Robocop remake (2014 movie)

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Yeah, you're right. He'll probably snatch me while I'm sleeping tonight.

Aw man...you can come up with better than that. Robo doesn't abduct people, he liberates them from shit like the clutches of nuke...

Which you clearly seem to be using, posting limp ass come backs like that tripe.

Last edited:

GinForBreakfast

Quiz Detective
Aw man...you can come up with better than that. Robo doesn't abduct people, he liberates them from shit like the clutches of nuke...

Which you clearly seem to be using, posting limp ass come backs like that tripe.

Nah, that nuke shit is weak. Doesn't give me the buzz I crave.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Nah, that nuke shit is weak. Doesn't give me the buzz I crave.

Well, your in luck. Rumor is Kane is working on some new types of Nuke. Names like White Noise, Blue Velvet and Black Thunder have been swirling around...

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I have the 15th anniversary DVD of RoboCop and it's fucking excellent. It has the extended cut with all the violence added back in. The way it's meant to be seen.

I've been wanting to phase out my DVD collection in favor of Blu-Ray, but I doubt this is one I'll be replacing.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
I have the 15th anniversary DVD of RoboCop and it's fucking excellent. It has the extended cut with all the violence added back in. The way it's meant to be seen.

I've been wanting to phase out my DVD collection in favor of Blu-Ray, but I doubt this is one I'll be replacing.

I got the Criterion edition. Pretty good bonuses on the disk.

I really like the added brutality of the cut scenes, of course some of the graphic violence is on the razor's edge of comical and grotesque.

Can't help but cringe when Murphy is blown to bits and can't help but laugh when ED-209 blows a thousands holes in the young business dude at the OCP meeting.

Robocop is fucking awesome because it is brutal one second and laughable the next.

Last edited:

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
I got the Criterion edition. Pretty good bonuses on the disk.

I really like the added brutality of the cut scenes, of course some of the graphic violence is on the razor's edge of comical and grotesque.

Can't help but cringe when Murphy is blown to bits and can't help but laugh when ED-209 blows a thousands holes in the young business dude at the OCP meeting.

Robocop is fucking awesome because it is brutal one second and laughable the next.

I'm of the opinion that the cut on the Criterion disc is actually less violent than the R rated cut. The "X-Rated" cut on the Criterion disc takes the violence over the top to the point of being darkly humorous. The R-Rated cut i found to feel more brutal & evil as the violence doesn't go past a little too far.

Anyway, my Criterion copy was the first DVD I ever bought back in 1998. And I will keep it as long as it plays and I have something to play it on... :D

And somehow I missed this tidbit when it was new like 3 years ago.
[video]http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/521706ecf7/robocop-speaks-to-detroit?rel=player[/video]

And also missed how there was a kickstarter for the statue. :( Which is currently being built. :)

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Meh...the rubber man looking CG in the second clip is pretty obvious...

This is just going to be yet another sad attempt to remake a classic film...

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Anybody pick up the new Blu-Ray? I'm kinda debating on getting it. Best Buy has it on sale for 8 dollars but of course it's sold out online and also my local store's sold out of it too. Not sure if I should order it now and wait a few weeks to get it or just drive out to another place to get it. I already got the two disk that came out after the Criterion edition that has the extra added gore and it was amazing at how they built that whole puppet of Murphy, only to blow the ever loving shit out of it.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I'd buy it if I could find it for $8. Amazon jacked the price up to $17, so fuck that.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Anybody pick up the new Blu-Ray? I'm kinda debating on getting it. Best Buy has it on sale for 8 dollars but of course it's sold out online and also my local store's sold out of it too. Not sure if I should order it now and wait a few weeks to get it or just drive out to another place to get it. I already got the two disk that came out after the Criterion edition that has the extra added gore and it was amazing at how they built that whole puppet of Murphy, only to blow the ever loving shit out of it.

This 4k remastered is excellent! I got it from bestbuy.com two days ago and I'm really happy.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Wow, good thing I waited a day. Went from 19 and change down to 10. Plus since I've got Prime I don't have to wait long to get it, unlike at Bestbuy.com where it's on wait list.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
They are using RoboCop in DUI enforcement commercials. The irony...

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Wow, good thing I waited a day. Went from 19 and change down to 10. Plus since I've got Prime I don't have to wait long to get it, unlike at Bestbuy.com where it's on wait list.

I paid $7.99 from bestbuy.com couple weeks ago. I didn't know 4k remastered price fluctuated to $19.....wow...

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
That 70's Drug Lord, nice. If only they had him putting a foot up someone's ass it would be full circle.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Reviews are in. So far its hovering around 50% on Rotten Tomatoes which is better than I anticipated. Anyone get a chance to see it?