Project X Zone Headed West

lions3

Igniz's Servent
downloading the demo now. I keep going back and forth on if i'm going to pre-order. Hopefully the demo helps.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Considering the low sales, I'm surprised by the localization. I'll be buying it though.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Demo was fun and I'm looking forward to receiving it. I think it will be a lot more fun when getting to start from the beginning so I better understand how the combos, team attacks, etc. all work. The game felt very busy while in the battle since I wasn't really sure what was going on and nearly just mashing buttons to get the attacks to link with eachother and score a super, which I really liked the cutscenes for.

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Maybe it was just me or the part the demo was on, but the game felt waaaaay too easy. I could get rid of most enemies in one try and the boss was easy as well. Still might pick it up if only to support more games like this.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Defintely too easy. But I assume the demo takes place early in the game. I've seen gameplay videos where characters are doing thousands of points in damage, not just hundreds. There's little doubt that juggling and crossing will become increasingly important the further you progress through the campaign.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Game hit today I believe. Who picked it up?

I'm debating if I want to grab it on the way home from work or not.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I still haven't received mine from Newegg..................as you probably heard that Newegg only sends out "regular edition" instead of "limited edition"..........

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I picked up a couple yesterday, but Animal Crossing just wouldn't let me out if its grip :/

dcsas

Integrated,
hate this game hate it hate it hate it.........i put 3 hours into last night and have not one freaking clue wtf is going on.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Played the import version months ago and am glad we finally got this localized. For those on the fence about the game, I wrote a short review. The fan service alone makes the game worth it.

Magician

20 Year Member
hate this game hate it hate it hate it.........i put 3 hours into last night and have not one freaking clue wtf is going on.

I've read that the story is either extremely confusing or altogether nonexistent, depending on your point of view. Either way I guess it's the game's weakest area? Which is odd; usually an rpg's strength is its story. Hmph, looks like I'll be holding out for Shin Megami Tensei IV then. If I ever finish EO:IV that is.

Lol, now there're too many really good rpgs on the 3DS. Better get to them before Bravely Default and Dragon Quest VII remake (yet to be confirmed) arrive next year.

Pope Sazae

I'm kind of happy I canceled my pre-order based on the reviews I have been reading. Maybe pick it up used on the cheap and wait for SMT IV and Legend of Zelda.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
one JPN limited edition, one US limited edition, and one US standard edition

I'm a happy man now :)

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
That's a huge issue I have with people and RPGs. Yes the story is just average, but why can't people enjoy the well tuned battle system, wonderfully remixed music, gorgeous sprite artwork, and interactions between characters? It's truly sad when the defining characteristic of a video game, the interactivity, gets glossed over simply because the story isn't of a certain caliber.

Magician

20 Year Member
That's a huge issue I have with people and RPGs. Yes the story is just average, but why can't people enjoy the well tuned battle system, wonderfully remixed music, gorgeous sprite artwork, and interactions between characters? It's truly sad when the defining characteristic of a video game, the interactivity, gets glossed over simply because the story isn't of a certain caliber.

Sorry Jedah, I didn't mean to come across as though I was saying the story in an rpg is the be all end all reason to play them. Certainly there're other things to enjoy within rpg games. The rpg system in use, production values, the world proper, and other experiences offered by rpg games. EO:IV is a good example of enjoying an rpg for its systems rather than its story.

You'll probably find a more extensive story in Dragon Quest 1 than you would EO:IV.

dcsas

Integrated,
lol average??? more like no story at all. it doesnt matter how good the battle system is, or the music etc if there isnt a story why would i even play the game.

Pat505

War Room Troll
I feel the same way. I'm sick of these RPG's and JRPG's with no story it's retarded. It's like watching Transformers, sure there exciting fights and such but why do I give a fuck? Look it's there job to deliver a complete package with these games which includes a good story or atleast decent. Is it not? Shit the story is what I like about the genre or I'd just stick to my fighters.

Dark Sakul

Marked Wolf
To me Project X Zone has the same kind of story writing that the Super Robot Wars/Taisen series has. Too many characters to focus on and the story goes EVERYWHERE!!!
Very clique, and at times kinda campy, but it makes up with hilarious fan service scenarios you only seen in Fan Fics.

My favorite it at the beginning where Xiou ling of Tekken and Pai from Virtual Fighter started to talk to each other and it turns out Xiou Ling is a huge Pai fan.

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Well, what's the verdict? I have holding off on buying to here what some people think of it.

Dark Sakul

Marked Wolf
Well, what's the verdict? I have holding off on buying to here what some people think of it.

If you are a big Anime/Video game Fan this game right up your alley.
If not the campy clique story might bug you, unless you like that kind of Campiness.

Pope Sazae

I just got this game and holy shit it makes no sense at all. I do like that even the characters admit it makes no sense and have no idea whats going on. Nowhere near the level of Super Robot Wars (one of my favorite series) or Fire Emblem but it is fun just for the goofy factor.