Prehistoric Isle 2 Scoring & Strategies?

Neo Alec said:
I think it matters a lot, because it's better to play using your own shooting, rather than just resorting to bombs that take down the bosses faster all the time.
It's better to play using regular shot simply because you get more score! ;) This is why it doesn't matter what mode you play in. As long as the high score is acheived under MVS or higher difficulty, it's legitimate.

Gemant

Member,
GunstarHero said:
I would also like to know how the 89 million high score on Gemants site was verified.

yes, this score is true.

But I miss a important information. In Japan, in MVS there are all options:

1) HERO version (HERO = 3)
2) LIFE version (energy = 5)

this is a very important thing, because HERO and LIFE ENERGY are TOTALLY different, and score is different.

Someone know about it ?

SPAZ.

Zero's Secretary
i love this game :) but i don´t know how many poitns i make

i end the game with one credit too :P

I just booted up my AES in Jap mode, and it defaults to lifebar mode, which is nice that way I don't have to open up the dip menus :) After playing a game in lifebar mode(and Japanese) I think I'm going to stick with this because there is just more details like lots of blood and even smoke that wasn't there before.

I did feel the game was much easier though in lifebar mode. Heck not just 'feel', this game is WAY easier to 1CC in lifebar mode, I won't beat around the bush. However I had more fun because the graphical detail was far improved due to booting up in Jap mode. I thought maybe there were even more monsters in Jap version also, and in particular stage 4 there's a Brontosaurus that is on LAND and it disintegrates when you kill it, showing only the skeleton left! That is not in the US mode of this game!

I'm getting closeer to figuring out the point structure for bonus stars. I still don't know how they build up their value, but I'm positive that the amount of hostages you are carrying is a modifier. You'll notice that the bonus stars are worth the least amount at the beginning of each stage when you have Zero hostages, then the value slowly builds throughout the stage. Here's what I think is the MAX value for stars according to how many hostages you are carrying:
-1 hostage = 15,000 points
-2 hostage = 30,000 points
-3 hostage = 60,000 points
-4 hostage = 75,000 points
-5 hostage = 90,000 points

It's hard to really keep track in the middle of a game when all the action is going though, but you'll see varying values for the bonus stars like 2,000, or 10,000, or 11,000 or 16,000 or 33,000 etc...I think you have to collect a certain 'minimum' number on each stage before max value is obtained. If anyone can figure out then tell us.

Also, anyone notice you generally get more points for destroying an object with the Plasma cannon(blue shot) than you do destroying the same object with the Machine Gun(red shot)? If you want to see what I mean, just the very first street lamp on stage 1 will give you 5,000 points when using the machine gun, but that same object gives you 6,000 points with the plasma cannon!?

Last edited:
J

jpj

GH, could you hook up a VCR to your AES and maybe record three different runs (say one in lifebar, one in hero, one with opposite ship) and maybe figure out the differences?

i would but i don't have a VCR anymore :confused:

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
GunstarHero said:
I just booted up my AES in Jap mode, and it defaults to lifebar mode, which is nice that way I don't have to open up the dip menus :) After playing a game in lifebar mode(and Japanese) I think I'm going to stick with this because there is just more details like lots of blood and even smoke that wasn't there before.

I did feel the game was much easier though in lifebar mode. Heck not just 'feel', this game is WAY easier to 1CC in lifebar mode, I won't beat around the bush. However I had more fun because the graphical detail was far improved due to booting up in Jap mode. I thought maybe there were even more monsters in Jap version also, and in particular stage 4 there's a Brontosaurus that is on LAND and it disintegrates when you kill it, showing only the skeleton left! That is not in the US mode of this game!

remember page 1 of this thread when i was telling people to always play using the jp version of a game and you were being all skeptical ? :)

i will probably try to improve my pi2 score today,btw

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
GunstarHero said:
After playing a game in lifebar mode(and Japanese) I think I'm going to stick with this because there is just more details like lots of blood and even smoke that wasn't there before.[...] However I had more fun because the graphical detail was far improved due to booting up in Jap mode. I thought maybe there were even more monsters in Jap version also, and in particular stage 4 there's a Brontosaurus that is on LAND and it disintegrates when you kill it, showing only the skeleton left! That is not in the US mode of this game!
I didn't notice there was a difference in violence level for the game, or any of the other details you mentioned above. However, I don't doubt it, since you've obviously played the game more than I have.

Gemant

Member,
JAPANESE VERSION = life bar (energy).

in jap version "heart full energy item" in stage 5 (when you have perfect life) = 815.600 pts.

Gemant said:
JAPANESE VERSION = life bar (energy).

in jap version "heart full energy item" in stage 5 (when you have perfect life) = 815.600 pts.

Cool, now we need to find out where that other 35 million points is hiding.:mr_t:

Neo Alec said:
I didn't notice there was a difference in violence level for the game, or any of the other details you mentioned above. However, I don't doubt it, since you've obviously played the game more than I have.

Yeah, Jap/US difference in violence is quite glaring really. Notice the Stage 1 boss in US mode just flops down and dies in the water, no blood or anything, but in Jap mode a big pool of blood will emerge from his corpse.

I'm still scoring the same points in Jap(lifebar mode), so I stand behind my assertion that the scoring system is not affected.

I noticed also that you don't have a max limit on Bombs in Jap mode, where as in US mode you can only carry max 6 bombs at a time. I've had up to 8 bombs in Jap lifebar mode.

Really wish we could find that big secret thats hiding all the points, it seems like by playing 50 times I would happen across the secret by just dumb luck at least once.

Gemant

Member,
prei0016.png

my current score. Total score is 63.526.000 pts

during august I can perform max 68.000.000, I'm sure.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Gemant said:
prei0016.png

my current score. Total score is 63.526.000 pts

during august I can perform max 68.000.000, I'm sure.

upload that to MARP please :loco:

Gemant

Member,
I use autofire... and marp not accept.

However, when I obtain at least 68.000.000, I upload inp on AREA 51.

MNK

King's Dry Cleaner
Very impressive! My personal record is around 46 million but havn't really put that much time into it. Once I get a 1-slot (again..) this is the first thing on my shoppinglist :drool: .

Gemant

Member,
prei0029.png

no good replay.... 4.000.000 total miss, 1 life miss during last boss.. bleah

How did you get 484 bonus stars? Please divulge , I can only get about half that amount! Are there secret spots that hold a bunch of stars or what?

Gemant

Member,
I divulge this secret at the end of august.

now I must try to 70m score.

Today is not good day for this game...

stage 1~4 perfect play

prei0040.png

but in stage 5 I miss all :oh_no:

This isn't my best score but I'll post it as it's in the range I'm scoring anyway. Only 256 bonus stars for me:spock: Hard to get a good pic with projection tv.

pi2score1.jpg

Gemant

Member,
thanks...

my new score is 71.816.400 pts

80m are possible.

and..... yes. I know the legendary super secret for GENSHITOU 2 :D

prei0205.png