Post Your Recent Purchases!

kraquepype

Armored Scrum Object
Not exactly video game related but since a lot of people here collect Lego, I got this set today:

View attachment 23986

Haven't built anything out of Lego for a while and was looking for a good set to get the ball rolling - the above Technic 8110 set, now officially discontinued, but still available, seemed to be generally recommended as one of the best Technic sets ever so I decided to go with that.
Will probably take a while to build, especially with all those stupid things such as work, sleeping and eating getting in the way :lolz:
Oh man that's awesome, looks like a Unimog! I want to get the RC backhoe excavator they have out now, just can't justify it yet.

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
Oh man that's awesome, looks like a Unimog! I want to get the RC backhoe excavator they have out now, just can't justify it yet.

The Unimog is definitely a great model, and worth picking up while stocks are still available, since it appears that prices are on the rise. Its a shame that some of the older models like the Backhoe and several trucks are no longer available. From the little research into the current Technic range I did before purchasing this set:
- in 2H 2015 there will be a new flagship Technic set launching - 42043 Mercedes Benz Arocs truck with crane; this looks pretty impressive and probably worth saving up for
- was looking at the Volvo L350F wheel loader (42030) and Mk2 mobile crane (42009); the Volvo is a must have for those into motors and RC, while the crane is pretty big both in terms of physical size and parts count and at least in my parts of the world seems to be dropping in price so offers good bang for the buck.
- the two race cars currently offered - the Le Mans racer (42039) and the F1 car (42000) - while not offering too many functions / features seem quite appealing - when bought as a pair they would no doubt look good standing next to each other on display.

stopXwhispering

New Challenger
Yesterday I was at a retro market in Malmö, Sweden. An arcade/restaurant place was selling off some of their games to get some funding. I scored 4 MVS carts at (what I consider) good prices :)
(prices approximately converted from SEK to USD)
Spin Masters - $75
Puzzle de Pon - $40
Puzzle Bobble - $52
League Bowling - $46
I also bought a few Sega Mega Drive games and some Super Nintendo + Super Famicom games. And I got a discount of $58 in total, so I think I made a good deal ^_^
neo-geo-mvs-carts.jpg
I think the transparent cartridge is really pretty ^__^
neo-geo-mvs-transparent-cartridge1.jpg

Here's some of the other games I got that I'm more excited about, the rest you can find in my blog post if you're interested.
smd-robocop-31.jpgsnes-final-fight.jpgsfc-final-fight.jpgsnes-tetris-attack-complete-sq.jpg

BTW, here's all the Neo Geo games that were for sale, I already had the boxed AES games that were there, but I think they were pretty cheap, ranging between $70-100. If anyone's interested they're probably still for sale :)
neo-geo-and-my-little-pony.jpg

stopXwhispering

New Challenger
Hahaha no, even though it was fairly tempting ;D

I did however pick up some vintage toys for a friend, and a cool little Pac-Man toy for myself ^_^
pacman.jpg

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
sunday ps4.jpg

Apparently, Sunday delivery for Amazon packages is a thing now! :glee:
I was doing some yard work in the back yard someone knocked on my door.
I went to check and there it was, a box from Amazon, as if by magic.
I ordered this on Tuesday.

Now we wait for literal GIGABYTES of updates.
:oh_no:

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I'm starting a small genesis collection. Only going to buy games I grew up with and some other great titles I've never get to play. Playing these games brought back some fond memories of childhood:)
IMAG1193.jpg

Ash Burton

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Some of the dopest sauce to go with some nice ribs courtesy of Nicko McBrain. That man can smoke some ribs up!

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
Nice start for a Genesis collection man!! can you please share how much did you pay for SoR3?

Regards.

I bought the complete game for 54 bucks at my local retro game shop. I think it's a pretty good deal considering its going for around 70 on ebay. It's one of the game I never get to play in my childhood and its hard as hell haha.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I bought the complete game for 54 bucks at my local retro game shop. I think it's a pretty good deal considering its going for around 70 on ebay. It's one of the game I never get to play in my childhood and its hard as hell haha.

Nice price on it ma. Yep, that game is really hard, especially when you are used to the difficulty of SoR and SoR2. I am better playing the Japanese version, it has a difficulty level similar to what I'm used to.

Regards.

stopXwhispering

New Challenger
I'm starting a small genesis collection. Only going to buy games I grew up with and some other great titles I've never get to play. Playing these games brought back some fond memories of childhood:)
Congrats! The Genesis has a lot to offer ^_^ I'm so jealous of that SoR3! I have 1 & 2, but never managed to find 3 at a decent price >_<

Yep, that game is really hard, especially when you are used to the difficulty of SoR and SoR2. I am better playing the Japanese version, it has a difficulty level similar to what I'm used to.
Nice to know! I might just look for the JP version instead ;D

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I scored 4 MVS carts at (what I consider) good prices [...]
BTW, here's all the Neo Geo games that were for sale, [...]
The prices are OK, a little on the high side but still a good score. You already have Sengoku and KOF96 (as AES carts), right? If not you should go back and pick them up :)

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I went a bit crazy and splashed out, treating myself to something I have wanted for years. While I love the AES, I know I really can't afford most games I'd like on the system so I usually stick to the cheap titles, but this is a game I really couldn't resist.

stopXwhispering

New Challenger
The prices are OK, a little on the high side but still a good score. You already have Sengoku and KOF96 (as AES carts), right? If not you should go back and pick them up :)

Yes I already had those two, and all the other games that were on AES there :) I am considering going back for the Panic Bomber MVS cartridge though, what's a decent price for that one?

btw, does anyone know what the top right MVS cart is on this pic? It's only written in kanji.. (above the bluish King of Fighter's 94 cart)

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
In that condition, I wouldn't pay more than $30-35 for Panic Bomber. And it's not that great of a game, so there's no rush for that one.

The JP cart you asked about is Last Blade 2, an increasingly valuable and desirable game. I'd pick that up for $60 or less.

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
The JP cart you asked about is Last Blade 2, an increasingly valuable and desirable game.
LB2 rocks. My absolute favorite on the system, great gameplay and visuals. dspoonrt is right, $40-60 for a loose JP cart. If you're wondering about prices, the JNX price guide (though outdated, most carts go for the "High" now) is a good place to check.

stopXwhispering

New Challenger
Thanks ^_^ yeah it's a shame with all the unnecessary stickers on the Panic Bomber cart >_<
But I'll see if I can't get a hold of that Last Blade game if it's at a decent price :)

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
20150329_170527_zpsqmf8zodh.jpg

Transformers Commodore 64 cassette UK

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
Haha! I don't blame you! Sengoku 2 is one the best beatemups on any system! I have the MVS version (took me months to find) and now an looking for a decent price on an AES copy. Great purchase!

Just got this from online, allegedly it's a new copy and will I be that guy to open up a (relatively) rare item after managing to remaining MISB for 20 years? Yes, yes I will.
$(KGrHqQOKkIE23lny,n(BN3PsNyg8w~~_12.JPG