PSVR thoughts. Anyone have experience with VR?

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Until dawn full game is really awesome, the demo level is the most tame level in the game. For 20 bucks you can't go wrong, their are multiple pathways per level and leader boards for scoring.

Got Brookhaven but haven't played much yet, was fun what I played so far though.

Will prob pick up eve or battlezone eventually if they drop in price.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
Few people mentioned wearing glasses... PSVR is by far the best headset for glasses wearing folk. You can adjust it so it sits just outside your lenses and isn't jamming into your face (I have big hipster doofus frames that still fit) Zero pressure on your glasses at all if you choose.

It's a pretty large step down from vive, I can set each eye distance in vive seperately with much more room. I tested a pair of welding glasses just for shits and they fit fine.

Last edited:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
So I have to say, the games that make you stand away from the camera (for some stupid reason) are the ones that have jutter. Games like Batman VR and Job Simulator, while awesome, insist you stand in a certain spot. And the problem is that certain spot is getting far enough away from the camera that it tends to move/sway/jutter back and fourth just a little. I hope they fix this issue.

The most stable game I've played, and also probably my favorite, is Rush Of Blood. My god is that game sweet as hell. I love Battlezone, too. But that game is just TOO hard.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
So I have to say, the games that make you stand away from the camera (for some stupid reason) are the ones that have jutter. Games like Batman VR and Job Simulator, while awesome, insist you stand in a certain spot. And the problem is that certain spot is getting far enough away from the camera that it tends to move/sway/jutter back and fourth just a little. I hope they fix this issue.

The most stable game I've played, and also probably my favorite, is Rush Of Blood. My god is that game sweet as hell. I love Battlezone, too. But that game is just TOO hard.

I picked up Rush of Blood - am anxious to dig into it. Eve Valkyrie is owning my soul though, I love it.

I have been heavily tempted to get a force feedback steering wheel and drive club - anyone else take the plunge on that?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
VR is fey.

Nobody wants to sit on a couch wearing glasses poppin’ bubbles out of the air like some sort of f*cked up Ray Charles...

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
I would like to add Thumper as a really fun game to play. The genre "rythm voilence" sounded so appealing to me so I had to get it.

I also tried using the headset to watch 3D video content from my PC and it was very to set up. I think the PSVR needs SBS content created for its types of lenses to be perfect though, but that's just a factor of time I guess. Haven't tried it on PC games yet.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I picked up Rush of Blood - am anxious to dig into it. Eve Valkyrie is owning my soul though, I love it.

I have been heavily tempted to get a force feedback steering wheel and drive club - anyone else take the plunge on that?

Was hoping to enjoy Drive Club VR enough to get a wheel, but it just made me want to vomit every time I ran the demo. You might want to demo first. :)

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Was hoping to enjoy Drive Club VR enough to get a wheel, but it just made me want to vomit every time I ran the demo. You might want to demo first. :)

It helps to have a fan running with racing sims in VR.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Sadly, 100ft Robot Golf was touted as VR game but imo is largely unplayable in VR (it's a fantastic game otherwise!)

Agreed on 100ft Robot Golf being unplayable with VR. I was underwhelmed by the game otherwise. The destruction is completely a gimmick, but, to be fair, I'm not really sure what else I was expecting. It's also really hard to gauge power while putting.

The custom options for local multiplayer are broken, unless I am missing something. This really kills it for me. I can't play a stroke match with a friend that doesn't move to the next hole after the first person sinks their putt.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
You guys still playing your VR?

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent

Yeah I played the free COD Jackal release yesterday (like 10min long) and started Batman VR which is really cool. Picked up this god game that is like 2.99 and havent tried it yet. I want to try tethered as well but have too much to play right now between TitanFall 2 and Overwatch still sucking up my time.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Went to a Sony store. Waited 25 minutes in line. Asked for Battlezone, was told only a racing game and some deep sea diving looking around thing were available to demo. Tried the racing game. Whole time the screen wasn't clear for me, blurry like vaseline. Huge disappoint and still disturbed why it never looked clear.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Went to a Sony store. Waited 25 minutes in line. Asked for Battlezone, was told only a racing game and some deep sea diving looking around thing were available to demo. Tried the racing game. Whole time the screen wasn't clear for me, blurry like vaseline. Huge disappoint and still disturbed why it never looked clear.

