PSP 3.03 OE-B Custom firmware

califoreigner

Dodgeball Yakuza
RamonG said:
Where the heck did you guys find the keys.bin?

w/ hot shots 2.

well, we can add gunner's heaven and
harmful park to the working list. now if
i could only find a image for donpachi..

i also discovered that souky is working.

Last edited:

BIG

sony fanboy
SamuraiShodownSensei said:
can anyone recommend a good program to use to create ISOs? nero is being a pain in the arse....

Try using UltraISO or ISObuster.

Works like a charm :D

B-

califoreigner

Dodgeball Yakuza
anyone know the deal w/ the custom eboots?
i know pic1.png is 480x272 and icon0 is 144x80,
but sometimes they still don't work. maybe they
can't be more than so many KB in size? this
trial and error shit is driving me nuts. thanks.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
califoreigner said:
anyone know the deal w/ the custom eboots?
i know pic1.png is 480x272 and icon0 is 144x80,
but sometimes they still don't work. maybe they
can't be more than so many KB in size? this
trial and error shit is driving me nuts. thanks.

I hear that... My eyes were bloodshot yesterday from staring at my monitor so long. It was ridiculous.

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
Yeah, if you use a file that is too large in size you get that it can't be used. Simply edit for that in mind (I've seen up to 220,000 as the max). I had a Castlevania background I was using that clocked in around 312,000 so I used Image Ready in Web mode to get the size of it down, I couldn't even tell the difference in quality. I think Photoshop's default PNG files are bigger than they really need to be for PSP stuff. I'd also suggest making a transparent PNG called PIC0.PNG at 310x180. This will make the Hot Shots 2 information put in front of the background disappear leaving it blank. I suppose you could write in your own if you like, or even just write it on the background, but I don't bother. I just use the pictures. The only thing I wish I could do now was to change the text displayed by the save file. It uses my icon, but due to the header information of the PHP file it still calls the save Hot Shots 2.

SSS

neo retired
BIG said:
Try using UltraISO or ISObuster.

Works like a charm :D

B-

gracias. UltraISO seems to work fine.

edit: Man have I been out of the loop. Cps2 games run at full speed?! Mars Matrix and Progear on a handheld... MVS too.

On topic what's the best emu for:

GBA

Genesis

SNES

TurboGrafx(PC engine)?

Last edited:

subbie

Baseball Star Hitter
:( Something is up with Neversoft / Z-Axis titles. Dave Mirra & Tony Hawk 1 come out messed up. It looks to be an unsuported surface type from them clipping the polygons to the viewport. All non clipped stuff shows but clipped items are lost. :(

can anyone recommend a good program to use to create ISOs? nero is being a pain in the arse....

clonecd or CDRWIN works like a charm.

BIG

sony fanboy
gracias. UltraISO seems to work fine.

edit: Man have I been out of the loop. Cps2 games run at full speed?! Mars Matrix and Progear on a handheld... MVS too.

On topic what's the best emu for:

GBA

Genesis

SNES

TurboGrafx(PC engine)?

GBA - gpSp (whatever the latest vers. is)
GEN - DGen
SNES - SNESTyL
PCE - [e] mulator and/or PCEP

Most,if not all,can be found at www.pspupdates.com

B-

califoreigner

Dodgeball Yakuza
damn it, still having troubles w/ the
custom eboots. for souky, my icon0
is 1.66KB and pic1 is 13.5KB and
nothing.. wtf :annoyed:

BIG

sony fanboy
califoreigner said:
damn it, still having troubles w/ the
custom eboots. for souky, my icon0
is 1.66KB and pic1 is 13.5KB and
nothing.. wtf :annoyed:

Have you tried using HSG2 icon0 as templates?

That's what I did. Just resize your image to fit and bam,it works.

BTW,post up all your working/non-working findings!

B-

califoreigner

Dodgeball Yakuza
how did you get the hsg 2 pics?
i tried messing w/ pbpunpacker
on the eboot, but to no avail..

so for all working-

soukyu-gurentai oubushustugeki
gunner's heaven
harmful park

non-working-

dodonpachi (got to the loading screen)

Last edited:

BIG

sony fanboy
califoreigner said:
how did you get the hsg 2 pics?
i tried messing w/ pbpunpacker
on the eboot, but to no avail..

so for all working-

soukyu-gurentai oubushustugeki
gunner's heaven
harmful park

non-working-

dodonpachi (got to the loading screen)

I unpacked the HSG2 eboot with pbpunpacker.

So souky,gh,and hp work perfectly with BGM and all?

Have you tried converting ddp as bin/cue as opposed to ISO? I did this with donpachi and it worked...no BGM though (no red book support,me thinks?).

