Proof that Metroid: Zero Mission is a prequel and not a remake. *56K Warning*

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
"I'm not ambitious enough to prove anything people actually might care about to be true, so I'll prove that Metroid Zero Mission was a prequel! Yeah!"

The game was very enjoyable. The fact that it might be a prequel never crossed my mind.

subbie

Baseball Star Hitter
you should have put a giant warning saying "nerd alert!!"

It's nothing more then a guy trying to find facts to prove yet some of his are a little lame.

It's like compairing MGS (PSX) to MGS:TS (GCN) and saying since the story sequences are not the same, it proves MGS:TS is a prequal. :spock: :loco:

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
If it is not a remake then it must be a prequel

You're kidding, right?
How about...Nintendo decided to make an expanded and fleshed-out version of an older game, but had to obviously change layout and appearances of some areas so that it wouldn't be a complete bore to play through it all again?

Anyway, I can't believe you took the time to point/counterpoint all of that.

This is not about MGS (PSX) or MGS:TS (GCN). This is about Metroid and Zero Mission. Unless you can point out faults in the presentation then I have no reason to believe that any part of it is lame.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Now I can sleep at night. For that I thank thee.

Moose

Moose,
20 Year Member
You have no idea what the converations in the Sonic community are about, debating the similarities/differences between the SatAM, Comic, and Game Verses. Not to mention the Fleetway, Sonic the Comic, and Underground Storylines. I, as a nerd, love this kind of stuff.
:)

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
Metroid Zero Mission is a remake of the original Metroid NES game because their are area's that are the same and they just look redesigned and some new area's, items, bosses etc. Also the original Metroid is unlocked after you finish Metroid Zero Misson. So it can't be a prequel. :smirk: :cool:

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
These in order, :spock:

Metroid
Metroid: Zero Mission
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Metroid II: the Return Of Samus
Super Metroid
Metroid Fusion

This is just to damn confusing. :rolleyes:

subbie

Baseball Star Hitter
Dai Grepher said:
This is not about MGS (PSX) or MGS:TS (GCN). This is about Metroid and Zero Mission. Unless you can point out faults in the presentation then I have no reason to believe that any part of it is lame.

Because neither were directed or developed by the same team. Zero mission was a remake handled by a different group (don't forget, the original metroid was directed by the late gunpie).

It is very much MGS vs MGSTS because TS is a remake of MGS. Yet they made many noticable changes alll over the place because they wanted to have a different look to it. If you've played both you would know this quite well (in my personal opinion TS new cut scenes are just overly stupid).

Also it's lame because the guy wasted that much time to try make an argument that the game is not a remake. Thats like nintendo fans talking about "Megaton" Bs. I mean god I am starting to find it lame that I am wasting my time to argue about this.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
When I go fucking crazy and slaughter my neighborhood due to the unresolved conflict being debated here I'm going to blame each and every one of you during my trial.

Shawn Carr2o: Metroid Zero Mission is a remake of the original Metroid NES game because their are area's that are the same and they just look redesigned and some new area's, items, bosses etc. Also the original Metroid is unlocked after you finish Metroid Zero Misson. So it can't be a prequel.

Dai Grepher: What are you talking about?

"The full story of Samus Aran's first mission finally unfolds..." -Zero Mission

"Samus had completed numerous missions that others thought completely impossible." -Metroid

subbie: Because neither were directed or developed by the same team. Zero mission was a remake handled by a different group (don't forget, the original metroid was directed by the late gunpie).

It is very much MGS vs MGSTS because TS is a remake of MGS. Yet they made many noticable changes alll over the place because they wanted to have a different look to it. If you've played both you would know this quite well (in my personal opinion TS new cut scenes are just overly stupid).

Also it's lame because the guy wasted that much time to try make an argument that the game is not a remake. Thats like nintendo fans talking about "Megaton" Bs. I mean god I am starting to find it lame that I am wasting my time to argue about this.

Dai Grepher: Yoshio Sakamoto was involved with both Metroid and Zero Mission. He knows the story and he favors consistency.

It is not like any other game. Stand-alone remakes can have changes, but remakes cannot change games to contradict other games that use it as a basis for storyline. If Metroid is changed into what Zero Mission is, then Super Metroid makes no sense, and Metroid Prime cannot even take place.

That guy is me, and I wasted no time on this. Five mere hours of on and off work over the period of two weeks is nothing. I also did this to inform others and clear up all confusion with the game. I mean, does anyone here have any reason to think that this is a remake, other than the fact that they heard it was a remake from someone or somewhere else?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Dai Grepher said:
Dai Grepher: What are you talking about?

"The full story..." The FULL story, you chowder head. That implies part of the story had already been told. As in, in the original Metroid. This is an expanded telling of that story.

AS IF ANYONE POSSIBLY CARED. As soon as you said, "Like any scientific theory..." I knew it was going to be funny. But that was two pages of you getting completely destroyed. I'm flabbergasted you'd want to share your shame with an entire other forum. The way you "prove" things reminds me of a member we have here, named Abster. But you're funnier.

And quit putting your name before you type stuff. It makes you look more stupid.

Southtownkid: See? See how stupid this looks?

H

hermegildo

I have absolutely no words to describe how lame this thread is.

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
this is why i dont play Metroid....not because of the fans, but because i didnt give a rat's ass in first place.

+1 for meh! :chimp:

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
I played, :D :cool:

Metroid
Metroid Zero Mission
Metroid II: Return of Samus
Super Metroid
Metroid Prime
Metroid Fusion

I haven't had the chance to beat Metroid Prime and I haven't had the chance to play Metroid Prime 2: Echoes yet. :spock:

I own and beaten these Metroid games, :cool: :cool:

Metroid Zero Mission (GBA)
Metroid II: Return of Samus (GBA)
Super Metroid (SNES)
Metroid Fusion (GBA)

All I need to is buy,

Metroid Prime (GC)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (GC)
Metroid Prime Pinball (DS)
Metroid Prime: Hunters (DS)

It's a remake period. :buttrock: :buttrock:

The Boog has spoken. :D :cool:

subbie

Baseball Star Hitter

You know that directly can be reinterpreted as the full story of what happen durring the first game.

So again, This is lame, go find some new hobby that does not involve video games for a change. Nobody was having restless nights just because of conflicting information if the game was actualy a remake or a prequal.