Post Your Recent Purchases!

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
How good are these multicarts? I have been thinking of getting one from the neostore but didn't know if all the games played just like the originals.

The Neostore charges way too much for the Multicarts. This time, it's actually smarter to use Ebay. I've been thinking long and hard about getting one to fully replace my NGX on my tv (I use it predominantly as a means of playing games I can't buy yet for my AES, but one of these is looking like a better and better idea to have in the meantime as a holdover).

Jonny l3lanka

Morden's Lackey
dsc06080g.jpg

Conversion amirite? Either way, enjoy!

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
For a while now I have been searching for a good used CRT for retro gaming. On one hand there are plenty around, but if you set certain requirements and you are looking to get a reasonably new model in good overall condition (no scratches, missing flaps, everything in working order) at a reasonable price then things don't quite look so rosy.
To cut a long story short I finally picked up a Sony KV-21CL10K a few days ago:

tv1b.jpg

tv2xc.jpg

Key features:
- 21" screen
- 4:3 screen ratio
- stereo sound
- 2 x SCART
- accepts RGB input signal via one of the SCART connectors :cool:

rgbo.jpg

All in all I think this one should be up to the job, time to pick up some retro consoles next :-J:cool:

hokuto29

n00b
How good are these multicarts? I have been thinking of getting one from the neostore but didn't know if all the games played just like the originals.

i have the 161 in 1 MVS and there is some minor bugs but 95% of the games plays perfect,same as the original,cool option if you have a cab or a CMVS to play with friends and the best thing:no emulation!!! you are playin with the original machine :buttrock:

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
Enjoy! Are you just getting in to retro gaming, or are you taking this opportunity to buy another console now that you can appreciate the visuals on a good screen?

I guess my story is very similar to a lot of people on this forum - I had a NES and Gameboy when I was a kid (which were then sold to pay for a SNES :)), however with PC gaming taking off in the late nineties I kind of lost interest in the consoles, and ended up selling everything off. A few years ago I got a PS3 (which I still have), but overall was pretty dissatisfied with the gaming experience offered - fancy visuals but relatively little meat to the gameplay on many of the newer titles. So I ended up playing most of the retro ports on PS3 and also the vintage games via emulator on PC, out of nostalgia and the need for some proper gameplay. Having experienced the standard frustration associated with this experience being less than perfect, I kind of arrived at the conclusion which is perhaps obvious to most people here is that the only real way of enjoying these games is the way the makers intended them to be enjoyed - in its original form and on the original hardware.
So to cut a long story short, I don’t have any retro consoles at the moment, but short term wise looking to pick up a SNES (and getting it fitted with all the mods – RGB, region free, 50hz / 60hz switch etc.) and long term wise definitely a proper CMVS since due to pricing considerations like most I could only dream about getting a Neo Geo when the AES was first released in the nineties.
All in all hoping to get some decent use out of the TV soon ;)

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Boxed AV Famicom system!

20130422_175003.jpg

I picked up the same games at the Midwest Gaming Classic. I noticed Star Force and Hector '87 were there as well, so I had to pick them up. Have you tried the Hudson shooting gallery for the Super Famicom?

Man, I wish I could find an AV Famicom.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
I picked up the same games at the Midwest Gaming Classic. I noticed Star Force and Hector '87 were there as well, so I had to pick them up. Have you tried the Hudson shooting gallery for the Super Famicom?

Man, I wish I could find an AV Famicom.

In the land of milk and honey AV Famicoms go for around 7500 yen.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Have you tried the Hudson shooting gallery for the Super Famicom?

on the SFC?

No, not yet. I am sure I have the rom on my Super Everdrive, just haven't checked it out yet.

edit: on 2nd thought, I might have checked it out. Will need to boot it up and see...

Hey everyone. Well my last Neo Geo related orders were some parts for my Big Red (4 slot), locks, bulbs, and some buttons. Oh and don't forget some black t-molding.

Very recently however I purchased a pair of 12 MB Creative 3Dblaster Voodoo2s. I started building an old DOS/Win9x gaming rig. I'll definitely throw some pics up.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Not a purchase, per se, but one of the guys here is ETS'ing out of the army next week and passed a bunch of his stuff off to me today...got myself a carpet for the room, new-ish microwave, and...

imag0054ld.jpg

...this snazzy Samsung TX-R2765. You just can't beat free :D

Jonny l3lanka

Morden's Lackey
Not a purchase, per se, but one of the guys here is ETS'ing out of the army next week and passed a bunch of his stuff off to me today...got myself a carpet for the room, new-ish microwave, and...

imag0054ld.jpg

...this snazzy Samsung TX-R2765. You just can't beat free :D

Snazzy indeed! :) Tried it out yet? Pics!! :)

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
Ranger X was one of the games I had in my collection as a kid! :) Really interesting mech/platformer! Did you grow up with it too?

Sadly I was a nintendo kid lol. But I always had a heart for the genesis and went to my local mom and pop game shop and saw it there and liked the description of it so I said what the hey I love side scrolling shooters lol.

Tehtriggerman

Quiz Detective
My absolute last purchase. (10 minutes ago maybe) a new baby for my MVS Library all ready to go.

2d2alk.jpg

10ckaw1.jpg