Project Dream

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
The only reason Yuji Naka accepted the FB request is so he could tell his superiors to get the cease and desist order together.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
The only reason Yuji Naka accepted the FB request is so he could tell his superiors to get the cease and desist order together.

o.0 Sega is so dysfunctional Naka might actually think this could be real.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member

I imagine he will extend his gratitude to his die hard fans, and regretfully decline. But it is interesting to see what he has to say.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Let the Dreamcast die. Let the unnecessary retro boner wilt. SEGA makes other games for other systems (which are arguably not that good). Who gives a shit about the hardware?

Even if it was real, why get excited over a mediocre PC setup?

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
What would be cool is if they had a good digital marketplace, and went strong at releasing everything sega.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
That render is an insult to the innovation and style of the Dreamcast. Where's the sleek and eye-catching console design? Where's the unique controller? That render has all the style of an Xbox One.

Like said above, the original Xbox was the Dreamcast 2. The Wii U is also a fully realized Dreamcast (like how the PS3/360 are fully realized CD-is).

I'd only buy a Sega console if it had first party support on par with the Dreamcast. A nice Virtual Console service would be a good start too.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
OG Xbox was the Dreamcast 2.
Which is why it got awesome SEGA games like Shinobi, Billy Hatcher, the Sonic Adventure remakes, and Virtua Fighter 4!

SEGA released more games for PS2 and Gamecube than Xbox, The reality is they were putting their games everywhere they could. PC, arcade, GBA, mobile, they didn't give a fuck. I know the history with Peter Moore and Windows CE etc, but Xbox wasn't shit in Japan, and it can't be a SEGA console without Japan.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Which is why it got awesome SEGA games like Shinobi, Billy Hatcher, the Sonic Adventure remakes, and Virtua Fighter 4!

SEGA released more games for PS2 and Gamecube than Xbox, The reality is they were putting their games everywhere they could. PC, arcade, GBA, mobile, they didn't give a fuck. I know the history with Peter Moore and Windows CE etc, but Xbox wasn't shit in Japan, and it can't be a SEGA console without Japan.

But in reality it was designed originally to play Dreamcast games and Xbox games. It fizzled out early in development, but it was originally meant to be the successor to the dreamcast. Also, the best Sega exclusives were on Xbox.

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Sega wouldn't put their name anywhere near this. Anyone that thinks otherwise is fucking delusional.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
But in reality it was designed originally to play Dreamcast games and Xbox games. It fizzled out early in development, but it was originally meant to be the successor to the dreamcast. Also, the best Sega exclusives were on Xbox.
VF4E.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
That proposed design misses the entire point of what made the DC great to begin with.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Sooooo, another x86 box with wireless controllers, a big hard drive and wifi networking.

~lol

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
We need to all agree the DC had controller design like Rocky Dennis' face.
After plugging in the vmu and letting the upside down cord hit you in the dick meat you could smell the failure.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
We need to all agree the DC had controller design like Rocky Dennis' face.
After plugging in the vmu and letting the upside down cord hit you in the dick meat you could smell the failure.

I'll still never understand the reasoning behind the cord direction. Considering there was a little notch to hold it, it's like they knew they fucked up but didn't want to redesign the controller.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
The DC controller was a real turd...giant bulky ass thing. The system was nice and sleek for its time though, always thought it was well designed.

Now...on topic...the name of this project is completely fitting...

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I always thought the Dreamcast looked like shit, the name was absolute bollocks and it was no longer the Sega of the Saturn and MD behind it. I enjoyed it ofcourse, but it was kind of shallow. Not trying to be edgy and I always had a soft spot for Sega. Some amazing games but the whole angle was a bit... stale. predictable.
in an ideal world Sega would still be making consoles. If the drive behind a new console was western in perspective then I'd have to pass and say the whole point of it was lost

Last edited: