Post Your Recent Purchases!

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Let me know how that turns out, I still haven't recapped mine but when it comes down to that maybe I'll look into one of those kits. Gotta love that vector goodness.
Definitely. Hopefully it goes well... I just read about how the power board is dual-layered, and that some connections for caps are on the top and bottom of the board. What a PITA. Also the traces are super flimsy... this should be interesting. :-/

Yeah, vectors are super sexy. I also like how there are still homebrewers out there making games for it. Some hardcore mofos out there! (this is the main reason why I opted for the microSD flashcart).

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I have a second Vectrex I picked up years ago without sound. I've poked around in it but have no idea how to fix it. It's a great system. I need to get mine out soon, it's been too long.

Chaotic Mind

New Challenger
I bought a cheap 32" 1080P TV for $120 USD at Walmart yesterday to replace my dead panel. I use it solely for my Nintendo Switch gaming.

Chaotic Mind

New Challenger
LOL, you spent $740 on a CRT but only $120 on this one.

So? If a good CRT was cheaper I would have gotten one. However due to the fact that tech is dead any left are gonna cost a shitload of $$$ whereas LCD panels are everywhere. Could I have found a "super OP expensive $5,000+ 4k OLED panel"? Sure. Do I need it? No. I also do not need the arcade CRT but I want to play my Neo Geo the "proper" way. LCD is not meant for retro gaming. You use a CRT for that. Feels better.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
So? If a good CRT was cheaper I would have gotten one. However due to the fact that tech is dead any left are gonna cost a shitload of $$$ whereas LCD panels are everywhere. Could I have found a "super OP expensive $5,000+ 4k OLED panel"? Sure. Do I need it? No. I also do not need the arcade CRT but I want to play my Neo Geo the "proper" way. LCD is not meant for retro gaming. You use a CRT for that. Feels better.

Pix of the CRT or it didn't happen.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
You play Neo Geo?...

I thought it was just to sit on the shelf behind you in your YT vids so you look like a baller.

Wait a minute im supposed to pop these cartridges in and play them? I thought these cartridges were meant to be looked at and appreciated as art. This changes everything.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Aaaand...after looking at pics of the cart...yup, it's a boot. Damn, why can't I just get the munchies, like everyone else!?

If it really is a boot, contest it with eBay. eBay's policies are very buyer friendly, especially if you end up buying a bootleg which is against their terms of service. You should get the full money back.

Next time also consider taking a look at the seller's feedback rating. Only 7 feedback ratings is a red flag.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Couple of scoops came in the mail the past few days:

Fire Shark:
TAHQXdWm.jpg

Martial Masters with sheep_nova label:
c0xttTJm.jpg

Strikers 1945 and Robo Army:
vCwOrYom.jpg

hDOgURUm.jpg

Also got New Zero Team and Spectral vs Generation. Was going to take more pic but already tired.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Congrats on the BVM! This particular model looks like it could reheat some leftovers ;)

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Lol it definitely looks like a microwave with those side handles. They can be removed though.

Now I gotta figure out how to unlock the pull-out configuration boards. They're locked, and didn't come with a key so I can't access the settings right now. I kinda don't want to drill the locks out but if I have no choice...

Gentle Ben

NAM-75 Vet
If it really is a boot, contest it with eBay. eBay's policies are very buyer friendly, especially if you end up buying a bootleg which is against their terms of service. You should get the full money back.

Next time also consider taking a look at the seller's feedback rating. Only 7 feedback ratings is a red flag.
Yeah, no shit. I'm apparently a complete moron while high. The LAST time I bought something in that state, it was a bottle of Liquid Ass from Amazon. Only $10 wasted, there!

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Yeah, no shit. I'm apparently a complete moron while high. The LAST time I bought something in that state, it was a bottle of Liquid Ass from Amazon. Only $10 wasted, there!

sometimes if you say it's a bootleg, they'll just tell you to keep it

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member

Dog, you need to lockup your credit card. High spending cash like that is just foolish.

Gentle Ben

NAM-75 Vet
Dog, you need to lockup your credit card. High spending cash like that is just foolish.

Don't I know it. On the plus side, was packing for upcoming move, and found a Wicked Laser in a drawer that was given to me 4 years ago for my birthday. Forgot I even had it. Thought, well maybe I can get $50 for this on craigslist. Decided to check eBay, saw only one available for $800 (new). Put mine on for $400 bin, it sold within 10 minutes.
So that takes care of MOST of my stupidity.
Probably coulda got more...
Oh, yeah...and the guy who sold me his AES for $150 just sold me Viewpoint (english version, cib, actual original owner) for $400. Win some, lose some.

Last edited: