Post Your Recent Purchases!

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
243rdio.jpg

Super stoked on Crossed Swords 2, plays so well and is a lovely package to boot. Picked up Real Bout as I'm looking to acquire a small AES lot and that cover is godlike. Not so stoked on the AES console issues I'm currently having. Knight's Chance is throwing up garbled graphics and Real Bout boots up one in every ten attempts. Gonna pick up some compressed air today and have a go at the slot. This hobby :very_ang:

Vas

Marked Wolf
243rdio.jpg

Super stoked on Crossed Swords 2, plays so well and is a lovely package to boot. Picked up Real Bout as I'm looking to acquire a small AES lot and that cover is godlike. Not so stoked on the AES console issues I'm currently having. Knight's Chance is throwing up garbled graphics and Real Bout boots up one in every ten attempts. Gonna pick up some compressed air today and have a go at the slot. This hobby :very_ang:

Cool both look really clean. Well done boyo

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
Pick up the Stakes Winner homecart locally from forum member city41! I have been looking for it for quite a while.

The homecart joins the current lineup:

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
I used to play this game in arcade with my friend and we can one credit the game with highest earnings possible. If you understand the Japanese language and know all the Japanese stakes races, you will appreciate the game a bit more. I also love horse racing games in general (Gallop Racer and Winning Post series).

The Sega Saturn, Playstation and Neo Geo CD version added the breeding gameplay VS. homecart and MVS version are arcade only. PS version has horrible loading time but the loading time is much better running on the PS3. Sega Saturn version is very fun with minimal loading time .

Most of the Neo players automatically write this game off. However, if you invest the time to learn how to play, the game could be a lot of fun.

Damn, that's what I call dedication! What is it that you love so much about this game? I'm genuinely curious.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Most of the Neo players automatically write this game off.

Yeah, that's why I asked. I've always thought this game was just a waste of money. I've never even bothered to try it out actually. Thanks for the write-up.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I think JGP would qualify as biggest waste of money. I like Stakes winner also. Guess it's one of my guilty pleasure games.

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
It's pretty challenging if you want to 1cc Stakes Winner 1 and win all the races. One mistake will lead to a defeat (and I consider 2nd place a defeat) in later stages.

Stakes Winner 2 is a waste of money as the game is way too easy.

Yeah, that's why I asked. I've always thought this game was just a waste of money. I've never even bothered to try it out actually. Thanks for the write-up.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter

Really nice looking Real Bout there. I want to upgrade my scruffy copy, but with the prices going up all the time I think I will just have to put up with it.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Gues this is another fake one from France. It's got a Japanese label on the back but it plays on a PAL-console. Paid 20 euro for it and it came from France so i should have know, but i didn't want to pay the full price it goes for these days. Thought i got a steal but when it arrived i saw the back label. Sunsoft logo should also be more to the right side in the black border.

2iiykc2.jpg

2hd6s2f.jpg

Still partially glad i finally got it because this and TMNT: Turtles in Time were the games that made me fall in love with the beat 'em up genre

Last edited:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Stakes Winner is a fantastic game. Don't listen what the haters say 'bout it.
Prepare for 3 Count Bout'ish wrist pain tho! :D

bravojohny

Armored Scrum Object
Very nice. Are you using a modded console or a SCART to HDMI converter?

Just a standard Mega Drive II and Mega Drive 2 RGB scart cable. TV is a CRT Sony Trinitron KV-21FX20E. Bought the cable here. I also ordered a SNES PAL RGB cable, but I ain't tested it yet.

It works great on Nomad btw, because no black bars, due to NTSC format.