Proof that Metroid: Zero Mission is a prequel and not a remake. *56K Warning*

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Dai Grepher said:
The presentation is too large to view in this forum. So here is a link to a forum that can display it in its entirety.

http://forums.g4tv.com/messageview.cfm?catid=8&threadid=515808

However, after you are done reading it, please discuss it here if you would like. Thank you.

COWBELL1.jpg

"The full story" means nothing more than Zero Mission is a complete story. You also forget that it states that it is the full story of Samus' first mission. Metroid is not her first mission. It is a fact that it is a prequel and most of you are ignoring that fact.

H

hermegildo

Dai Grepher said:
"The full story" means nothing more than Zero Mission is a complete story. You also forget that it states that it is the full story of Samus' first mission. Metroid is not her first mission. It is a fact that it is a prequel and most of you are ignoring that fact.
Shut the fuck up you retard.

Are you basing this argument of yours on what is printed in the back of the box? Give me a break. That probably wasn't even written by the creators of the game, it was most likely some advertising dude that doesn't know shit about the story in the game. Here's what they most likely told him: "This is a remake of the first Metroid game, make a some pretty box art and write about it." You're pulling all this stupid nonsense out of your ass and have absolutely no concrete evidence to prove it.

The back cover of the KOF ports for PS2 don't have the right number of characters in it, nor the correct gameplay modes from what I remember. Does that mean it's a different game? I love how you actually think you can make up some stupid bullshit and think you are right despite the fact that your opinion opposes the very same company that made the game.

You're a goddammed retard.

subbie

Baseball Star Hitter
Dai Grepher said:

Somthing tells me english is not your first language or you lack reading comprehension & debating skills. You completly ignore any comments made by restating your same opinion with no facts to disprove what is being said.

You really need a ****ing life man.

Also hermegildo makes a good point. I work in the games industry for a 3rd party studio. 90% of the time the studio/group developing a game does not design & state what goes on the back of a box. Marketing does.

Also if it was a prequal, they would not need to state "the full story", "The full story" states that the first time they did not tell the whole story.

$5 says your under the age of 20. Really get a fucking life. If you're older, God really fucking get a life.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Dai Grepher said:
Metroid is not her first mission.

Jesus titty fucking Christ, you're just full of useful information.

If you really want to delve into it, did you really think Zero Mission would have been Samus' first mission as a bounty hunter? Why the hell would you, then? Before she hit the metroid scene, she obviously must have done numerous minor jobs as a hunter compared to her metroid mission.

Nintendo isn't referring to her 'numerous missions' as Zero Mission, they're talking about the shit she did before she gained her rep as a bounty hunter that would give her the metroid job.

I think I'll stop right there. If Nintendo calls ZM a remake and you still don't believe it, drink some oil and swallow a match. It'll do everyone a favor.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
subbie said:
Somthing tells me english is not your first language
That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. He can read the words, but he interprets them incorrectly, as someone who learned English as a second language might. That's probably why his theory makes sense to him, when it's obvious to everyone else (who can read) that he is misunderstanding.

Shawn Carr2o said:
Remake remake remake. :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:
second best post of the thread.

Stitch Faced Angel

Quiz Detective
A Complete Retelling of the Story. In fact, the First sentence on the Back of the Box Says this, and I Quote: "The First Metroid game just Scratched the Surface of the Cataclysmic events on Planet Zebes, and at long last the rest of the tale has come to light." let us look at that Sentence Shall we? :eye:

Looking at, "at long last the rest of the tale". Ok, rest of the tale. the REST of the Tale. Not the "Proir Events," not "before Mother Brain controled Zebes", and Sure has hell not "her first Rookie mission." The game was made to fill in more of Samus's origin, because it has been unfinshed for years, and Back when the first one was made, they Did not use Ass Loads of Story telling. There was not enough Room on the Carts of the NES at that time to write a fucking novel. They added more to get that good ol' "Super Metroid Feel". They EXPANDED on an Old favorite. Not Told a Prequel, Finished the Same Story that Was told 20 some odd years ago.

