PS VITA/ PS TV CRACKED FIRMWARE 3.60

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
If I've not updated since 3.55 or so, should I update to 3.60 and wait?

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
If I've not updated since 3.55 or so, should I update to 3.60 and wait?

You have to update to 3.60. The developer said it could probably be ported to previous versions but they choose to support the latest firmware.

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
I'll have to update my main OG Vita. I go online with it, sync trophies, etc. But I will leave my aqua blue alone.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
If you're on 3.51 or less, stay there. You have access to the Rejuvenate hack, and you can always manually update later.
If you're on 3.52 or more, get to 3.60. You'll lose PSP mode hacks, but there's a 90% chance we'll get them back in like 2-3 months.

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Finally the Vita can be made useful.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
I've held off from getting a vita, but this may well change all that.
This could be very interesting emulator wise.
If i could play a little DS, N64, DC on a vita, i'd get one.
Would i be right to assume that this hack will eventually allow some talented hacker/programmer to come up with a way to play vita game iso's as well ???

Last edited:

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Interesting but I'll still hold out since i only have a PSTV dont want to risk losing PSN access. Dont really need to run ISO or Eboots on my PSTV at the moment. I have enough legit games to last me a long time.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Interesting but I'll still hold out since i only have a PSTV dont want to risk losing PSN access. Dont really need to run ISO or Eboots on my PSTV at the moment. I have enough legit games to last me a long time.
yep, but vita tvs are cheap right now right? you could pick one up maybe. a cheap rombox sounds sweet

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Two PS TVs is the way to go.
I keep one on official Firmware for PSN access.

I do the same thing with my 2 PS3 so I can play MvC2/MvC3 online occasionally without risking a ban.

Man, I wish I could edit the title to say 3.60.

Last edited:

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Two PS TVs is the way to go.
I keep one on official Firmware for PSN access.

I do the same thing with my 2 PS3 so I can play MvC2/MvC3 online occasionally without risking a ban.

Man, I wish I could edit the title to say 3.60.

Why cant you?

cat

This hack should allow the PSTV to play all vita games, and eventually i would assume someone will come up with a way to run vita roms from a usb drive as well, which would be very sweet.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Why cant you?

Because I'm dumb and I forgot advanced edit mode exists.
I'm not very good at VBulletin.

This hack should allow the PSTV to play all vita games, and eventually i would assume someone will come up with a way to run vita roms from a usb drive as well, which would be very sweet.

USB? Probably not.
I don't think the PSTV's usb port has access as a storage medium.

If anything, It'll be done over the gigabit Ethernet port, or via Wifi.
The internal card has a minimum transfer of 4MB/s, so assuming the wifi can match that, you could "netboot" games and use a cheap, small vita card just for saves and updates.

For sure, there will be an FTP program, so you'll be able to transfer files eventually without dealing with the clumsy CMA.

Can you run vita isos?

Not yet. And they won't be ISOs, they'll likely be either ROM images, or just folders full of files packaged to run like a bubble on the home screen. There is no real SDK for native vita applications, so hackers are kind of learning as they go.

Getting a loader will be like 6 months, depending on how deep the access to the system goes with this hack. The point is to keep yourself on the right firmware for that to come.

In the meantime, there are Vita-native emulators for dozens of consoles (retroarch) and arcade stuff, so you can have a $30 rombox via a PSTV or a portable emulation system with dual sticks and a sick OLED display.

The vita is also WAY faster than the PSP was, so SNES games, for example, will run almost full speed once a decent programmer ports SNES9X or optimizes Retroarch for it. Same for GBA.

Super Mario RPG is unplayable on PSP, same for Golden Sun 1 and 2. With native Vita mode, they'll run just fine.

We may even get N64/Saturn emulation.

Last edited:

cat

I think the N64 would be a doddle for a hacked vita, dreamcast as well, not so sure about the saturn though.
But never say never, i've been round long enough to never assume anything when it comes to hackers and homebrew.
There's some real talented coder's out there.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Portable Saturn should be interesting. I was thinking of getting an NVidia shield but this will do.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Vita is basically a 500 Mhz quad core Cortex A9 processor and PowerVR SGX543MP4+ Quad-core GPU running at 200-400Mhz.

Both could potentially be overclocked significantly (A9 could be overclocked to 1200 mhz, but would run hot, so not recommended for Vita, but a modified PSTV with active cooling could do it).

Vita also has a unique RAM architecture that allows rather insane memory bandwidth for a mobile platform (about 15 gb/s)

Saturn emulator Yabuse has been ported to android devices using similar hardware in dual core configurations. It could probably be ported to vita with some effort, but I'm not sure how accurate or fast it would be. The Vita won't be trying to render in 1080p like the phone port either (960 x 544).

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
This is great news but somebody needs to do something about the proprietary memory card bullshit...

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
This is great news but somebody needs to do something about the proprietary memory card bullshit...

I'd buy a big one now. If they get really blown open the 64GB ones are probably gonna end up being money.

-SD-

Camel Slug
Considering that Vita TVs are dirt cheap it'd be silly not to get one of those at least. Still contemplating whether to go for an actual Vita.... I'm a sucker for shiny new toys.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
64GB is too much.
32GB is fine.

Once they have an FTP app, you'll be able to easily transfer files back and forth.