Price Guides

CADMAN2K

Kabuki Klasher
Been out of the scene for quite a while and about to sell some Neo carts. Looking at the price guides it does not appear they have been updated in a while, where is the best place to look for up to date guides, checking out ebay seems like a big variation where some carts appear to be selling for high prices, one of which is Pulstar MVS that is part of the sale items I am about to sell.
Thanks in advance

lions3

Igniz's Servent
check my Signature. JNX hasn't been updated in a while but the other two will give you a general idea of the going rate.

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
What do you have coming? AES or MVS? I'll be watching if AES.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Whatever bro. Keep being a butthurt prick. Nobody will ever notice.

How am I butthurt? I wouldn't have bought your AES stick anyway. Keep shitposting stuff like "whoa whoa whoa" just to increase your post count so you don't look like a market leech. Nobody will ever notice.

uiengineer

How am I butthurt? I wouldn't have bought your AES stick anyway. Keep shitposting stuff like "whoa whoa whoa" just to increase your post count so you don't look like a market leech. Nobody will ever notice.

Quit creepin' bruh.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I always get a chuckle, people buy on here but don't sell on here. Them double standards.

uiengineer

I always get a chuckle, people buy on here but don't sell on here. Them double standards.

i haven't had anything to sell until recently. madman is mad b/c i put up one item somewhere else. i was planning on a larger neo sale thread with NGCD and stuff, but if people are going to be dicks, I might not post anything (or if I do, the critics can fuck off if they want something).

edit: and the stick went to a well known forum member here, so what is the damn difference? (The logic is like the whole ResO shipping fiasco. It doesn't matter how it got there. It wasn't damaged, right? So, no problem. Same thing here. It wasn't posted here on ng.com, but it went to a ng.com member. ok cool. No problem).

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
where is the best place to look for up to date guides
Aside from the three price guides lions3 mentioned, you can also look at sold ebay auctions (click on "Advanced" next to the "Search" button and check "Completed listings" as well as "Auction").

i was planning on a larger neo sale thread with NGCD and stuff, but if people are going to be dicks, I might not post anything (or if I do, the critics can fuck off if they want something).
I lack the words for how pathetic this is. especially coming from someone who's been trying to fit in as hard as you have.

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
i haven't had anything to sell until recently. madman is mad b/c i put up one item somewhere else. i was planning on a larger neo sale thread with NGCD and stuff, but if people are going to be dicks, I might not post anything (or if I do, the critics can fuck off if they want something).

LOL

Take your ball and go home, bitch. :lolz:

uiengineer

LOL

Take your ball and go home, bitch. :lolz:

yeah. i might. except you fagitz would like that too much.

look. i sold something somewhere else. deal with it. it was one item that i passively posted . i didn't even post pics until there was someone genuinely interested. I do have some items that I wanted to post here. To be honest, I don't know that I'd want most of the people on this site to have any of my personal information. I will still likely post the stuff for sale, but after this i expect there will not be much interest. So, that's fine.

Last edited:

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I don't blame you one bit I do the same. The consistent trolling over some dumbassed joystick is getting old. I've known you for years on forums that aren't this one and you're not a scumbag.

Anyway how about those price guides? The one at racketboy I use, the other 2 seem fairly irrelevant (eur) and out of date (the other.) I know averages are pulled from both ebay and also other online or offline sources, but the more the dumb dumbs on ebay get into shoving matches to pull out the most green instead of waiting still drives up those averages so it makes these price sheets not very accurate. The fact remains though when I can beat the average the one mjmjr did on racketboy by any margin that was done in April I'm thrilled.

uiengineer

I don't blame you one bit I do the same. The consistent trolling over some dumbassed joystick is getting old. I've known you for years on forums that aren't this one and you're not a scumbag.

Anyway how about those price guides? The one at racketboy I use, the other 2 seem fairly irrelevant (eur) and out of date (the other.) I know averages are pulled from both ebay and also other online or offline sources, but the more the dumb dumbs on ebay get into shoving matches to pull out the most green instead of waiting still drives up those averages so it makes these price sheets not very accurate. The fact remains though when I can beat the average the one mjmjr did on racketboy by any margin that was done in April I'm thrilled.

Thanks man. I appreciate it.

And yeah, as for price guides, Mike's Racketboy one is worthwhile. Sometimes the NeoGeoKult one is too (this one is a little outdated, but not as outdated as the one on this site).