And They State in the Instruction manual that Samus had finished NUMEROUS Missions. That means that She could Take a fly off your nose from 500 yards, and not hurt one single Skin Cell if she wanted too, because she is THAT good. So I highly doubt that this is a Prequel just Based off that fact alone.

Metroid is abridged. Zero mission is Unabridged. And when you make a novel unabridged, it is considered a rewrite at times. Or, to use another Word:

Come on. You can Say it. I know you Can. Even Mr. Rogers believes in you:

:eek: A REMAKE!

:kekeke:

You sir, fail at life. :angry:

(And Since in Older Games they inadvertently connected Samus to the Chozo, they used the First Prime game on GC, and Zero Mission to Cement that fact. Sorry, had to add that for my own Sanity.)

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
Stitch Faced Angel knows what he is talking about. ;) :cool:

Who ever made this thread to begin with must be pretty young and probably wasn't even born yet or if he was just an infant when the first Metroid came out on the NES in the US back in 1985 or 1986 if I remember correctly. :) :cool:

Not trying to offend the thread started, I am just being civil about it. :) :cool:

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
Stitch Faced Angel said:
oops, Sorry, Almost 17 years since the 1st Games Release. been up too long...

Shawn Carr2o: thank you.

No problem. I was up all night and I haven't gotten any sleep yet. :kekeke: :kekeke:

hermegildo said:
Are you basing this argument of yours on what is printed in the back of the box?

Dai Grepher: Try reading the presentation and finding out for yourself.

subbie said:
Somthing tells me english is not your first language or you lack reading comprehension & debating skills. You completly ignore any comments made by restating your same opinion with no facts to disprove what is being said.

Dai Grepher: I would not take that as an insult even if it were coming from someone who knows how to use punctuation or knew how to spell. I countered what you said with facts. So if you have no facts to counter mine, then simply admit that I am right and move on with your life.

subbie said:
You really need a ****ing life man.

Dai Grepher: My life is so great that I can actually use a few hours of it to do what I enjoy. I made this presentation for fun, so I think you should have fun discussing it. If proving you wrong is your problem, then you should agree with me so that from that point on you will be right.

subbie said:
Also hermegildo makes a good point. I work in the games industry for a 3rd party studio. 90% of the time the studio/group developing a game does not design & state what goes on the back of a box. Marketing does.

Dai Grepher: Hermegildo makes no point at all. He thinks I am basing the entire argument on the box, and I am not. The fact that this is Samus' first mission is stated in the commercial and on Zero Mission's official website. The rest of the argument is based on the game facts, and the director's own words saying that it is not a remake of storyline.

subbie said:
Also if it was a prequal, they would not need to state "the full story", "The full story" states that the first time they did not tell the whole story.

Dai Grepher: No it doesn't. That states that the story being told is being told completely, lacking nothing. You are just making up excuses.

LoneSage said:
If you really want to delve into it, did you really think Zero Mission would have been Samus' first mission as a bounty hunter?

Dai Grepher: Yes. That is what the official sources state.

LoneSage said:
Why the hell would you, then? Before she hit the metroid scene, she obviously must have done numerous minor jobs as a hunter compared to her metroid mission.

Dai Grepher: Wrong. The commercial states that Zero Mission is her first mission as an intergalactic bounty hunter. Metroid is not.

LoneSage said:
Nintendo isn't referring to her 'numerous missions' as Zero Mission, they're talking about the shit she did before she gained her rep as a bounty hunter that would give her the metroid job.

Dai Grepher: If you would read the manual, it states that her prior missions were bounty-hunting mission.

LoneSage said:
I think I'll stop right there. If Nintendo calls ZM a remake and you still don't believe it, drink some oil and swallow a match. It'll do everyone a favor.

Dai Grepher: Nintendo has not called it a remake.

Stitch Faced Angel said:
A Complete Retelling of the Story. In fact, the First sentence on the Back of the Box Says this, and I Quote: "The First Metroid game just Scratched the Surface of the Cataclysmic events on Planet Zebes, and at long last the rest of the tale has come to light." let us look at that Sentence Shall we?

