PS4 Pro?

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
So, I haven't got a PS4 yet, is it worth the extra money for the improved frame rates, etc.. in games. I don't have a 4k tv and have very little interest in getting one either.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
If you don't have a PS4 yet you might aswell invest in the Pro even without a 4K TV. Not all gamed available benefit from the upgrade though.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
If you don't own a PS4, get the Pro.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
So, I haven't got a PS4 yet, is it worth the extra money for the improved frame rates, etc.. in games. I don't have a 4k tv and have very little interest in getting one either.

Yes.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I just bought a ps4 slim. Passed on the pro. I don't have a 4k tv and don't plan on buying one any time soon. $400, ouch.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Aren't several games running WORSE on PS4 Pro?

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
I have a PS4 but I am definitely getting a Pro for Horizon Zero Dawn and For Honor in February.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I already have a PS4 so I think I'm good but if you don't have one might as well go for the latest thing. Plus the extra HDD space is nice. I've got to delete something everytime I want to play something new.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Yes, something about frame rate drops due to upscaling.
Between that and no 4K blu-ray capability, I'm planning to hold off for a year. I'm hoping that competition from the Scorpio forces Sony to create a better version of the Pro.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Between that and no 4K blu-ray capability, I'm planning to hold off for a year. I'm hoping that competition from the Scorpio forces Sony to create a better version of the Pro.

Yup, for me it makes no sense since I'm always kind of late to the tech party. My main Gaming TV is a 50 inch plasma that does 1080p. By the time I upgrade to a 4k tv the ps5 will be out and the ps4 pro will be like $150.

I will upgrade the ps4 slim hd though. 500gb isn't much. Installed Dirt Rally and Uncharted and the both took up damn near 100gbs.

Doesn't the Xbox One S do 4k Blu-Ray? I picked one of those up as well.

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I picked up a PS4 Pro on launch day.

Very underwhelming. Instead of focusing on better 1080p quality and constant 60fps, Sony is only concerned with being able to claim 4K. Played with it a couple days and then boxed it back up.

Contemplating selling it off. No sure if the Sony exclusive games justifies keeping it.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
They should have let it stew another year so they could put better hardware in it.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
So wait... Is Horizon Zero Dawn gonna require the ps4 pro? Because that'd be some bullshit.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
You know this generation is really shown to be the shittiest of all time with the PS4 Pro. The 360/PS3 generation had a firm grasp on 720p graphics. You would think the next generation would have a firm grasp of 1080p graphics. We have a new system in 2016 but and we still can't fully figure out 1080p much less 4k. Nevermind the fact that the games barely look better with the new generation graphics power compared to every last generation vs the next generation games released in the past.

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
Yup, for me it makes no sense since I'm always kind of late to the tech party. My main Gaming TV is a 50 inch plasma that does 1080p. By the time I upgrade to a 4k tv the ps5 will be out and the ps4 pro will be like $150.

Same here. My main TV is a 42" plasma that only goes up to 720p, but it's HD enough for me. I actually paid to have it repaired when it crapped out because I love the picture quality so much. I'm still not convinced I'd see the difference between 720p and 1080p, so I'm in no hurry to upgrade.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
I bought the Uncharted 4 Slim bundle at Best Buy w/ the Free Ratchet and Last of Us for $250. That should be good enough for me as I don't care about 4k at all.

If you do really want a Pro, Target has nearly all videogames and consoles for 15% off today and tomorrow and the Pro is included in that sale.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Final Fantasy XV was going to be my system seller but I can't stand the team members. Last Guardian is probably going to be shit too. Kingdom Hearts 3 probably won't be out until 2019. Dragon Quest XI probably won't get localized. At this rate, I'll get a PS4 when they're $100 used.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Build a gaming PC

Ditto. If you have a decent Gaming Rig, no need to buy any of these new gen consoles unless you want them for a few exclusive titles.

I purchased the PS4 for Battle Garegga and Wild Guns lol. Don't know if they will make there way to the PC. Have No Clue why the hell I purchased a XB1. The Xbox One S 1tb Battlefield edition was going for $249 so I was like fuck it. Since I don't have Gears on the PC yet, I'll probably pick it up on the One.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I just checked amazon guys. And they are dropping prices on the Xbox One and Ps4 bundles to $212.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
So wait... Is Horizon Zero Dawn gonna require the ps4 pro? Because that'd be some bullshit.

Nope. Just support it.

Build a gaming PC

Sadly, this is the correct answer. If they're going to start releasing console increments, there's essentially no difference between playing on PC and console. I have the consoles for the handful of exclusives but I'm an idiot with more money than sense. Just build a $1000 PC and get it the fuck over with. Hell, you can build a $500 PC at this point that will be more powerful than the current consoles.

Last edited:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I picked up a PS4 Pro on launch day.

Very underwhelming. Instead of focusing on better 1080p quality and constant 60fps, Sony is only concerned with being able to claim 4K. Played with it a couple days and then boxed it back up.

Contemplating selling it off. No sure if the Sony exclusive games justifies keeping it.

Give it some time bro. Have you tried VR?