It sounds like the screen didn't get adjusted right. You have to move the headset up or down until the text is sharp, then tighten the wheel at the back of the strap. You can then adjust the goggles part by pushing the button and sliding it in or out. Granted, this is far easier to do when you have access to the Playstation Menu as you can bring up an adjustment screen there and also reset your position.

All that said, some games are fuzzier than others. We'll see how that changes when the PlayStation 4 Pro comes out, as it's said to help some games.

Oh, one other thing that could cause a blurry screen is smudges and gunk on the lenses.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member

Haven't played it in about a week, I'm bored and waiting for new games. In the meantime I've been playing the heck out of my PS3. I snagged some good games during the "Sale of the Dead".

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent

It sounds like the screen didn't get adjusted right. You have to move the headset up or down until the text is sharp, then tighten the wheel at the back of the strap. You can then adjust the goggles part by pushing the button and sliding it in or out. Granted, this is far easier to do when you have access to the Playstation Menu as you can bring up an adjustment screen there and also reset your position.

All that said, some games are fuzzier than others. We'll see how that changes when the PlayStation 4 Pro comes out, as it's said to help some games.

Oh, one other thing that could cause a blurry screen is smudges and gunk on the lenses.

This and to be fair Driveclub is prob one of the games I have heard the most about being lower resolution, I dont even think it runs native res on the headset.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I tried PSVR last week at a shop and was FLOORED BY IT. My passion for games has been reignited. Now I just need to get a hold of a PS4 and a PSVR...

I tried EVE: Valkerie. Love the look and the tech. Seems pretty incredible. I have a good buddy who owns Rez and says that it's the best game.

I also tried the Drive Club VR demo and thought it was pretty nice. The ability to look around the interior or your car is nice and makes me pumped for Gran Turismo.

Kinda feel like this is the next step in games. Maybe I'm being too optimistic.. but this is getting me excited to get back into the video game hobby. It feels like *Finally* I can have some new experiences.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I tried PSVR last week at a shop and was FLOORED BY IT. My passion for games has been reignited. Now I just need to get a hold of a PS4 and a PSVR...

I tried EVE: Valkerie. Love the look and the tech. Seems pretty incredible. I have a good buddy who owns Rez and says that it's the best game.

I also tried the Drive Club VR demo and thought it was pretty nice. The ability to look around the interior or your car is nice and makes me pumped for Gran Turismo.

Kinda feel like this is the next step in games. Maybe I'm being too optimistic.. but this is getting me excited to get back into the video game hobby. It feels like *Finally* I can have some new experiences.

It's a ton of fun. Eve is awesome, but not worth the price tag, sadly. If only they took a little time to craft a single player campaign. [shakes fist]

Until Dawn RoB is awesome, Robinson's Journey is pretty cool so far. So far, my favorite game has been the RE7 demo. Just incredible.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Unfortunately these things are still pretty hard to find...I thought only Nintendo pulled that BS :/

Is the PS Move absolutely necessary? I kinda don't want to get that involved and would prefer to play with just a regular controller. I know that kinda defeats the purpose of VR, but still, I'm kinda over motion controls...

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Unfortunately these things are still pretty hard to find...I thought only Nintendo pulled that BS :/

For a while there, only the bundle was impossible to find past launch day. But ever since black friday, there have been no core headsets to be found.

Is the PS Move absolutely necessary? I kinda don't want to get that involved and would prefer to play with just a regular controller. I know that kinda defeats the purpose of VR, but still, I'm kinda over motion controls...

The awesome Batman VR game uses the PS Move controllers. And a few others. So yes, you'll at least need to buy a pair of used Move controllers (and maybe some fresh batteries).

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Bummer. I hate having so many accessories.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
Fucking vorpx update fixed a heap of problems so now fallout 3/4/nv, Skyrim, gtav and a bunch of other games work out of the box with 1/1 head tracking and some form of hand tracking included. There goes my life.

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Fucking vorpx update fixed a heap of problems so now fallout 3/4/nv, Skyrim, gtav and a bunch of other games work out of the box with 1/1 head tracking and some form of hand tracking included. There goes my life.

whaaa?!!! [runs to google]

none of this makes sense to me...tell me what this is, please