Dai Grepher: I am going to explain it to you since your idea of what it means is completely baseless. It says, Metroid barely revealed anything about "the cataclysmic events on Zebes". What are cataclysmic events? Events that caused a great disaster that changed the social structure of a society or caused great devastation. Those events are the events that lead to the extinction of the Chozo on Zebes. Zero Mission tells the rest of that tale by filling us in on what happened. Nowhere in that statement does it say that we are being told the rest of the Metroid story. You have no evidence and no sense.

Stitch Faced Angel said:
Looking at, "at long last the rest of the tale". Ok, rest of the tale. the REST of the Tale. Not the "Proir Events," not "before Mother Brain controled Zebes", and Sure has hell not "her first Rookie mission." The game was made to fill in more of Samus's origin,

Dai Grepher: "Samus' origin" is a prior event, which you obviously did not notice.

Stitch Faced Angel said:
because it has been unfinshed for years, and Back when the first one was made, they Did not use Ass Loads of Story telling. There was not enough Room on the Carts of the NES at that time to write a fucking novel. They added more to get that good ol' "Super Metroid Feel". They EXPANDED on an Old favorite. Not Told a Prequel, Finished the Same Story that Was told 20 some odd years ago.

Dai Grepher: Like I said, the box does not say that they finished Metroid's story, just that they finished a story about events that Metroid only barely told of. So post some facts or stop your babbling.

Stitch Faced Angel said:
And They State in the Instruction manual that Samus had finished NUMEROUS Missions. That means that She could Take a fly off your nose from 500 yards, and not hurt one single Skin Cell if she wanted too, because she is THAT good. So I highly doubt that this is a Prequel just Based off that fact alone.

Dai Grepher: That is my point. The manual tells Metroid's story, and it states that Samus completed numerous missions before Metroid. Zero Mission is the first of those missions. That is undeniable proof that Zero Mission is a prequel.

Stitch Faced Angel said:
Metroid is abridged. Zero mission is Unabridged. And when you make a novel unabridged, it is considered a rewrite at times. Or, to use another Word: REMAKE!

Dai Grepher: Then prove it. Nintendo stated that it was not a remake. The director of the game said it was not a remake. The information in the games prove that it is a prequel. So prove it is a remake or make yourself scarce, because I am tired or reading senseless chatter.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Dai Grepher said:
I am tired or reading senseless chatter.
That's how we all feel about you. Why did you come here in the first place? You obviously aren't a native speaker, and have trouble with reading comprehension, so your trying to prove points by quoting things that back up the argument AGAINST you, just makes you look like a clown.

To explain: Yes, I think you know the meaning of each individual word. But when words are put together in certain combinations, they sometimes mean different things. This is where you seem to have trouble.

And about that stupid "Dai Grepher:" thing. What is the deal with that? Why do you have to keep putting your name in there? Are you a pro wrestler trying to refer to yourself in 3rd person? The first step towards people taking you seriously, is not making yourself look like an idiot. Come back when you have a better handle on that first step.

Step 2 would be to learn to read. But that may take a bit longer. Good luck, and keep practicing.

H

hermegildo

This douchebag's comment on the director saying that Zero Mission is a prequel intrigued me. I actually took the time to skim through most of that link he posted, and my god this guy has a knack for twisting things around.

I'm sure few of us actually bothered to read his link, but go back and skip to the interview part and see how this idiot's mind works.

:oh_no:

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
Shawn Carr2o: Remake remake remake remake remake remake remake, I am tired. :tickled: :D

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Aaron D: I like Metroid! +1

SouthtownKid said:
That's how we all feel about you. Why did you come here in the first place? You obviously aren't a native speaker, and have trouble with reading comprehension, so your trying to prove points by quoting things that back up the argument AGAINST you, just makes you look like a clown.

To explain: Yes, I think you know the meaning of each individual word. But when words are put together in certain combinations, they sometimes mean different things. This is where you seem to have trouble.

And about that stupid "Dai Grepher:" thing. What is the deal with that? Why do you have to keep putting your name in there? Are you a pro wrestler trying to refer to yourself in 3rd person? The first step towards people taking you seriously, is not making yourself look like an idiot. Come back when you have a better handle on that first step.

Step 2 would be to learn to read. But that may take a bit longer. Good luck, and keep practicing.

