PSP 3.03 OE-B Custom firmware

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
subbie said:
ATM since this hack is based off Hotshots Golf. The saves all go to a single psx memorycard save. So yes actualy it will all save to the same memory card.

Atm, my psp has a ps1 save with like 4-8 game saves on it. :) So yes if I played MGS1, Pysco Mantis would know I like castlevania. :P

Yes, you are right, I was messing with a program that changed the names and IDs so games would all use different saves, but now I'm back to the original program, just changing the icons, and everything goes to the same save-file, much more convenient. It's only that it is labeled Hot Shots Golf 2 but I don't care.

As Big says, the real problem is swapping discs in games that don't prompt you to save before, like I think MGS.

SSS

neo retired
Amano Jacu said:
Yes, you are right, I was messing with a program that changed the names and IDs so games would all use different saves, but now I'm back to the original program, just changing the icons, and everything goes to the same save-file, much more convenient. It's only that it is labeled Hot Shots Golf 2 but I don't care.

As Big says, the real problem is swapping discs in games that don't prompt you to save before, like I think MGS.

I thought about changing icons, but each game I've played keeps it's individual save. I was also messing with FF8 by saving a game in disc 1, then loaded disc 2. Disc 2 did recognize the disc 1 save. So like you say, the problem will be with games that don't let you save beforehand.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I've read that if you save in MGS after killing Sniper Wolf, then you can load that save from the CD2, so it's OK to play it in this emu.

As I said, all of my games share the same save spot, it's just that the last game saved changes the icon to its own one, but it's OK.

SSS

neo retired
Amano Jacu said:
I've read that if you save in MGS after killing Sniper Wolf, then you can load that save from the CD2, so it's OK to play it in this emu.

As I said, all of my games share the same save spot, it's just that the last game saved changes the icon to its own one, but it's OK.

Oh ok, are there some games that don't allow to save before you have to change? I think all the FF titles let you save.

On another note, I copied the memcard save file over from the psp and loaded it into ePSXe. Says it's not formatted. Was also messing around with some PSX utilites that let you edit game save files. They all don't recognize the type the psp is using. Even after changin the extension. Maybe someone could make a converter....

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Not sure anyone cares, but Viewpoint works great. The audio is having an issue, but I'll try to make another ISO later today.

Sucks Real Bout DM doesnt work...

SSS

neo retired
NeoTurfMasta said:
Not sure anyone cares, but Viewpoint works great. The audio is having an issue, but I'll try to make another ISO later today.

Sucks Real Bout DM doesnt work...

Might as well just run the neo rom of Viewpoint through NJ's MVS emulator.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
SamuraiShodownSensei said:
Might as well just run the neo rom of Viewpoint through NJ's MVS emulator.

The PS VP is quite different. While I do prefer the original, I do like to pop in the PS one every now and then.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Oh ok, are there some games that don't allow to save before you have to change? I think all the FF titles let you save.

On another note, I copied the memcard save file over from the psp and loaded it into ePSXe. Says it's not formatted. Was also messing around with some PSX utilites that let you edit game save files. They all don't recognize the type the psp is using. Even after changin the extension. Maybe someone could make a converter....

Most games allow you to save before you change the CD, but some don't. MGS doesn't, and some people claim the method I exposed worked, but some others say they tried it on the PSP and it didn't work...

About the saves, it is said that they are encrypted and you won't be able to mess with them until somebody releases some utility.

Last edited:

barf

Maxima's Barber
RType Delta works like a charm :P

At first i had some fears (some graphical glitches in static screens), but then it worked like a charm.

Fantastic game !

Same for einhander... downright fantastic :)

SOTN working flawlessly too

I am really happy...

----

Edit : Sexy parodius works too !!! yeees :D

----

Edit2 : But tetris plus has severe glitches... not unplayable but not a perfect experience

Silhouette Mirage (US) does not work :( It plays the intro movie but freezes black after that... (it has redbook audio, i guess it is the reason why)

Last edited:

SSS

neo retired
Can't wait to try my copies of Eihnhander, Rival Schools, and Soul Blade next week when I can get ahold of them

subbie

Baseball Star Hitter
:multi_co: Learn something new last night. No need to use an eboot tool to change icons. Just put your icon and bg images in the same folder as popstation. The images must be PNG and follow the psp size constraints. Here are the required names

ICON0.PNG - Main icon / mini image (134x74 pixels)
PIC0.PNG - Main Background Image (240x136 pixels)
PIC1.PNG - Description image (usualy says the title and description) (?? not sure on size, check a psp iso rip).

