Post Your Recent Purchases!

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
Bought this from my brother tonight, here he is showing it off to my son.

2007 Honda CBR 1000 with only 13k miles on it

8661145581_879df4f195.jpg

I spot the four Zeppelin symbols, I have them too in my left sleeve. :buttrock:

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I spot the four Zeppelin symbols, I have them too in my left sleeve. :buttrock:

That was my brothers first tattoo. The only non-religious one I have is a Grateful Dead "Steal Your Face" skull.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
That cab looks like it's in mint condition. Did you buy it like that or restore it?

My 2 Blast City cabs looked like shit when I got them. I've spent many hours and who knows how many $$$ on parts and materials to get them back to this mint condition. It was totally worth it though.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
My 2 Blast City cabs looked like shit when I got them. I've spent many hours and who knows how many $$$ on parts and materials to get them back to this mint condition. It was totally worth it though.

Well done, i have been looking for a candy cab in mint condition but cant find it.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
DZ was able to procure this bad boy for me last week. Picked it up today.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Boxed AV Famicom system!

20130422_175003.jpg

Better RGB mod that looks like absolute ass on framemeister in composite. If you can find a way for it not to, I'd be eternally grateful. Such a pain in the ass to RGB mod famicoms and it screws the pallet up for some games. :(

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
Better RGB mod that looks like absolute ass on framemeister in composite. If you can find a way for it not to, I'd be eternally grateful. Such a pain in the ass to RGB mod famicoms and it screws the pallet up for some games. :(

Actually the AV Famicom is incredibly easy to RGB mod. You just desolder the old PPU and run pins 14, 15, and 16 (R, G, B) through a amp like the ths7314. After that you run the RGB out lines on the amp to the AV port. The R, G, B, and sync pins on the AV port are all free floating so no need to even cut traces. You can mod one of these for RGB in less than an hour. Only a couple games don't work with the RGB pallet. Overall its a much better NES experience than the stock NES. The real big problem with the RGB mod is depending on how sensitive your PPU and monitor are even the AV Famicom can display jailbars (some PPU's show more jailbars than others). Unfortunately there is no known way to tell which PPU's tend to display less jailbars and they are over $200 on eBay now. Personally I will never go back to playing the stock NES/Famicom, the RGB mod if done right just looks that much better. The cheaper option might be to wait until the HDMI NES project is complete though, PPU's just cost to damned much and the pallet will be the same as a stock NES on the HDMI NES.

HDMI NES Announcment

Last edited:

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Actually the AV Famicom is incredibly easy to RGB mod. You just desolder the old PPU and run pins 14, 15, and 16 (R, G, B) through a amp like the ths7314. After that you run the RGB out lines on the amp to the AV port. The R, G, B, and sync pins on the AV port are all free floating so no need to even cut traces. You can mod one of these for RGB in less than an hour. Only a couple games don't work with the RGB pallet. Overall its a much better NES experience than the stock NES. The real big problem with the RGB mod is depending on how sensitive your PPU and monitor are even the AV Famicom can display jailbars (some PPU's show more jailbars than others). Unfortunately there is no known way to tell which PPU's tend to display less jailbars and they are over $200 on eBay now. Personally I will never go back to playing the stock NES/Famicom, the RGB mod if done right just looks that much better. The cheaper option might be to wait until the HDMI NES project is complete though, PPU's just cost to damned much and the pallet will be the same as a stock NES on the HDMI NES.

HDMI NES Announcment

I think you forgot to mention that an RGB PPU from a donor PlayChoice-10 PCB is required...

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
I think you forgot to mention that an RGB PPU from a donor PlayChoice-10 PCB is required...

I just kinda figured that was common knowledge which is why i also said the PPU cost over $200. Personally I get them from dead PC10 boards and you can nab those for around $50-90 still, that is where mine came from, bit of a gamble though.

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member

Hmmm, I thought the quality wasn't too bad via composite into the Framemeister.

There is a silly white/grey line on the left edge of the picture that's kinda annoying. But I figure that's normal.

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
Hmmm, I thought the quality wasn't too bad via composite into the Framemeister.

There is a silly white/grey line on the left edge of the picture that's kinda annoying. But I figure that's normal.

The Composite on the AV Famicom is pretty awesome, its by far my favorite version of the Famicom even if left stock. My unmoded AV Famicom looks a tad better than my stock US NES does.

Last edited:

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
Nice insert. Link?

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
How good are these multicarts? I have been thinking of getting one from the neostore but didn't know if all the games played just like the originals.