Post Your Recent Purchases!

Sikleflaming

Quiz Detective
Hey all, not actually a super recent purchase but I realized I've never shared the SFA3 machine I put together earlier this year. Bought an old Dynamo, fixed it up, and stuck Alpha 3 in it, runs beautifully.
IMG_20161202_223639496.jpgIMG_20161202_223733818.jpg

Also modified the control panel to take Sanwa buttons, I know I'm gonna get shit for doing that to an American cab but I just can't play without my Sanwa buttons.
IMG_20161202_223805451.jpg

More recently I picked up this for a steal
IMG_20161202_223930949.jpg
Which is maybe the most beautiful game anyone's ever made for the CPSII

I'm seriously desperate for people to play this thing with, trying to organize a JAMMA tourney but if anyone is in the NoVA area and wants to play I'd love you forever

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Nice touch to that dynamo! I think thats my next project fix mine up as well! Good job!

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Believe it or not Gohanx the guy who did babylon 5 wrote a chunk of the script's for the show.
It was pretty good for a kid's cartoon.
I've not seen it in year's, be a kick to revisit it and see how it's held out.
I liked a lot of the 80's cartoon's like battle of the planet's, star blazers, thundercat's, cities of gold, transformers, i've got fond memories of them.
J Michael Stracynski's name keeps popping up in random old obscure children's shows I keep hearing about, he was also a script writer and developer of the live action post-apocalyptic children's show Captain Power and the soldiers of the future

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
J Michael Stracynski's name keeps popping up in random old obscure children's shows I keep hearing about, he was also a script writer and developer of the live action post-apocalyptic children's show Captain Power and the soldiers of the future

CAPTAIN POWER WAS FUCKING AWESOME!!

My first taste of anime was from those VHS tapes you got with the vehicles. Nothing but space ships and explosions.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
I've never heard of captain power, that's one that's slipped under the rader for me.
My first taste of anime was a show called marine boy that was aired on a saturday morning on bbc 1 over here in the UK along with champion the wonder horse and casey jones back in the mid 70's.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
I've never heard of captain power, that's one that's slipped under the rader for me.
My first taste of anime was a show called marine boy that was aired on a saturday morning on bbc 1 over here in the UK along with champion the wonder horse and casey jones back in the mid 70's.

i think my first exposure to anime was with samurai pizza cats, which was also on bbc 1. if i remember correctly, it was shown very early right before timmy mallett.

cat

i think my first exposure to anime was with samurai pizza cats, which was also on bbc 1. if i remember correctly, it was shown very early right before timmy mallett.
I remember that numpty timmy mallett bogard, he used to have mike myers on his show as well, who went on to do waynes world, austin powers, shreak.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Got this one before it gets stupid expensive for a common game...

15328232_1515810895112599_324992874_n.jpg

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
A big thanks to Gyrian for selling his loose Mega Drive Covers and manuals!

I recently picked up a loose Gleylancer cart on ebay to complete the case and manual that I got from Gyrian.

Although a bit on the easy side (on the default Normal difficulty) Gleylancer is one of the best Shooters I've played on the Mega Drive / Genesis.

I seriously love this game.

Sega Mega Drive Complete Gleylancer.jpg

Someone here bought Gyrian's cover art and manual for MD Twinkle Tale. Have you matched it up with a cartridge yet? If not, let me know if you ever want to part with it.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member

I recently picked up a loose Gleylancer cart on ebay to complete the case and manual that I got from Gyrian.

Although a bit on the easy side (on the default Normal difficulty) Gleylancer is one of the best Shooters I've played on the Mega Drive / Genesis.

View attachment 41097

Someone here bought Gyrian's cover art and manual for MD Twinkle Tale. Have you matched it up with a cartridge yet? If not, let me know if you ever want to part with it.

Damn nice Eric congrats, I got this game coming soon such a badass shmup.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Congrats on completing the Gleylancer quest and presumably the game itself as well! Hands down one of the best MD shooters :) What's left on your wanted list?

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,

View attachment 41097

I read your blog post about this. Very very cool. Congrats Duder!

cat

View attachment 41097

Gleylancer is one i've been after for a long time, it's a fab shooter.
I've only played it on the xbox via emulation.
Such a shame a lot of these class games never saw the light of day outside of asia.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Love the artwork on those Japanese MD games.

Absolutely fantastic. Congrats on those pickups.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Needed more games for an upcoming winter/holiday themed game party:

dROAxho.jpg

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Damn nice Eric congrats, I got this game coming soon such a badass shmup.

Thanks! It's good to hear others are getting their hands on Gleylancer too. How did you score yours? Did you get crazy like me and get an original? Repro maybe?

Congrats on completing the Gleylancer quest and presumably the game itself as well! Hands down one of the best MD shooters :) What's left on your wanted list?

I did beat the game this weekend. Even though the levels are short there are lots of them. I must have played it about four time before I cleared it. When I did that last session took me about 50 minutes.
I think anyone who is still playing retro games would have no trouble with it.
I also tried it on Hard mode and man they really cranked it up a bunch of notches. It still felt fair but true to the modes name, it's bloody hard.

I bet my wish list for Japanese Mega Drive games is very similar to anyone else who's also into the MD:

Alien Soldier
Battle Mania 2
Pulse Man
Twinkle Tale
Snow Bros.
V-V

I read your blog post about this. Very very cool. Congrats Duder!

Awesome! Yeah, imagine getting Gleylancer for $135 USD. Man, that would have been sweet.

Gleylancer is one i've been after for a long time, it's a fab shooter.
I've only played it on the xbox via emulation.
Such a shame a lot of these class games never saw the light of day outside of asia.

Emulating the 8-bit and 16-bit era is done really well for the most part. I bet your experience with Gleylancer was just like on original hardware.
I think the Genesis was still around for about 5 years after Gleylancer came out. I'm surprised that it was never released anywhere else.

Love the artwork on those Japanese MD games.

Absolutely fantastic. Congrats on those pickups.

The Japanese really nailed the artwork on MD games. I'm a big fan too. I also like it when the cart gets different artwork than the case. Feels like they went that extra mile with little details like that.

All you guys are great at helping me justify this habit! You rock! lol
This is a much different reaction than what I got from my wife.

Does anyone know how to spell Gleylancer? I've see it spelt as two words (Gley Lancer) a lot on the web. But in the manual and in the end credits of the game it's show in a plain font all upper case (GLEYLANCER). Which makes me think it's one word.