Post Your Recent Purchases!

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Damn, dude. Nice snag on Magical Chase. Also, what edition of Xbox is that? I don't think I've seen that one before.

Maybe it's skeleton or skeleton green, but in weird light? Every time I see an Xbox in a weird case I've never seen before, I think of Ghostcase and other custom cases. Every once in a while you'll see a weird colored Gamecube and oh, it can fit regular DVDs? That explains it. Not saying this is a swap case. My guess is the light, since the controller cord seems green. Speaking of swap cases for the original Xbox ... Ghostcase

ssjlance

Asked For Custom, Rank. Unsure If, I Can Be Bother
My most recent purchase is the entire reason I'm on the forum, and after three weeks of waiting, it's finally here. New rule; if I can afford getting something shipped from Japan, that means I can also afford EMS instead of SAL. Oh well, what's another three weeks when I've been waiting damn near 20 years to own one of these?

View attachment 47082

Not pictured is the joystick (kidney bean) and Samurai Spirits II. All separate packages; sure enough, the games arrived two entire weeks before the AES itself. The Magician Lord is loose; always planned to get it as my first game, couldn't find a deal on eBay I was happy with, settled on Samurai Spirits II, and what do you know? There's a loose Magician Lord for a not insane starting price of $50. And I figure, you know, I bought a Neo Geo, I may as well get used to being broke.

Also, super envious of the Magical Chase posted above by zaneiken. I can't lie, I was even more excited when I saw the first congrats on the score because I thought I'd somehow scrolled past a U.S. version of the game, but yeah, that one's pricey even by Neo Geo standards. Also, Galaga '88, which is just the best PCE/TG16 game of all time.

For real.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
You picked a great time to start collecting for the AES, congrats!

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Maybe it's skeleton or skeleton green, but in weird light? Every time I see an Xbox in a weird case I've never seen before, I think of Ghostcase and other custom cases. Every once in a while you'll see a weird colored Gamecube and oh, it can fit regular DVDs? That explains it. Not saying this is a swap case. My guess is the light, since the controller cord seems green. Speaking of swap cases for the original Xbox ... Ghostcase

I think the green ones either have a dev or Halo logo to the left of the 1P controller input. So yeah, maybe it is a case swamp. Or the lighting.

Man, blast from the past. Remember when Xbox case mods were the thing to do?

Edit: The debug / Halo graphic is next to the 4P input. Also, there was a skeleton green version in Canada that didn't have any additional logos.

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
More:

x3xyvyq.jpg

nice collection you have there, mate. nice to see download amongst all of it :buttrock:.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

Ohh please, It's always a good time to start collecting for the Neo no matter the format. Wish I could say the same about the N64.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I think the green ones either have a dev or Halo logo to the left of the 1P controller input. So yeah, maybe it is a case swamp. Or the lighting.

Man, blast from the past. Remember when Xbox case mods were the thing to do?

Edit: The debug / Halo graphic is next to the 4P input. Also, there was a skeleton green version in Canada that didn't have any additional logos.

That's a Smoke colored Japanese Xbox. It's translucent black.

ssjlance

Much thanks. I figure I still have too much money after getting back the more pedestrian systems I had when I was a kid, so how else can I abuse my adult wallet?

Yeah, but seriously, it's a childhood dream come true. Now, I just need to sell a kidney and pick up one of the Metal Slugs.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Much thanks. I figure I still have too much money after getting back the more pedestrian systems I had when I was a kid, so how else can I abuse my adult wallet?

Yeah, but seriously, it's a childhood dream come true. Now, I just need to sell a kidney and pick up one of the Metal Slugs.

The NeoSD multi is what you need.

Going after legit Slugs will be costly. The market (not here) is riddled with boots. You will not find a bargain out there, it'll be a boot.

