Questions for overweight people

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I've been slim my whole life, underweight in fact for large chunks of it, but things rarely stay the same for ever.

I've always eaten whatever I wanted (usually pies and pork rinds) and drank beer with every important occasion such as weddings, weekends and weekdays. I did this for 30 years with no girth problems to worry about.

This has all started to change.

In the last couple of years I've developed a definite gut. It's not huge, but it's moved me from a 30" waist to a 34", which in two years is quite a jump, and it's showing no signs of slowing down.

Here's what's changed:

I've gotten older (matabolism issue?)

I suddenly don't mind sweets here and there (have never been interested in candy in my life before now)

I drink cider rather than lager now

I very rarely get actually 'drunk' now as I have to be awake very early with my son, so my old weekend wind down has gone out the window and maybe I'm eating more to compensate?

So my questions are:

Do you think everyone has a latent fat person inside waiting to get out? Has anyone else found obesity has crept up on them without them hardly noticing or is it more a case of noticing and not minding?

Has anyone tried and succeeded to nip something like this in the bud at the point I'm at now, or has anyone tried and failed?

Any tips?

I really really don't want to have to be someone who jogs on a treadmill for an hour a day just to stay the same, I want to get back to not wanting to eat enough to make me fat in the first place.

Edit - P.s. I'm 34 if that makes any difference.

Last edited:

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Watch your calorie intake & you should be fine. No really need to exercise unless you eat more then you should have that day.

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
welcome to life , metabolism slowing down makes you change your eating habits if you want to wear the same pair of pants you used too. Have you had a physical lately? maybe have the check your testosterone. I went from a 32 to just about a size 38 in just under 2 years.

Oh and liposuction look into it.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I'm only 25 but I haven't had to worry about weight yet. I'm about 5'10", 155 lbs. Never been over 160, even when I was eating six meals a day and lifting weights every day. I eat large quantities of awful food and drink like a fish, so far so good.

StevenK

10 Year Member
welcome to life , metabolism slowing down makes you change your eating habits if you want to wear the same pair of pants you used too. Have you had a physical lately? maybe have the check your testosterone. I went from a 32 to just about a size 38 in just under 2 years.

Oh and liposuction look into it.

I don't think I've had a physical in my whole life.

Testosterone - will look into. I like the idea that it's not my fault.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Just get fat. You're married and have a kid. No one left to impress so who cares.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
You probably have a desk job and drink too much alcohol/liquid calories

Cider is worse than beer in the aspect

Liposuction won't help, your gut is from visceral fat, only reducing your overall body fat % will correct that

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Adding a 20-30 minute walk to you daily routine helps. Throw on some headphones and you're set.

It gives you time to ponder this and that plus it's good for you.

My puppy is 16 months so we try to walk him two or three times a day. I've lost an inch off my waist.

It's a drag sometimes but I'm happier and healthier.

theMot

10 Year Member
Adding a 20-30 minute walk to you daily routine helps. Throw on some headphones and you're set.

It gives you time to ponder this and that plus it's good for you.

My puppy is 16 months so we try to walk him two or three times a day. I've lost an inch off my waist.

It's a drag sometimes but I'm happier and healthier.

Before I had kids I used to walk my dog 2x times a day. Now im lucky if I can walk him once a week. Less time but also have to watch the little one and too hard to walk the dog with him.

Seriously just get fat. Nothing wrong with fat.

StevenK

10 Year Member
Before I had kids I used to walk my dog 2x times a day. Now im lucky if I can walk him once a week. Less time but also have to watch the little one and too hard to walk the dog with him.

I dunno man, I'm currently witnessing the first round of divorces amongst my friends. Most of them are now slimming down in anticipation of finding wife #2 and I'm left thinking if they had all looked after themselves (both parties) in the first place maybe wife #2 wouldn't need to be found.

theMot

10 Year Member
I dunno man, I'm currently witnessing the first round of divorces amongst my friends. Most of them are now slimming down in anticipation of finding wife #2 and I'm left thinking if they had all looked after themselves (both parties) in the first place maybe wife #2 wouldn't need to be found.

If someone divorces you because you staked on a few pounds then you are better off without them.

StevenK

10 Year Member
If someone divorces you because you staked on a few pounds then you are better off without them.

People don't divorce people because they get chubby - they cheat on them.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
This probably isn't the answer you were looking for:

eat healthy and exercise min 15 minutes everyday

Like work up a sweat, walking the dog don't count

The longer you hold off on sugars and booze the faster you'll see results

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
If you've been skinny all your life you probably have had a crazy metabolism, and it's slowing down to more normal levels now. You can't eat like a fat fuck anymore or you will turn into a fat fuck.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Cut down the sugar and carbs, eat more vegetables, meat and some fat.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
The fact that you even care what other people think shows that you have succumbed to the shame of life. Don't worry dude - I feel self-conscious about my fat gut too. I look at rare old photos of myself from HS and I was a bean pole compared to now. I've always had a high-metabolism until about age 35. I guess I'm kinda self-destructive, because I mainline Tampico/Soda and have quit walking/Wii Fit U. I think I'll start up on Wii Fit U again. I used to go walking with my Dad down the road/at the park but we've quit it.

This. Sage advice here. Don't succumb to the shame of life. I see all kinds of fat guys with good liking significant others. Just have confidence or be funny and the girls will come running to you.

Edit: I'm 5'9" and 185 lbs. I'd like to be 200. Maybe I should lift weights.

Last edited:

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
do you smoke?

if you don't you could try replacing a meal or two with a few cigs?
eventually you can get sick enough from smoking too much that you'll end up puking so you'll have that going for you as well, sort of like bulemia? Black coffee and cigs is a good meal if you want to go for the puking effect just have that for breakast and lunch and do some strenuous exercise everyday and you should eventually get sick enough to puke once and awhile.

0009518899922_300X300.jpg

Last edited:

MidnightAbyss

Mr. Big's Thug
Former fat fuck here. For the love of God don't pick up smoking to lose weight. I've seen people do this shit and it's by far one of the dumbest things you could probably do. Trading one health concern for another doesn't make any sense. Unless you don't give a damn about health I guess. Losing/gaining weight is all a simple matter of calories in versus calories out. There are calculators out there that will give you a ballpark of what your baseline is and then you just simply eat less than it. Exercise helps but is not needed. I went from 320lbs to about 280 not doing a damn thing and just eating less. I started lifting weights at about there and now weigh 230lbs. I'm 6'2" though so I'm still overweight but only by about 10lbs or so.

Last edited:

MidnightAbyss

Mr. Big's Thug
I'll tell you a secret.

steven doesn't want to be anything like me...I was just trying to encorage him that things could be worse.

Not much of a secret now is it? I knew you probably weren't completely serious.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I'm up about 10lbs this year. After almost 39 years of eating whatever, shit's finally catching up to me and I have to cut back or go back to the gym. Thing is, when I work out now I always get some annoying injury which makes me not ever want to bother. Pains, twinges, oh and fucking hemorrhoids out the ass. Five years ago I was in tip top shape man, now I have the beginnings of a beer belly and will no doubt end up like my dad at some point unless I do something. Come to think of it, the weight gain coincided with quitting smoking so maybe I should start again :lolz: So basically eat less, work out, smoke, drugs, or some combo of the above. Those are your choices, bud.

I started lifting weights at about there and now weigh 230lbs. I'm 6'2" though so I'm still overweight but only by about 10lbs or so.

No offense but you're technically at least 30lbs overweight.

Last edited:

MidnightAbyss

Mr. Big's Thug
No offense but you're technically at least 30lbs overweight.

None taken but that's not entirely true. Last hydrostatic bodyfat test I was at 18%. That put's me in the "healthy range" already. I need to lose another 10lbs of fat to hit 15% bodyfat which is my goal.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
None taken but that's not entirely true. Last hydrostatic bodyfat test I was at 18%. That put's me in the "healthy range" already. I need to lose another 10lbs of fat to hit 15% bodyfat which is my goal.

Ah OK, I'm just going off of the BMI index, which I happen to know since I'm the same height.