Post Your Recent Purchases!

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
Thanks for understanding guys. I joined this forum because you guys know all the ins and outs of Neo Geo collecting. I will do my best to learn. I apologize for overpaying for the cart as I understand how that can over inflate prices. That was not my intention. I just wanted a Metal Slug game so,so bad and I don't have any real connections for games.

Last edited:

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
Nope. Y'all have been at this a lot longer than me. I'm bound to fuck up from time to time.

Man you really gotta research before dropping cash on a game. Especially what you paid. I sold off my Japanese copy of MS4 spring of 2019 for 800. IMO that's still what it's worth. You paid close to English home cart price. Live and learn though.

Not sure if you're new to AES, but fakes run rampant. Mostly from France/Spain but they make their way to retro game shops and eBay auctions all the time as the real thing. Yours looks real, but you could have been burned even harder. NCI makes reproductions of MS4 with the correct label now.

Do your research, know what to look for, learn the prices, and make friends along the way.

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
Man you really gotta research before dropping cash on a game. Especially what you paid. I sold off my Japanese copy of MS4 spring of 2019 for 800. IMO that's still what it's worth. You paid close to English home cart price. Live and learn though.

Not sure if you're new to AES, but fakes run rampant. Mostly from France/Spain but they make their way to retro game shops and eBay auctions all the time as the real thing. Yours looks real, but you could have been burned even harder. NCI makes reproductions of MS4 with the correct label now.

Do your research, know what to look for, learn the prices, and make friends along the way.
Will do man. Thanks.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Thanks for understanding guys. I joined this forum because you guys know all the ins and outs of Neo Geo collecting. I will do my best to learn. I apologize for overpaying for the cart as I understand how that can over inflate prices. That was not my intention. I just wanted a Metal Slug game so,so bad and I don't have any real connections for games.

Read through boot or no boot forum. Very informative and you will learn a lot. Enjoy your games don’t worry about overpaying, just try to inform yourself for next time so you don’t get fucked by shady sellers.

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member

If you're really into just playing the games, go MVS.

You'll be able to get all the best games at a fraction of the price of the home carts :buttrock:

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
If you're really into just playing the games, go MVS.

You'll be able to get all the best games at a fraction of the price of the home carts :buttrock:

I'd like to get as many AES games as I can, but I do feel at some point I'll get an MVS to AES converter. Some games are just unattainable on the AES.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
My best advice is if you want some physical games, pick of copies of the cheap games you are interested in then get a NeoSD for everything else

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Man that snap lock looks milky. Looks like the kind used for the SS limited editions that are coming out.

I'll have to swap mine out once I get my copy.

Yeah,Did you preorder the CE edition or regular?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Man that snap lock looks milky. Looks like the kind used for the SS limited editions that are coming out.

I'll have to swap mine out once I get my copy.

I have a KOF'95 that has the same milky look to it. Weird...

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
I have a KOF'95 that has the same milky look to it. Weird...

There were a few variants of the snap back in day. At least 3 that I can think of that had a different texture for the pastic sleeve that covers the insert.

I had a copy of KOF 97 with a loose sleeve that drove me crazy

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
There were a few variants of the snap back in day. At least 3 that I can think of that had a different texture for the pastic sleeve that covers the insert.

I had a copy of KOF 97 with a loose sleeve that drove me crazy
I’d like to see the 3rd variant you’ve got in mind man. I’ve only ever come across two. The earlier snap cases had a matte finish to the clear plastic, but then around 97 they switched to a glossy finish. I have seen some post 97 games in matte cases though. Who knows what jank was going on at the SNK factory.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
I no longer own the game, but SVC is the 3rd variant I'm thinking of. It had a very smooth finish with almost zero texture to it.

Earlier games like English SS3 had the matte finish and later games like MSX have the glossy finish, but they still have that texture on them. SVC was oddly smooth.

This is all useless knowledge and I've wasted my life

Last edited:

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I no longer own the game, but SVC is the 3rd variant I'm thinking of. It had a very smooth finish with almost zero texture to it.

Earlier games like English SS3 had the matte finish and later games like MSX have the glossy finish, but they still have that texture on them. SVC was oddly smooth.

This is all useless knowledge and I've wasted my life

Very interesting. I live for useless knowledge so thanks for imparting it.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Can confirm that my copy of SVC has that weird smooth plastic. I like it actually.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I DARE you to fly out here! I can show you an amazing vinyl shop and one of the coolest pinball/arcade/bar/food truck places. Just don't hit my face. I need it to see.

I'm not allowed in Texas for legal reasons involving a whiffle ball bat and an apple pie.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Very nice Slug 2 redfield. Congrats on the scoop. You purchase or trade?

Dr. Meat

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
Beautiful Slug 2. Nice that it has the reg. card, too! Now to Turbo it or not...