Robocop remake (2014 movie)

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
I could've sworn there was already thread for this but I didn't find one. Anywho, I thought I'd bring the new Robocop look to everyones' attention. The movie is due out early next year.

Robo1.jpg

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Bad that they're remaking it.

Good that they aren't carbon-copying the original.

Bad that, and I'm sure I'm not the first to say this, it looks like a Daft Punk costume.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Yeah, a Daft Punk helmet with plastic body armor. Is he supposed to be the future of law enforcement or just a regular cop in riot gear?

I'm not psyched about the new getup, but the cast is promising at least.

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
Watched Robocop directors cut last night.... excellent.... and going to be very hard to do justice.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
The original is perfect.

This is just another example of a desperate Hollywood trying anything it can to squeeze cash out of nostalgia.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Nobody beats paul verhoeven's work, a good example is "Total Recall" in 2012.........

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
It's been some 26 years since the original Robocop, and it's like they are going backwards in human/cyborg believe-ability.

Before it actually looked like man and machine were merged into one. Now? just a skinny dude in body armour.

:down:

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
This film will be rubbish. Take away the extreme violence and edginess of the original Robocop and what are you left with - Robocop 3 - enough said!

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
One reason why it will suck. PG13. Here are some of the toys coming out and I think the classic colors is just a toy thing, but totally should have been the movie colors.
RoboCop Set.jpg

dgame

Cheng's Errand Boy
10 Year Member
The classic colored one has a different suit design and is labeled Robocop 2.0 whereas Daft Punk is labeled Robocop 3.0.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
One thing I loved about the original was the ~gory way that they fused a human head to a robot body. This new one looks like whats been said, a cop in future riot gear. I don't like it at all. I fucking loved the original suit.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
It's been some 26 years since the original Robocop, and it's like they are going backwards in human/cyborg believe-ability.

Before it actually looked like man and machine were merged into one. Now? just a skinny dude in body armour.

:down:

This.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Man fuck this shit why is one of his hands still organic, huge vulnerability there. I remember in the original they managed to save a arm but Bob said cut that shit off and go full prosthetic.

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
The new Robocop film should be a documentary of Detroit, where the events happen in real time.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
I hear the movie is been delayed due to it being too dangerous to film on location in Detroit.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Wait a minute.

WAIT A MINUTE.

GUYS.

What if Robocop was a Xenomorph?

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Looks to me like someone liked Kojima's cyborg Ninjas a bit too much.
CYBORG_NINJA_GRAY_FOX_wip_2_by_YASUJPN.jpg

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I hope this bombs harder then the Total Recall Remake. Stop remaking 80's action classics and shitty "made for a broader audience" PG-13 bullshit.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Man fuck this shit why is one of his hands still organic, huge vulnerability there. I remember in the original they managed to save a arm but Bob said cut that shit off and go full prosthetic.

We could use a real man like Bob these days. Or better yet, Clarence Boddicker.

Anyway, yeah this shit looks pretty gay, reminds me of a Metal Gear Rising Revengeance anime or something.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Supposedly they did some pre screening of some scenes of this to at a comic-con, even they thought it was shit.

....The footage received a lukewarm reception from fans, with some praising the look and feel of the footage, while others claimed the footage of average standard.

Yet the panels that were held, such as the one with this catchup held the most information.

Firstly it seems likely that the movie will receive a PG-13 rating. While this may be a sour point for hardcore fans, a direct, gory remake of the original is not what Padhila and cast have set out to do. It seems, from the panel that the movie, while retaining its social commentary and satire elements via the character of Pat Novak, played by Samuel L. Jackson, also has a more deeper, more intelligent story at its core compared to the original.

Sounds like a waste of time to me.

Last edited: