Post Your Recent Purchases!

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Nice video TheSegaDude.

Maybe you're not just a "shelf queen" after all.

PS: I got my Gleylancer for $100.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Thanks! It's good to hear others are getting their hands on Gleylancer too. How did you score yours? Did you get crazy like me and get an original? Repro maybe?

Yeah I only go for originals on any game. One of my best friends/ member on here hooked me up on it recently. Can't wait to play through it really stoked. This & E.D. are my favorite shmup on the Genny/ MD.

Last edited:

ULTRA 4TH GEN

Armored Scrum Object
Although a bit on the easy side (on the default Normal difficulty) Gleylancer is one of the best Shooters I've played on the Mega Drive / Genesis.

I seriously love this game.

View attachment 41097

I love this game too. I would like to get a copy some day. From my point of view, it's one of the best games for the MD but as usual, only for the Japanese players during the 90s.
Often I cannot understand how SEGA planned her console for the European market. This game was indispensable. It's a great visual, fluid and beautiful spectacle.

Great game!

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Nice video TheSegaDude.

Maybe you're not just a "shelf queen" after all.

PS: I got my Gleylancer for $100.

Thanks! I was happy that I could beat it without continuing. It felt good even though the game is generous with extra lives.

I can't shake the Shelf Queen label but I do play my games. I would not want them if playing them was not an option. I have my Genesis, Master System, NES, SNES, TG-16 and Neo Geo hooked up and ready to go at all times.

Sweet price on your Gleylancer. How long ago did you get it?

I'll call your Gleylancer and raise you an Eliminate Down. I got my Eliminate Down for $80... wait for it... $80 Canadian in 2014. No big deal :P

violentluke

New Challenger
A big thanks to Gyrian for selling his loose Mega Drive Covers and manuals!

I recently picked up a loose Gleylancer cart on ebay to complete the case and manual that I got from Gyrian.

Although a bit on the easy side (on the default Normal difficulty) Gleylancer is one of the best Shooters I've played on the Mega Drive / Genesis.

I seriously love this game.

View attachment 41097

Someone here bought Gyrian's cover art and manual for MD Twinkle Tale. Have you matched it up with a cartridge yet? If not, let me know if you ever want to part with it.

Yes I did complete it
zYD8joN.jpg

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
1rdvL2y.jpg

At this point, I think I'm going to go for a complete collection of FDS games starring babies.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
I've never heard of captain power, that's one that's slipped under the rader for me.
My first taste of anime was a show called marine boy that was aired on a saturday morning on bbc 1 over here in the UK along with champion the wonder horse and casey jones back in the mid 70's.

AV Club did a nice retrospective on the show: http://www.avclub.com/article/captain-powers-vision-future-was-ahead-its-time-241589

and their sister site did an article about the toys and rudimentary "video game" technology the show employed: http://gameological.com/2012/04/the-tv-show-will-fire-back/

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
Finnaly got my NGPC Sonic
Directly from Japan
dBkg2Hq.jpg

My NGPC needs some love also ;)

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Finnaly got my NGPC Sonic
Directly from Japan
dBkg2Hq.jpg

My NGPC needs some love also ;)

Nice one, you got a US copy from JP lol. I'm always impressed with how they were able to get sonics speed and graphics so detailed

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
So pleased to get KOF'97 today!

KOF97_zpsawnhj9x1.jpg

Searching for KOF'2003 now!

KOF%20Collection_zpslaj6iqve.jpg

Last edited:

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Picked up some more SMS games in the last few day's.
Rastan is a great port for the system, and wonder boy III is a blast and as good as i remember it.

View attachment 40923

I really love all the Wonder Boys on the SMS. Wonder Boy III is extra ridiculously good.

I didn't like Rastan as a kid. Even though I had never seen the arcade version the sprites in the SMS version just seem so small. I also wasn't very good at it which probably had a lot to do with it. I need to revisit Rastan and give it a fair shake.

All those games look like they are in really nice shape. That must have been a fun package to receive!

I recently found those books that came with SMS Utlimate IV at a local retro shop. That was a cool find.

One set in English and one set in French.
Sega Master System Ultima IV 04.jpg

How is the Sega CD? I have one that doesn't work and a bunch of games that a friend found for me. I've steered clear because I'm afraid of getting sucked in. And those story driven video cinematic movie/games look terrible.
However, I'm instantly jealous of that Popfull Mail. That does look like a really fun game. And I've seen what the Snatcher sells for. You've got some really good additions here!

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I have one that doesn't work and a bunch of games that a friend found for me. I've steered clear because I'm afraid of getting sucked in. And those story driven video cinematic movie/games look terrible.
However, I'm instantly jealous of that Popfull Mail. That does look like a really fun game. And I've seen what the Snatcher sells for. You've got some really good additions here!

You have games for a system that "doesn't work"?

I thought you claimed to play your games?

So much for your "promise" to contribute, huh? The only places you post in is the market and this thread.

You're still nothing but a piece of shit market leech.