Just an observation, not trying to be a downer.

ssjlance

Oh yeah, NeoSD is on the to-buy list. Honestly, Everdrives (and other flashcarts, depending on the system) have been the ONLY way I've been playing on most of my retro consoles since I got back into collecting. The only console I collect legit games for besides Neo Geo is the TurboGrafx 16; the prices on the more popular Nintendo stuff is ridiculous, but I can accept TG16/NG prices because, you know, even the "common" games are pretty damned rare by most console standards. I do like actually collecting real carts, but I just don't have the time, energy, or, most importantly, the money to really collect for everything I'm interested in. TG16 and Neo Geo... they're obscure compared to Nintendo/Sega/whatever, there's a practically (though not literally) 0% chance of finding good deals in the wild, and there really aren't too many games to begin with even if I got ballsy and decided to try and go for a complete set one day.

But yeah, I do have to get at least one legit Metal Slug AES cart eventually, but the NeoSD is way higher on the list out of sheer practicality. XD

ssjlance

I know you well enough and could tell when your being sarcastic.

For what it's worth, I took it as a mostly sincere congrats with a joke thrown in about the price of everything retro skyrocketing. I can't lie and pretend I know how it's affected Neo Geo in particular, but yeah, as somebody who collected mostly Nintendo stuff back in the early 2000's... Jesus Christ.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
For what it's worth, I took it as a mostly sincere congrats with a joke thrown in about the price of everything retro skyrocketing. I can't lie and pretend I know how it's affected Neo Geo in particular, but yeah, as somebody who collected mostly Nintendo stuff back in the early 2000's... Jesus Christ.

Don't mind Razo, he thinks Back to the Future on the NES is a great game.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

Don't ever think he is being Sincere unless he mentions "Not Trolling" before he posts.

I'm a Aes Collector as well and it's a pretty rough time to get into buying Aes Games. Not only are the prices out of control but alot of Repro's that are being sold as legit games. You could still find alot of legit good titles for under $200 if you really are serious about collecting but once you get into the $500+ games you are taking a gamble since those are the titles that will most likely be bootlegged. If you ever have any questions, the guys here are always willing to help out. I would Start by Getting a NeoSd to play the games and little by little acquire a few of your favorites if you plan on collecting.

Don't mind Razo, he thinks Back to the Future on the NES is a great game.

Good One. :lolz:

Don't mind mads, he thinks Kevin James' movies aren't hilarious.

Better :lolz::lolz:

ssjlance

Oh yeah, I've seen madman's posts about the site in my time lurking. Funny stuff. Possibly even funnier than Kevin James (but it's pretty close, I gotta say).

In all seriousness, this forum does have a reputation, and I can dig it.

And yeah, everything I've read has amounted to "stay the fuck away from eBay, etc. if you want legit games that aren't on the cheap end." I'm sure I'll have some questions eventually, but Google and the search function have taken care of any queries so far.

Luckily, I've stil got quite a few <$200 carts I'm after, so it's all fun times for a little while, at least. Crossed Swords is next on the list. King of the Monsters, Blue's Journey, some KOF, and the original Samurai Shodown/Spirits are sure to follow somewhat shortly thereafter.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Oh yeah, I've seen madman's posts about the site in my time lurking. Funny stuff. Possibly even funnier than Kevin James (but it's pretty close, I gotta say).

In all seriousness, this forum does have a reputation, and I can dig it.

And yeah, everything I've read has amounted to "stay the fuck away from eBay, etc. if you want legit games that aren't on the cheap end." I'm sure I'll have some questions eventually, but Google and the search function have taken care of any queries so far.

Luckily, I've stil got quite a few <$200 carts I'm after, so it's all fun times for a little while, at least. Crossed Swords is next on the list. King of the Monsters, Blue's Journey, some KOF, and the original Samurai Shodown/Spirits are sure to follow somewhat shortly thereafter.

1. You know the rep and you're good with it.
2. You are aware of the search function.

Those are 2 good signs for surviving here. ;)

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
1. You know the rep and you're good with it.
2. You are aware of the search function.

Those are 2 good signs for surviving here. ;)

+1

That should keep Madman and Filthy Rear off your radar.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
For what it's worth, I took it as a mostly sincere congrats

Typical n00b mistake, along with trying to collect homecarts.

The cheapest Slug homecart is MS4. It was roughly $275 in 2010, now you are looking at 900+ for a non faded copy. Is that really the price you want to pay for the bragging rights of owning what many consider to be the worst games in the series?

If you want to step up even higher and go for 3 or 5 you will be looking at well over $1000.

Last edited: