Road to Euro 2012 (Poland/Ukraine)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The reason the Dutch lost was because Kjaer was actually very well composed today. The Dutch knew that Agger is a world class defender, and that Kjaer has been sloppy, so they focused every attack against Kjaer. Had they attacked both, they could have likely found Kjaer lost, but since Kjaer was constantly the target of attack, he was constantly on guard.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
That and the Dutch goal panic, they wasted a lot of good chances.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
Denmark defended like champs. Holland are a joke.

And lets be realistic about this

Van Persie plays for Arsenal
Heitinga plays for Everton
Sneider plays for Inter as a part timer
Huntelaar plays for...god knows who
De Jong played maybe 7 games for Man City
Robben has had his confidence shot to pieces ever since the CL final

sure they have talent..but its not that great to begin with and absolutely zero chemistry as a unit.

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
It's over, Denmark beats Netherlands 1:0.

Wow.

That was some game... as per usual... The Netherlands bottle another opening game... it's going to be tough for them now...

I can't wait for the Germany vs Portugal match.... I predict that if Germany loses... I get the bandaid... as Tak is one sore loser man...;)

xROTx

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Huntelaar plays for Schalke and was sensational this season.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Denmark defended like champs. Holland are a joke.

And lets be realistic about this

Van Persie plays for Arsenal
Heitinga plays for Everton
Sneider plays for Inter as a part timer
Huntelaar plays for...god knows who
De Jong played maybe 7 games for Man City
Robben has had his confidence shot to pieces ever since the CL final

sure they have talent..but its not that great to begin with and absolutely zero chemistry as a unit.

I think chemistry is definitely important. Germany is stacked with Bayern Munchen, and Italy 06 had Pirlo, Gattuso, Nesta, Ambrosini, Inzaghi, and someone else I can't remember.

The other thing that helps is immense talent, but that's just Brasil.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
agree about Italy in 06 (holy shit was it THAT long ago?). Don't forget the totally written off and worthless Cannavaro

Spain is Madrid and Barcelona that somehow manage to play without killing each other.

anyway...totally psyched about Germany v Portugal

taking bets on Pepe being red carded !

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I predict that if Germany loses... I get the bandaid... as Tak is one sore loser man...;)

No need for bandaid, normally I kill straight. :D

Ah well, we're the better team on the field IMO but good chances ain't enough, where's da goal?!

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
Not a super engrossing half at all

I've been impressed with Portugal mostly.

Coentrao has been solid, Meireles as well. Nani started slow but is getting into it. C Ronaldo has hardly had an impact but the Portuguese has had the best chance of the match so far

Ozil has been as solid as always. Khedera has been good also, but Padoloski has been terrible. Gomez has done nothing either. The Germans need Klose to come on and get some goals off his head

Hopefully the match heats up in the second half. I almost dozed off there for a while.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Well, can't say that I almost dozed off, guess things are different if your own team is on the field. :)

Okay, second half is about to begin, see you soon, guys.

SCHLAAAAAAND! :D

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
well it wasnt a 3-0 smashing but the Germans got the job done.

a good result for them. Gomez's header was class.

oh and Hummels played like a champion in defence

alphagamer

Aero Fighters Flyboy
The Portuguese could have easily won 1:3, they had so many opportunities!

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
They could have won but sure as hell not easily.

Two good offence players aren't enough.

bravojohny

Armored Scrum Object
Well, 1-0 to Germany. Congrats!

Not going into moral victories. Yep, Portugal could have scored one goal during first half (that shot from Pepe to post was incredible) and there have been two more easy chances for second half (that one from Silvestre Varela in front of Neuer, he lacked concentration, otherwise it would be great), but Germany scored and they keep it up till the end. At the end it's fair.

It was a good game but I was expecting more from Portugal. Ronaldo was alone sometimes, except when he did some good recovers, delivering panic into the area, and Moutinho is not a real number 10. Meireles faded in 2nd half.

Let's see the next match, but I'm afraid Portugal is under a bad situation. It's a straight hard road now. It's a live or die matter for the last 2 games.
For Germany, they are now closer to go ahead.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Let's see the next match, but I'm afraid Portugal is under a bad situation. It's a straight hard road now. It's a live or die matter for the last 2 games.
For Germany, they are now closer to go ahead.

I agree, Portugal is in a very bad situation. I've been watching the Euro for so many years so I'm use to being disappointed. The Germans could gift wrap a ball and it put it in front of their own net and Portugal wouldn't be able to finish. It's amazing how Portugal never beats Germany. Congrats to Germany, they played well and finished. Finishing is what counts.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Well... first of all I'm happy that my gut feeling didn't betray me, I knew we'd make it. We have to work on our offence but defence seems okay. Hummels did a very good job, as well as Gomez, Boateng and Müller (to some extend). Schweinsteiger and Podolski still have to find their groove it seems.

Yesterday's results have heated things up in group B, that's for sure. Still, anything is possible at this point, both Holland and Portugal are great teams so I guess it mostly depends on their mental stamina, so to speak.

Okay, here are the matches of today:

Spain - Italy (6 pm CET, Gdansk)

Ireland - Croatia (8:45 pm CET, Posen)

I predict Spain - Italy will be great. Also looking forward to Ireland - Croatia, the Croats play a really nice footie.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Oh well.... Germany won... As per usual... they ground out a result... pfftt... looks like i'll not get teh bandaid from teh Tak....:drool:

Then again... Portugal tried their usualtactic of drawing this game and then trying to get results from the other fixtures... it didn't work before... and tbh.. i feel it's a tactic that is stupid with al their attacking flare....

Oh well.... Looking forward to the Spain vs Italy game.... I've got enough booze to go around... any you lads wanna come for a drunken night of shouting at the TV?

xROTx

PS. My bet is Germany will win this tournament... i say this because Tak sent me a pm threatening teh final solution on my gook ass:(

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
:lolz:

"We have ways of making you love our style of football!"

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
:lolz:

"We have ways of making you love our style of football!"

LOVE THIS!

DSC_0618.jpg

xROTx

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
VICTOLY!!!11111111111111111111

IN THE POOL!!!

Rot has AES floaties,

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
Irish what happened

Bad luck to the Irish played well but its was a big ask for them to beat Croatia,but towards the end of the match the Irish did have scoring opportunity at least for another goal oh well.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Croatia outclassed Ireland, but at the same time, I respect Ireland for not getting violent. Yeah, rolling on the ground was lame, but they were trying to bide for time. That's fine. Their one goal was so awesome. Absolutely beautiful header.