Preorders for all five volumes of the Neo Geo X classics collection on Amazon.com

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
All with a release date of 4/25/13 and all with a price tag of $24.99 each. Bring it!
Was always going to be difficult to put a price on these. Depends on the packaging method I think. I imagine they'll still only be released as blister packed cards (whereby, no doubt, everyone will be doing the whole buy two, keep one sealed) and Tommo will probably use that to their own advantage. It's cheaper for them and they double their sales up off the backs of their intimate knowledge of how most NeoGeo owners collect.

Looks like it's time to look more seriously at a box solution with some custom inserts for these cards, preferably NOT mass-butchering NGPC clamshells in the process, if possible...

(p.s. $10 too much imo, if sold in blister packs)

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I think thats an ok price as only works out £5 a game in UK terms although I couldnt see these on amazon.com ?
No doubt the ones sold in England will most probably be around £25 pounds but as these weigh sod all, it would be very cheap to ship out, so better to get direct from the states.

Last edited:

-D-

Zero's Secretary
Same here, I tried a few different ways and can't seem to find anything on Amazon for these.

crujones4life

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Was always going to be difficult to put a price on these. Depends on the packaging method I think. I imagine they'll still only be released as blister packed cards (whereby, no doubt, everyone will be doing the whole buy two, keep one sealed) and Tommo will probably use that to their own advantage. It's cheaper for them and they double their sales up off the backs of their intimate knowledge of how most NeoGeo owners collect.

Looks like it's time to look more seriously at a box solution with some custom inserts for these cards, preferably NOT mass-butchering NGPC clamshells in the process, if possible...

(p.s. $10 too much imo, if sold in blister packs)

Tommo already said they were not doing blister packs and that they had a team "hard at work on the packaging". It's on their facebook page I already posted about this awhile back.

NeoGeoNinja

Tommo already said they were not doing blister packs and that they had a team "hard at work on the packaging". It's on their facebook page I already posted about this awhile back.
I don't have facebook and I haven't been following this all that closely. That's good/interesting news though. I look forward to seeing what they come up with. Apparently the packaging for the X Gold was pretty special so, fingers crossed :)

Superdanx

Goal! Goal! Goal!
10 Year Member
Amazon won't ship two of the five volumes to the UK? :mad: Amazon goof? Licensing restrictions?? :mad:

Nice find! All 3 of them pre-ordered fine but 2 of them will not ship to Canada. Wonder why.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It's nice to know how they are broken up as well. For those who don't want to search:

Vol 1: Metal Slug 2, Sengoku, Top Hunter
Vol 2: Samurai Shodown 3, Savage Reign, and Super Sidekicks 3
Vol 3: King of Fighters '96, Blazing Star, and Kizuna Encounter
Vol 4: Garou, Shock Troopers, and World Heroes 2 Jet
Vol 5: The Last Blade, Art of Fighting 3, and Breaker's Revenge

NeoGeoNinja

I have to say, I think that is a pretty damn decent selection there! (although I find the inclusion of SSK's3 odd, by contrast)...

Vol. 2 and 3 are the ones that won't ship. I'm sure they will fix that as it gets closer to launch, hopefully. It's probably just a listing error or something.

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Weird... usually they have an official release statement, then pre-order. Anyone see a 'release statement'? Or is this an Amazon listing mess up?

XtraSmiley

New Challenger
If they don't end up being able to send to maple syrup land or where ever, I'd be glad to send your way for free to help out. You pay postage of course!

I have Amazon prime so I get things 2 day shipping and I'm in Washington DC if that info helps. Glad to help out fellow NG'ers!

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Uh oh. Better preorder these now before the resellers start the price gouging.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
I have to say, I think that is a pretty damn decent selection there! (although I find the inclusion of SSK's3 odd, by contrast)...

I only find it not odd on account of Super Sidekicks 1 being included with the pack-ins. Strange to put it with Samurai Shodown 3 and Savage Reign, but I like that mix! Of course, that could be because I am a HUGE and awful fanboy of SS3, and Super Sidekicks 3 is among my all time favoritie NeoGeo games..

Not sure what to make of Savage Reign yet, I've never even heard of, or played it before! I've read up a bit on it though, checked out some videos on youtube. I'm intrugued at the level-jumping mechanic.

Last edited:

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I got most of those games already but will need volume 1 for the firmware and also the kof96 set even though im not a fan of blazing star or kizuna but no longer own 96.

I use to like save reign, love the kings speech at the end and the fact parts of background break plus the roller coaster knock down, but it does get a bit borig.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Tommo never thinks. Seriously, they should have put one game from each genre on each collection. Not even 1 puzzle game in 5 volumes. It would have made more sense.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
A perfect card would be BAMA, Magical Drop 3, and maybe Puzzle de Pon R