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
Went to PSX last year utterly unaware Yasuyuki Oda would be there. This time I didn't make the mistake again. Super stoked to have his signature on one of the best fighters of all time! He was pretty shocked to say the least when I lugged it out, never seen a Japanese developer smile like that. (P.S. sorry for the Sony blue lighting)
15232230_1349809318365374_2686391066703526528_n.jpg15283905_1349809311698708_6089148894404816104_n.jpg

Last edited:

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
How is the Sega CD? I have one that doesn't work and a bunch of games that a friend found for me. I've steered clear because I'm afraid of getting sucked in. And those story driven video cinematic movie/games look terrible.

It's well worth it, IMO.

I added some spoiler tags just in case the tl;dr brigade starts getting agitated. :p

Spoiler:
AD&D Eye of the Beholder- A port of the classic PC dungeon crawler, with music by Yuzo Koshiro. It's a solid port overall, and a good port to go with if you can't play the original PC version.

AH-3 Thunderstrike- 3D flying game that's simple, but fun.

Amazing Spider-Man vs The Kingpin- It's like a better version of the cart game on the Genesis. Better controls, much better music, and cinemas.

Android Assault- Horizontal shmup that's pretty easily until the final stage.

Battlecorps- A 3D action title that's slow paced, but still quite enjoyable.

Dark Wizard- Turn-based strategy game with four characters to choose from, and a lengthy campaign for each.

Dungeon Explorer II- An overhead action game that plays a bit like Gauntlet, but with an actual end goal.

Earthworm Jim: Special Edition- An expanded version of the Genesis game with CD music, an extra level, and some other touches.

Eternal Champions: Challenge From the Dark Side- Better, more balanced and more playable sequel of sorts to the Genesis fighting game.

Final Fight CD- A great port of the arcade game with CD music and a few extra goodies.

Flashback- Basically, a straight port of the Genesis game, but with better music and CGI cinemas.

Flink- A big action platformer with unusually good and detailed graphics.

Formula One: Beyond the Limit- A solid racing game, where tweaking your car is very important. It's not an arcade racer, so consider yourself warned.

Heart of the Alien- Out of This World and it's Sega-CD only sequel.

Jaguar XJ220- Nice racing game with good scaling.

Lords of Thunder- Some say this isn't as good as the TG-16 version, but it's still a quality shmup.

Lunar: The Silver Star- Great RPG that's loaded with very nice music, good graphics, and charm.

Lunar: Eternal Blue- Like the first game, a very good RPG to enjoy.

Popful Mail- A fun action platformer with a quirky sense of humor.

Rise of the Dragon- A port of the PC cyberpunk, graphic adventure game. Not a bad game, but if you're not into the slower-paced, reading and piecing clues together, this might not be one to go after.

Robo Aleste- A spiritual sequel of sorts to M.U.S.H.A., this is a long, solid shoot 'em up that does push the Sega CD in terms of effects, but it does feature long levels and good music (and some badly acted cinemas).

Samurai Shodown- A good port of the SNK classic, even though it lost a character (Earthquake).

Shadow of the Beast II- A well done port of the Amiga classic.

Shining Force CD- Turn-based RPG goodness in the form of not one, but two games on this disc. They're updated versions of two Game Gear "Shining" games.

Silpheed- An OK 3D shmup that's fun enough, but gets way overhyped.

Sol-Feace- A solid shoot 'em up that's basically a cart game on CD, but the music is quite good.

Sonic CD- The level design is a bit schizo, but it's still a good entry in the Sonic series.

Soul Star- Part 3D action, part 3D shmup, it's a fun game with probably the best use of scaling on the Sega CD.

Stellar Fire- It's cheap, so get it solely for the sound track.

The Terminator- Great action game, awesome music. Much better than the Genesis take.

Vay- It's a generic RPG in a number of ways (it doesn't do anything new in terms of visuals, plot, etc.), but it's still a pretty good game overall.

So, some PS2 related pick ups:

w2n33c.jpg

xciwlx.jpg

There's the "Metal Gear Saga" Volume 1 and 2, in the bottom row.

2lxv3ps.jpg

29oracz.jpg

2q836sm.jpg

125mjdh.jpg

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I can't compete with Stealthlurker 2.0, but I did get these in today :)

DSC01189.JPG

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Outstanding additions! They look great.
I got frustrated trying to play the MD Monster World IV so I bought a nice repro in English. It's a very good game.
I'm still looking for a good price on a Japanese MUSHA.
I'm getting the impression that you have a killer Mega Drive library.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I got frustrated trying to play the MD Monster World IV so I bought a nice repro in English. It's a very good game.

Thanks man, I'm getting close to being done with the games I want to get. Not sure what I'll do after that, as far as collecting games. Not much else interests me at this point. I think the ship has sailed on a good price for a JP Musha Aleste unless you get lucky. This one cost close to $200 but it looks brand new. I'm sure you could find one cheaper but if you're spending a lot for a game, may as well buy one in nice shape ;)

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

I get the impression you're a dick.