Preorders for all five volumes of the Neo Geo X classics collection on Amazon.com

Dreamstate

n00b
If they don't supply cases, the N-Gage Game cases were designed for SD card sized games and are easy to pick up cheap still. Might be a good alternative.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
If there is a demand, someone will jump at the business opportunity to sell custom cases.

crujones4life

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Tommo has already stated they have a team working hard on cases for the games. My guess is that the art will resemble what they are showing on the Facebook page which looks like AES games.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
It woukd have to be a multi game case insert I would think as cant see them making 3 cases for the 3 games when all on one SD card especially if the price is only 25 bucks for the 3 games.

crujones4life

Loyal Neo-Disciple
It woukd have to be a multi game case insert I would think as cant see them making 3 cases for the 3 games when all on one SD card especially if the price is only 25 bucks for the 3 games.

Yeah, that's what I meant...sorry. They have a 3 game pic of a the first 2 volumes on face book with the double red lines look of AES games.

Lee Gray

Its ashame in a way as would have been nice to see individual inserts but hopefully they will do a nice job

PMA

n00b
Let's hope so - if the cases are going to be diminutive it's going to need a good designer to make three games' art look nice in a small area!

Lee Gray

I actually wouldnt have mind them being basic and cheap as not too bothered about packaging for these games especially as will be tiny but because lots of people were moaning about the crap packaging of ninja masters and how they want nice boxes, Tommo have relented which I am sure is also why we have to wait so long for the releases while they make and design these boxes and inserts whilst if it was bare basic the cards could have come out sooner.

PMA

n00b
It could also mean a higher price point. TBH, I'd be happy if they were made of cardboard (like the old Gameboy games for example). Cheaper to produce and still nice looking if that's your thing. Like you say Lee, they are only SD cards really.

Lee Gray

If they had been individual with a mini manual too then I had been all over it but cant see much getting put on something thats going to be around 3 inches, they cant make them too big as they stated before if these go in shops they would need store space.

PMA

n00b
What they might do manual-wise is just give you a link to download the manuals in PDF format or something. It might be a bit much cramming three game manuals into each product. I dunno. We'll just have to wait and see I suppose.

Lee Gray

What they might do manual-wise is just give you a link to download the manuals in PDF format or something. It might be a bit much cramming three game manuals into each product. I dunno. We'll just have to wait and see I suppose.

When I joined the neo geo x website they mentioned that and lots of other information and updates they would give members, as of yet no contact though.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
When I joined the neo geo x website they mentioned that and lots of other information and updates they would give members, as of yet no contact though.

Glad I'm not the only one who is experiencing that! I figured once announcements started ACTUALLY dropping that some contact would be made!

although it would be nice there is no need for a manual, every neo geo game always shows you everything you know before the game starts :)

Lee Gray

I do like the manuals for certain games like Fatal fury 2 and the first couple of shodowns for the character bios

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
They can't exactly just make copies of the homecart manuals because those will be huge. But maybe something like repro MMs will fit.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
The games will be packaged in CD style jewel cases.

If that is indeed true (Got a link, perhaps?) that would be kinda nice. I could make a new section in my shelf next to my NGCD games, they'd blend in!

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
It's a waste to put an SD card in a CD case, way to much wasted space. Just go with something the size of a DS or even a Vita game case.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
It's a waste to put an SD card in a CD case, way to much wasted space. Just go with something the size of a DS or even a Vita game case.

I like this possibility much better. I mean, then that would give them an opportunity to mimic the AES snaplocks, should they decide to! Also, way more durable than a CD jewel case.

PMA

n00b
The reason for jewel cases is simple; they pre-exist and are cheap! (they just need to create an inside that'll hold the sd card and they're done). A custom-designed case would be nice though.

rumbl3

In Chat With Teh Gh3ys,

I was thinking the same thing. DS case size would be perfect and have a big enough side to showcase the game. Would be cool if they did like a mini shockbox.

4lom

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Just an FYI, for Canadians. You can now order volumes 2 & 3 from Amazon. I'm guessing the issue has been fixed, so if someone from outside North America can try and let us know.

Lan Di

War Room Troll
I just pre-ordered all 5. I sure hope that rumored firmware update has teeth.