stated "SNKP: When I personally make the title of our first collection, SNK Arcade Classics Volume 1..." Notice how he says "I personally" and "our first collection".

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Good stuff. I hope you're right, it would explain a lot. Usually collections of this size are not released in Japan. The Capcom ones, the Taito ones, all compiled outside of Japan.

What ever happened to that Japanese cover someone posted a while back? All I can find for sale is the Asian PSP one, and that has that cover. If it really does get a Japanese release, it will be sort of unprecedented. Too bad it's also such a shoddy release. They ought to clean it up first.

pa.119229.1.jpg

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
SNK-Jpn probably tested Arcade Classics, roffled for a bit, slung it in the bin and carried on refining KoF '98 Ultimate Match...

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Does anyone even have any solid proof that SNKPUSA even has any programming staff?

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
No word yet, however if you pay very very close attention to the intro video for each Japanese compilation, it shows none other than *drum roll* Ninja Masters. I guess they had the intentions of releasing it, but hadn't yet. I don't think we will know until the next TGS, because by that time 98 Ultimate Match, Sunsoft, and Samurai will have already been released.

Maybe they're saving that for SNK Classics Collection V. 2...:vik:

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Thats right, i recently had to update my firmware and totally forgot... I was easily able to google the info. Just makes sure you have the right PSP version.

ViewtifulZFO

Street Hoop Star
If anyone was looking for the stateside release of SSVS (like myself), you're in for dissapointment.

Contrary to earlier reports, the SNKP website now only says 6 games are in the collection - looks like SSVS is staying right where it is.

http://www.snkneogeousaconsumer.com/game_ssanth_ps2.php

"Tons of unlockable bonus content material" seems a bit ambiguous, but it's the last hope for it to be included in this collection. Still highly unlikely.