Racing rig!

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I’ve never felt a gaming steering wheel have the subtle engine rumble that disminishes as you change gear, and then roar as you return the clutch. The controls (steering wheel, gears, pedals) have always felt cheap and toy like to me, and never allowed me to immerse myself better than a 360 control pad could do.

Maybe VR could at least make you feel like you are in motion, but then who cares what your rig looks like.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I definitely enjoy playing games like Gran Turismo, F1, Project Cars, etc. with a wheel, in the same way that I enjoy playing a light gun game with a light gun instead of a controller. But that doesn't mean that I'm going to go out and buy an M1 Garand and stuff the guts of an NES Zapper into it, buy camouflaged waders, and install a duck blind in my basement so that I can play Duck Hunt. It's the same thing. Poseur shit.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
You're a bit extreme...All i want is comfortable sturdy racing seat setup that i can fit my g27 wheel on. There are people who go way overboard but who cares, its their money...Let them spend what they want to spend it on.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
You're a bit extreme...All i want is comfortable sturdy racing seat setup that i can fit my g27 wheel on. There are people who go way overboard but who cares, its their money...Let them spend what they want to spend it on.

I'm just breaking balls. Although I do think that some of those setups are WAY over-the-top and in some cases quite stupid, I do understand that being able to put the chair, wheel, and pedals in their proper positions makes everything more comfortable.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
The biggest thing is stabilizing the pedals so they don’t slide when you push them. If you can do that call comfortably you can attach the wheel to the coffee table and call it good. That said, I had a friend who modified a chair for this by attaching a platform at the feet to put the pedals on to prevent them from sliding and it worked great. But you don’t need a $1000 chair for that.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I dunno if you would be interested in something that would require modding, but folks have done some great mods with premade racing cabs. It's pretty easy to find broken Sega racing cabs and cleanly mount modern 32" LCDs. You can replace the wheels and pedals with modern Xbone wheels and then have the ability to play versus xbox one racers or even a custom front end Mame setup with a ton of emulated racers.

Personally I think something like.that would fit better into your setup then one of these overpriced steering wheel holders.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
I dunno if you would be interested in something that would require modding, but folks have done some great mods with premade racing cabs. It's pretty easy to find broken Sega racing cabs and cleanly mount modern 32" LCDs. You can replace the wheels and pedals with modern Xbone wheels and then have the ability to play versus xbox one racers or even a custom front end Mame setup with a ton of emulated racers.

Personally I think something like.that would fit better into your setup then one of these overpriced steering wheel holders.

Ideally that would be the way i would usually go but im lazy to do any DIY. The most i would be willing to do is build a kit if there is one. I think spending $500-800 for nice sturdy racing setup is the way to go. I dont need another project, no mess in the garage. Just power on & play.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Casual gamers triggered
please, go ahead, post the "PC MASTER RACE" pic again like that lame fucker on Page 1 with the rearview mirrors. this time with a custom firefighter simulator from Chuck E Cheese

EDIT: and i see the other guy who talks shop about racing setups is in love with Little Caesars pizza. fuck!

Last edited:

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
please, go ahead, post the "PC MASTER RACE" pic again like that lame fucker on Page 1 with the rearview mirrors. this time with a custom firefighter simulator from Chuck E Cheese

EDIT: and i see the other guy who talks shop about racing setups is in love with Little Caesars pizza. fuck!

PC Master Race? You really need to take your abandonment/daddy issues to the war room or Post your pic thread.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
PC Master Race? You really need to take your abandonment/daddy issues to the war room or Post your pic thread.

look on the first page you fucking idiot. your racing rig faggot friend posted the image right after he posted a picture of his RACING RIG.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
look on the first page you fucking idiot. your racing rig faggot friend posted the image right after he posted a picture of his RACING RIG.

Who cares...You need to stop caring just like your John Travolta dad did for you. I didn't mention anything about PC, i dont even have a powerful PC. If that dude like PC gaming who gives a shit. Stop being a bad person, maybe daddy will forgive you.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Who cares...You need to stop caring just like your John Travolta dad did for you. I didn't mention anything about PC, i dont even have a powerful PC. If that dude like PC gaming who gives a shit. Stop being a bad person, maybe daddy will forgive you.

lets cut to the chase, can you be my daddy?

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I'd rather have sylvie's dad than hdrchumpion

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
lets cut to the chase, can you be my daddy?

i dont think i want the drama...Also have too many kids already. You're better off trying to reconnect with your real dad.

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member
I think spending $500-800 for nice sturdy racing setup is the way to go.

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby is doing and can I afford to take care of him while buying your stuff.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member

Nah I can see why Sylvie is going off and it's completely true that your mate is a fagit because posting some dumb ass pic like that constitutes a fagit move.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
That fagit is not my mate and I agree the side mirrors is dumb as fuck. I still wanted some info from him but you faggities scared him off. I'm sure anyone else who was going to comment is not going post now to avoid the ridicule.

I'll probably just pick up the Omega.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire

Hey! Leave Little Caesars alone. It’s hot ‘n’ ready. I figured you of all people could appreciate that.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Honestly until I get to test one that has a decent gear shift I'll just use a PS2 Steering Wheel I got for $15 that I can use on OG Xbox, XB360, PS3, PS4, XBone, and PC. I love me some comtroller converters.

Though I did see a setup or two on amazon that looked portable enough to store behind my arcade cabinet. I'll admit I was curious about them.