Post Your Recent Purchases!

ULTRA 4TH GEN

Armored Scrum Object
Very nice.
One of my grail games for the MD that i really wished i'd picked up years ago when it was a little less stupidly priced.
A fab game as well, but most probably one i'll never own.

I hope you find somewhere a copy of this great game for the Mega Drive @cat. Nowadays it is very difficult to find it for less than 300 Euros, that's the negative part of the matter.
Trust me, you can really go back to this excellent MD port, always, specially if you like to play the 20 added levels that TOAPLAN did exclusively for the MD, which do not appear in the arcade version.
This port means 70 levels of fun directly made from TOAPLAN in 1993 for Sega's queen. It was a gift for the MD's owners in Japan and Korea. It's not a simple port, and it's much more than simply love for collecting. A pity that was not appearing a version for our forgotten European market...

If I find out about some copy to good price in the forums of Spain, I will warn you.

Last edited:

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
I hope you find somewhere a copy of this great game for the Mega Drive @cat. Nowadays it is very difficult to find it for less than 300 Euros, that's the negative part of the matter.
Trust me, you can really go back to this excellent MD port, always, specially if you like to play the 20 added levels that TOAPLAN did exclusively for the MD, which do not appear in the arcade version.
This port means 70 levels of fun directly made from TOAPLAN in 1993 for Sega's queen. It was a gift for the MD's owners in Japan and Korea. It's not a simple port, and it's much more than simply love for collecting. A pity that was not appearing a version for our forgotten European market...

If I find out about some copy to good price in the forums of Spain, I will warn you.
Yep, it's another fantastic MD game that never saw the light of day outside the asian markets.
I've never played the arcade version, but i've rocked the MD port via emulation and it's a blast.
I'll bet there's a whole bunch of MD fan's on here who'd love to have a legit copy of it.
I know i would.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Digging all the Master System loving, Ninja Gaiden is a ton of fun in it's own weird way. Snow Bros MD is no joke either, great stuff.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Agreed. Stuff like this reminds me why I had a SMS for a second time just a couple years ago. I really was liking games like all 3 in that picture above, personal favorites along with Alex Kidd (and Shinobi World too.) It got to where it was getting dusty as I burned through all the fun stuff, including quite a few PAL releases I grabbed too and I wanted nothing to do with the price nightmare that's the brazilian market.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
475a2b4297d17e757805e68c957cc54f.jpg

Picked up a Philips CD-I and ten "games" at Ye Olde Thrift Shoppe. Unfortunately it didn't have a remote so I'm on the look out for one or preferably a controller. Anyone have an extra? I have no experience with the CD-I so this should be fun to play around with.

Last edited:

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
475a2b4297d17e757805e68c957cc54f.jpg

Picked up a Philips CD-I and ten "games" at Ye Olde Thrift Shoppe. Unfortunately it didn't have a remote so I'm on the look out for one or preferably a controller. Anyone have an extra? I have no experience with the CD-I so this should be fun to play around with.

Nice score. Always wanted to play around with a cdi.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Your thinking in the second part of this sentence is due to the first part ;)

True, but maybe I'll finally get to experience those awful Zelda games first hand. :)

Good to know Tetris is good synbios! I saw that while looking at what was available on eBay. Might be awhile though since controllers don't seem very common. Apparently you can build a SNES adapter with an arduino. So that might be a fun project for after the holidays.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
The CDi received a great port of 7th Guest.
Secret Mission is also a decent adventure type game.
Apprentice gets mentioned a whole lot as one of the better CD-i games.
Burn Cycle is common in lists as well.
Mutant Rampage Bodyslam is a decent brawler.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I had a CDi back in the day. It gets a partly undeserved bad wrap. The problem is it was designed as a non-gaming system, but they got so hyped into it and shoved along they jumped in a bit too far. It lacks the memory and some other good stuff to really buffer a quality experience so it has some really bad weak genres going for it, and others it does with style. Your laserdisc arcade type stuff it had like Dragon's Lair 1+2 and Space Ace, Escape from Cyber City(based on Galaxy Express 999 anime movie) were fantastic on there. The various puzzling/adventure stuff like Kessen for one were fairly solid. Another game style it did well was the rail shooter. Burn Cycle1+2, Chaos Control and various others were really solid experiences if you're into starfox-ish/light gun type experiences. The Zelda games, 2 of the 3 aren't awful, only Zelda's Adventure was truly rotten, Link Faces of Evil and Zelda Wand of Gamelon were decent Zelda 2 wannabes, and fairly challenging and the only rotten part are those well panned awful cartoon FMV popups. The CDi also had some computer game conversions, Lords of the Rising Sun was a fantastic conversion probably the best made of it. And you could also get a good Final Fight/Mutation Nation style brawler called Mutant Rampage Bodyslam which was really good too. They even had a mystery/peeping tom game called Voyeur too. I'd agree with the other mentions already too like Tetris, Apprentice, and the 7th Guest. It even had an already but limited conversion of Namco Museum too.

It's a mixed bag really. A good supply of garbage but there are some memorable experiences worth the effort on it as well.

NeoTeam546

Cheng's Errand Boy
20 Year Member
The Model 2 Genesis is notorious for crashing with 32X games like Knuckles Chaotix. One fix released by Sega involved the use of a bus terminator for the Sega CD slot. A Sega CD would also work, consider buying one.

See here:

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?19731-32X-Seems-to-be-crashing

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?13474-What-on-earth-is-this

I had a model 1 genesis with a 32x, never owned a sega cd, and my Knuckles chaotix would always freeze or crash, never knew what caused it just assumed it was the game/32x acting up. I bought the 32x when it was on its way out so it didnt come with one in the box.

NeoTeam546

Cheng's Errand Boy
20 Year Member
Last interesting worth mentioning game pickup I had was a Star Wing CIB PAL "GERMAN" edition. What was interesting is its box art looks similar to that of a NTSC game versus that of a regular PAL release where the box art has the border on it.

starwingresize.jpg

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
DEUTSCHER BILDSCHIRMTEXT... I always avoid that sign, like the devil does holy water. German in video games kills any imagination. At sight.

Lol

Just bought this week a German Landstalker for dirt cheap, complete. Now it's time for an english eprom version to dwell inside that cart ^^

ULTRA 4TH GEN

Armored Scrum Object
Akumajō Dorakyura Ekkusu Ekkusu is one of the Super Famicom's big treasures. It is in an amazing shape. This version is shorter than the PCE's Rondo of Blood, but it's a great game too. Pretty good selection, man.

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I had a CDi back in the day.
It's a mixed bag really. A good supply of garbage but there are some memorable experiences worth the effort on it as well.

This was sufficient. That wall of fucking text you dribbled out was not.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Akumajō Dorakyura Ekkusu Ekkusu is one of the Super Famicom's big treasures. It is in an amazing shape. This version is shorter than the PCE's Rondo of Blood, but it's a great game too. Pretty good selection, man.

Thanks dude. I've always heard though that game is like a poor mans version of Rondo. I picked it up because the guy who sold it was getting rid of a few items quite cheaply. And it was in good shape and complete, so I thought why not.