FilthyRear

15 Year Member

look. i sold something somewhere else. deal with it. it was one item that i passively posted . i didn't even post pics until there was someone genuinely interested. I do have some items that I wanted to post here. To be honest, I don't know that I'd want most of the people on this site to have any of my personal information. I will still likely post the stuff for sale, but after this i expect there will not be much interest. So, that's fine.

You should do it on AtariAge, seeing as how the only post you have there since you joined there in April is in a selling thread for CIB AES games.

You're nothing but a fucking leech. You could give two shits about ANY community, just as long as they have dem scoopz to buy up.

uiengineer

You should do it on AtariAge, seeing as how the only post you have there since you joined there in April is in a selling thread for CIB AES games.

You're nothing but a fucking leech. You could give two shits about ANY community, just as long as they have dem scoopz to buy up.

I made that account to talk to the seller. We were talking on ebay, but he said he'd rather deal on AA. I never even bought from him.

I care about the neo scene, but a lot of you fucktards here are making it more difficult. If you have a fucking problem with me, which I know you do, just hit the block/ignore button. it will make both of our lives easier.

uiengineer

You made an account just to try to scoop. Got it.

Only taking your advice:

"My advice:

If youre dead-set FOR an AES, get the cheapest most beat-up system you can find. Even if its cracked, broken, stepped-on, no controllers/hookups, no games, whatever. Ask around different forums/communities for what the most common games are. Scour eBay and the second hand market for cart-only games (If $$$ is an issue, then cases and instructions are out of the question as they only increase prices)."

Notice there is no mention of becoming part of a community/forum. Nice, bro.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
And another NG.com thread that delivers!

War Room here we comez!

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple

i think 99,99% of the members here give a shit about your personal information or the stuff you will sell. don´t be afraid.

FilthyRear

15 Year Member
Only taking your advice:

"My advice:

If youre dead-set FOR an AES, get the cheapest most beat-up system you can find. Even if its cracked, broken, stepped-on, no controllers/hookups, no games, whatever. Ask around different forums/communities for what the most common games are. Scour eBay and the second hand market for cart-only games (If $$$ is an issue, then cases and instructions are out of the question as they only increase prices)."

Notice there is no mention of becoming part of a community/forum. Nice, bro.

I've been there for over 10 years, dipshit. I'm part of that fucking community. Not as active as I once was, but god help you if try to pull some bullshit over there.

My advice is sound. Show me where I mention anything about CIB games like the ones you were "communicating" about with that seller.

But just because you're trying to prove something about me, lets highlight the rest of that post:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/237674-next-flashback-consoles/page-2#entry3233982

My advice:

If youre dead-set FOR an AES, get the cheapest most beat-up system you can find. Even if its cracked, broken, stepped-on, no controllers/hookups, no games, whatever. Ask around different forums/communities for what the most common games are. Scour eBay and the second hand market for cart-only games (If $$$ is an issue, then cases and instructions are out of the question as they only increase prices).

Alternatively, go the MVS route - your options are much more varied:

-If you have an arcade cabinet that uses the JAMMA standard, do some research on how to wire it so that you can USE the MVS motherboard without shorting out your power supply http://www.hardmvs.com is a great site for that info.

-Buy a consolized MVS. These will run you anywhere from around $200 to around $400 depending on the quality and options. http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/ is a great place to look. Xian Xi (from the NG.com forums) is an absolutely indispensable resource for CMVS stuff, and his work is always top-notch. Options (memory card slot, video connections, bell and whistles, etc.) will affect the price, but I also know that he wont be building CMVS's for very much longer. JNX is not the defacto standard in buy a CMVS, but its at the top of the list for options on where to get them.

-Build one yourself. With a little know-how and some research, you too can build a Neo-Geo. You would still have to source the motherboard (stick with a 1 or 2 slot, as anything else, so I've heard, can give you some trouble once consolized), but they're much easier to locate than a cheap AES. My advice, for what its worth, would be to get a two-slot board and follow the step by step guide on jamma-nation-x.com. Once again, indispensable.

When buying MVS games, stop the madness here and now and DONT USE EBAY AS A PRICE GUIDE. Forums are much better, IMO, because its an established community of PLAYERS, not flippers, scammers, hoarders, or resellers, and prices are more akin to a games ACTUAL worth as opposed to what its worth RIGHT NOW (and you also gain some knowledge on who to AVOID when buying games). I like the early releases myself, and they just happen to be the more cheaper, common games, and they STILL play better than anything that's come out for the modern consoles.

Parting shot with MVS:

Get a UniBios.

Switch it to "console" mode.

You're now playing an AES game.

See how easy that was?

Suck a dick.