Post Your Recent Purchases!

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
I think he's talking about the pictured GBA game, which is a bootleg.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
504584DB-EDE7-4BB7-954B-AE429C5927A4.png_zpsc9jcjact.jpeg

F6351F99-695F-4CB8-A10C-D094A0CA1B57_zpsdvkrnxtz.jpg

Last edited:

Yamazaki

Baseball Star Hitter
15 Year Member
The funny thing is that attitude is kinda mutual: our malls/outlets are filled with Japanese flippers who refurnish unbranded luxury resale shops in their homeland.

They just maintain themselves by buying Ferragamo or Gucci's stuff and shipping boxes in Japan or carrying suitcases full of wallets/bags/shoes taking advantage of tax-free exemption (12% off), evading import duties, of course, because they don't declare it to the borders.
Is a little bit risky but organized as a true parallel network.

LOL - I actually know a Japanese couple who buy brand shoes here in Germany and ship them to Japan.

I wonder though wether we have less shoes now for higher prices like the games in Japan :)

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Mario 2 looks legit but that super mario world gba cart is a bootleg, just look at the ESRB logo.

Yeah Mario World looks like a period fake, meaning it was faked right around the time the game came out. Thankfully Double Dragon Advance looks real and that is a much rarer game.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Yeah, sorry I didn't clarity on the SMB 2, I was indeed talking about the GBA one. The Double Dragon Advance does look real.

My most recent purchase (and the reason that I'm going to start posting here instead of just lurking like I have been) is the NeoGeo MVS I got Saturday. I'm a regular on the Racketboy forums, and one of my buddies over there sold him an MVS he had in a storage unit. It needs a little work - the monitor needs some repair at some point, and I had to buy a board for it - but I finally have a REAL MVS instead of using a converter on my AES.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
My most recent purchase (and the reason that I'm going to start posting here instead of just lurking like I have been) is the NeoGeo MVS I got Saturday. I'm a regular on the Racketboy forums, and one of my buddies over there sold him an MVS he had in a storage unit. It needs a little work - the monitor needs some repair at some point, and I had to buy a board for it - but I finally have a REAL MVS instead of using a converter on my AES.

Congratulations :)

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
ahahaha i think so - mine turned out to be NOS which was a nice surprise.

So funny, I was looking to pick up a swan crystal in the past month. I still have a spare copy of Makaimura that I want to check out on a decent screen.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
So funny, I was looking to pick up a swan crystal in the past month. I still have a spare copy of Makaimura that I want to check out on a decent screen.

That game seriously needs a Crystal screen. I don't know how it was on a B&W Wonderswan, but it's unplayable on the Color. On the Crystal, it's nice.

WNivek

Overtop Pathfinder
IMG_20160509_213511.jpg

I was pleasantly surprised by the cosmetic condition of that SamSho - it's easily the clearest clear-shell I've seen so far. Compared to my others, it almost looks like glass.

Meanwhile: Between the torn and browning label and a solvent splotch on the back, the MS3 kinda looks like it's been through a warzone... which is rather appropriate, considering the game in question. :D

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
how do you like that power brick?

Since this is a Euro PAL machine, the PSU is a 50HZ, 240v only model. No use for me.

IMG_0040.JPG

I am building a replacement, slimline PSU for it that has a higher current rating.

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
Since this is a Euro PAL machine, the PSU is a 50HZ, 240v only model. No use for me.

IMG_0040.JPG

I am building a replacement, slimline PSU for it that has a higher current rating.

Yep, I have the same console.

That sucker takes 5v and 12v

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Picked up a Pokémon Snap Station from a local friend today. It's in really nice condition and it came with a box of printer paper, about 250 print cards and some "Not For Resale" games.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Oh my god that is fantastic. They had one of those at the Blockbuster nearest to us when I was a kid (~9 years old when it released). I love Pokemon Snap. It's actually in my N64 right now.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Awesome scoop, would make a great addition once we get the N64 sub-forum here.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
That's pretty cool, a nice novelty for sure. My kids really like that game. So, how does the printer work? Do you snap pics of pokemon and can then print them out?