This might have been obvious now but I just realised it last night.

Can't wait to try my copies of Eihnhander, Rival Schools, and Soul Blade next week when I can get ahold of them

let me know how Soul Blade goes. If it goes well I might have to get my hands on soul blade again ( i am a huge fan of the soul series).

barf

Maxima's Barber
subbie said:
:multi_co: Learn something new last night. No need to use an eboot tool to change icons. Just put your icon and bg images in the same folder as popstation. The images must be PNG and follow the psp size constraints. Here are the required names

ICON0.PNG - Main icon / mini image (134x74 pixels)
PIC0.PNG - Main Background Image (240x136 pixels)
PIC1.PNG - Description image (usualy says the title and description) (?? not sure on size, check a psp iso rip).

This might have been obvious now but I just realised it last night.

let me know how Soul Blade goes. If it goes well I might have to get my hands on soul blade again ( i am a huge fan of the soul series).

Ehehe subbie that was in the readme of popstation ;)

ICON0: main icon
PIC0: Description image (i use 320x180, but i leave it transparent so you might be right about the size)
PIC1: The background image, 480x272 the native resolution of the PSP

Last edited:

subbie

Baseball Star Hitter
barf said:
Ehehe subbie that was in the readme of popstation ;)

ICON0: main icon
PIC0: Description image (i use 320x180, but i leave it transparent so you might be right)
PIC1: The background image, 480x272 the native resolution of the PSP

odd because I read the readme and did not see that. I must have skipped over it.

I guess I was just too excited. :loco:

barf

Maxima's Barber
Ahaha, yes i hear ya :)

What i like the most is that NOW we really have a "playstation portable" :)

By the way, Crash Bandicoot 3 works almost flawlessly, it is a bit shifted backward, but nothing serious for the gameplay (well so far, maybe that will be for the levels played "backwards")

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Did Bust a Move (Groove) 2 today. While it technically works, the music seems slightly off sync. Sooooo, kinda ruins it. Need to try part 1 today.

Tempest X
Starblade Alpha
Real Bout Special DM Fan Disk works (3D Duck King dance on the go)

BIG

sony fanboy
Here's a minor update on the compatibility list.

R-types - working.
Parodius Deluxe Pack - working.
Castlevania Chronicles - working.
FF Anthology - working.
Alundra II - working.
Soul Blade - working.

:mr_t:

B-

rockhoward

Crossed Swords Squire
Not that anyone cares but I tried the following game and it worked without any problems.

- Zanac X Zanac.

Will try other games later.

SSS

neo retired
How do you load dumped ISO images? I dumped Gradius to the memory card using UMD dumper, and dragged the UMD.iso to the game folder. It's not recognizing it. any ideas?

BIG

sony fanboy
How do you load dumped ISO images? I dumped Gradius to the memory card using UMD dumper, and dragged the UMD.iso to the game folder. It's not recognizing it. any ideas?

I think the old ISO-loading method should work.

Create a folder named 'ISO' in the root of your memory stick,then dump the ISO image in there.

B-

SSS

neo retired
BIG said:
I think the old ISO-loading method should work.

Create a folder named 'ISO' in the root of your memory stick,then dump the ISO image in there.

B-

Alright, works now. Thanks

You notice screen tearing in the NJ neo emulators? Specially in a flickering background or image, like a line will scroll through making part of the the flashing image disappear.

Last edited:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Fuck this.. why the hell can't they crack 2.81 yet? GAHHH!!

BIG

sony fanboy
Alright, works now. Thanks

You notice screen tearing in the NJ neo emulators? Specially in a flickering background or image, like a line will scroll through making part of the the flashing image disappear.

Hmmmm,haven't noticed on mine...

VT- sit tight,it will happen soon :D

B-