Dai Grepher: This is a perfect example of someone who has been defeated. You resort to childish insults because you know I am right and you are wrong. Perhaps my presentation was far too complex for you to understand or comprehend. Nintendo will inevitably make a Metroid game that refers to Zero Mission as a separate mission from Metroid. When they do I am sure you will still ignore the facts. One thing I did learn from you people is that some will never admit that they are wrong, because most are too hardheaded to understand that not everyone is out to prove that they are wrong, but merely inform them of the truth.

Hermegildo, I never said the director stated that Zero Mission was a prequel; just that he said it was not a remake. The fact that you did not catch that is proof that you do not read what people write.

You people have no facts to prove that the game is a remake. All you know how to do is type insults and ignore facts. So unless I see some improvement in behavior and intelligence here, then I will be forced to neglect this forum and look for more promising ventures.

H

hermegildo

It doesn't matter if he said 'prequel' or 'not a remake,' both would support your theory and both are wrong.

"at the same time, retell the story of Samus' original mission."

"...while fleshing out the story with cinematic scenes..."

"Any time you do a remake..."

"...make the game feel like something that's new..."

This was all taken from the interview and the last part should give it all away: "feel like something new," as in it's not, because it's remake of an old game. How you completely ignored these statement is beyond me, and the sloppy explanations given in your "presentation" are weak and twisted to support your theory.

I think it's amusing how you described yourself prefectly in your previous post. Why don't you stop for a second and think: what if I'm wrong? What if all the people that are speaking up against me are right? The fact that you think that you alone hold the truth in this when going up against dozens of people with different opinions and beliefs on many different subjects shows what a conceited fool you are.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Dai Grepher said:
Dai Grepher: This is a perfect example of someone who has been defeated.
Southtownkid: I am defeated by your closed-minded refusal to face facts. YOU CANNOT READ. Or more accurately, YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ. Unfortunately, illiteracy is one of the things in this world that in the end, is undefeatable -- like world hunger. You are living proof that we will never be able to stamp it out completely.

It cracks me up that you think I'm trying to insult you. I was trying to help you. To point out how you misunderstood some of the stuff that you yourself posted. But forget it now. If you want to stay ignorant, it's your business.

I'm not saying that to blame you; I realize it's not your fault. By the way, what country are you from?

subbie

Baseball Star Hitter
Dai Grepher said:
So unless I see some improvement in behavior and intelligence here, then I will be forced to neglect this forum and look for more promising ventures.

Really? Fuck that will be great because I can go back to my normal life doing something cool vs arguing with a dense brick.

I mean for the love of god, You're fucking dense. Also don't be jellous that I work full time as a comercial games developer and know more people who actualy work at nintendo then you do.

--edit: side note-

Notice nobody has been on your side? Shows how pathedic your argument is.

Hermegildo misquotes Sakamoto...

...SouthtownKid still cannot find and facts and still resorts to pathetic insults...

...and Subbie compensates for his inability to spell with delusions of being a game developer.

Still no intelligent posts besides my own yet? Disappointing. I will tell you this though. No one on this forum supports my side because those that posted against me so far have proven themselves to be ignorant. The other forums I have posted in do have supporters. I have even seen posts from people who did not know there was such a thing as a remake theory for Zero Mission. They did not think that the fact of the game being prequel even needed to be proven. Very interesting stuff.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Dai Grepher said:

...SouthtownKid still cannot find and facts and still resorts to pathetic insults...

...and Subbie compensates for his inability to spell with delusions of being a game developer.

Still no intelligent posts besides my own yet? Disappointing. I will tell you this though. No one on this forum supports my side because those that posted against me so far have proven themselves to be ignorant. The other forums I have posted in do have supporters. I have even seen posts from people who did not know there was such a thing as a remake theory for Zero Mission. They did not think that the fact of the game being prequel even needed to be proven. Very interesting stuff.
Wow, that's great. I think you should go to those forums. Good news.

subbie

Baseball Star Hitter
Dai Grepher said:

http://nemo.dcemu.co.uk/

I have no problem admiting I can't spell. Yet atleast I have reading comprehension skills that you still lack..

Oh strike nth time. I am a coder.