B-

subbie

Baseball Star Hitter
:buttrock: One Piece Mansion [NTSC-U] works flawless. Man I miss this qwerky game.

califoreigner

Dodgeball Yakuza
yeah, all 3 working w/ sound and all.
maybe i forgot to change the name
back to eboot (from base) when i
used pbpunpacker.. i use bin/cue
for all, but i recall having the same
problem w/ ddp on my psx as well.
maybe the dump (i got it at SOR).

califoreigner

Dodgeball Yakuza
anyone else thought about how the
psycho mantis fight is gonna go down
w/ no second controller? HIDEO..

he'll be able to read our mind during
the second half. and he's also gonna
know we like to play castlevania. :tickled:

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
You can prevent psycho mantis from rading your mind by destroying some elements in the stage. I don't think he'll know you play castlevania unless you manage to make the games save in the same memory card. And the toughest part is going to be changing CD in MGS, as I think you can't save before exiting.

There are some utilities out there to manage this stuff but the savegames are driving me nuts. I'm trying to make all games share the same save file memory card, by giving them the same SLUS ID.

SSS

neo retired
BIG said:
GBA - gpSp (whatever the latest vers. is)
GEN - DGen
SNES - SNESTyL
PCE - [e] mulator and/or PCEP

Most,if not all,can be found at www.pspupdates.com

B-

Thanks again.

For me found working

Panzer Bandit
The Adventures of Little Ralph
Internal Section
SSWR 2

Do any of the homebrew emulators allow 2P over adHOC?

Last edited:

BIG

sony fanboy
Thanks again.

For me found working

Panzer Bandit
The Adventures of Little Ralph
Internal Section
SSWR 2

Do any of the homebrew emulators allow 2P over adHOC?

I think the only one that supports 2p adhoc atm is SNEStyl....maybe even DGen but don't quote me on it.

I could be wrong about the rest,though.

B-

SSS

neo retired
that cps2 emu is amazingly optimized. Still have to play with settings to run snes and genesis games decently (drop sound, frameskip). Seems it should be the other way around.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Ok, im back. Link me to what I need.

My psp is 1.5 and never been tainted so i need the right tools and the right information to update my system to the current FWhack or whatever.

again, my psp is 1.5 (not 2.71, 2.0, etc, etc). Only thing Ive got is devhook and thats on my stick. Things are great now but I want the PSX shizzle so its time to move on.

get me going.

SSS

neo retired
NeoCverA said:
Ok, im back. Link me to what I need.

My psp is 1.5 and never been tainted so i need the right tools and the right information to update my system to the current FWhack or whatever.

again, my psp is 1.5 (not 2.71, 2.0, etc, etc). Only thing Ive got is devhook and thats on my stick. Things are great now but I want the PSX shizzle so its time to move on.

get me going.

(Topic creator already posted this link)

Do this first: http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/about58517.html&p=1

then get this:

http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/978

(read the "read me" file, it's pretty self explanitory. this also comes with the tool to create the EBOOT PSX ISO's)

If you need CYGWIN dll for the popstation creator (like it says), get it here: http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?cygwin1

Like BIG posted, if you need a program to create ISO from your PSone cds. Go to www.download.com and run a search for UltraISO

To create the PSone EBOOTs, you need the original Hot Shots Golf 2 download that Sony has available through their online store.

Go to www.isohunt.com and run a torrent search for "hot shots golf" I'm sure you'll see the download for it, might want to do this soon while there's still some people seeding it.

Again follow the instructions that came with the OE-B update (popstation) for use with the Hot Shots 2 file for PSone conversion. And if you don't have at least a 1gig memory card, get one.

and.... if you want to get into the Cps1/2 and Neo Geo emulation. Look no further than this guys work:
http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/index.html

Last edited:

subbie

Baseball Star Hitter
Amano Jacu said:
You can prevent psycho mantis from rading your mind by destroying some elements in the stage. I don't think he'll know you play castlevania unless you manage to make the games save in the same memory card. And the toughest part is going to be changing CD in MGS, as I think you can't save before exiting.

There are some utilities out there to manage this stuff but the savegames are driving me nuts. I'm trying to make all games share the same save file memory card, by giving them the same SLUS ID.

ATM since this hack is based off Hotshots Golf. The saves all go to a single psx memorycard save. So yes actualy it will all save to the same memory card.

Atm, my psp has a ps1 save with like 4-8 game saves on it. :) So yes if I played MGS1, Pysco Mantis would know I like castlevania. :P

BIG

sony fanboy
subbie said:
ATM since this hack is based off Hotshots Golf. The saves all go to a single psx memorycard save. So yes actualy it will all save to the same memory card.

Atm, my psp has a ps1 save with like 4-8 game saves on it. :) So yes if I played MGS1, Pysco Mantis would know I like castlevania. :P

The real question remains.

Will you be able to load up disc 2 once the game prompts you to do so?

B-

RocketLawnChair

Dyslexic Mods FWT!, , got me 2 scalps, ,
15 Year Member
I must say, OE-B's definitely worth the upgrade for those who haven't already. So many classics to enjoy, but I'm still glued to Gran Turismo. (nostalgia maybe?) ;) In any case, I'll likely load the original Metal Gear Solid soon, so that should kick ass.