Post Your Recent Purchases!

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
The Motherboard is silkscreened "REV.01B" Below the Taito Type X2 logo?

I am saying perhaps yours was an upgraded older unit? I had to look up the specs to be sure but I think it is the following:

REV.00B
Pentium 4 3.4GHz
512MB PC2-5300U DDR Memory
GeForce 7900GS

REV.01B
Pentium Core 2 Duo 2.13GHz
2GB PC2-5300U DDR Memory
GeForce 9800GT SP

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I am saying perhaps yours was an upgraded older unit? I had to look up the specs to be sure but I think it is the following:

REV.00B
Pentium 4 3.4GHz
512MB PC2-5300U DDR Memory
GeForce 7900GS

REV.01B
Pentium Core 2 Duo 2.13GHz
2GB PC2-5300U DDR Memory
GeForce 9800GT SP

I don't know how accurate those wikis are. Here's a vid of the most common board according to the horde of them available on yahoo auctions (P4/7900GS) and this guy has a 01B as well? Maybe 01B isn't the definitive way to know if it's a core 2 unit?

You seem to know a bit about the taito tyoe x2. Obviously one could upgrde the CPU cheaply (like $10) for an E6400, but I see no reason why the motherboard wouldn't handle an E6700 as it's also 65nm and has a 1066 fsb. I doubt it, but for giggles I'd like to try a top of the line LGA775 CPU like a Q9750 and see if it is compatible with the mobo.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
I don't know how accurate those wikis are. Here's a vid of the most common board according to the horde of them available on yahoo auctions (P4/7900GS) and this guy has a 01B as well? Maybe 01B isn't the definitive way to know if it's a core 2 unit?

Maybe. The markings on his case indicate that a REV.00B should be inside (512MB, GF7900 and 3,4GHz CPU) but he does show a REV.01B board inside. I am unsure how common it was to have these upgraded over time or to have the cases swapped, as your case has the markings of TEM100-01B with the ATI X1 processor. I hope none of this came off as mean or anything, as that was far from the intent!

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Maybe. The markings on his case indicate that a REV.00B should be inside (512MB, GF7900 and 3,4GHz CPU) but he does show a REV.01B board inside. I am unsure how common it was to have these upgraded over time or to have the cases swapped, as your case has the markings of TEM100-01B with the ATI X1 processor. I hope none of this came off as mean or anything, as that was far from the intent!

I was expecting the TEM 01B board and the X1600Pro. The Tem 110-02A board has 4 memory slots. Which type X did that come in?? :drool:

Any idea what the original ATI card brand was? Probably an Elsa Falcox ATi card is my guess, since they went Elsa Gladiac for the Nvidia cards I've seen.

Last edited:

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Picked up a PS Vita Borderlands 2 bundle with the following games.

COD: Declassified
Dead or Alive 5 Plus
God of War Collection
Mortal Kombat
Muramasa Rebirth
Wipeout 2048

Liking it so far.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
I was expecting the TEM 01B board and the X1600Pro. The Tem 110-02A board has 4 memory slots. Which type X did that come in?? :drool:

Any idea what the original ATI card brand was? Probably an Elsa Falcox ATi card is my guess, since they went Elsa Gladiac for the Nvidia cards I've seen.

I don't think any of them originally came with 4 slots. I believe they shipped with 1 or 2.

Elsa Gladiac 979GS is the video card you'll want to use for your model most likely, but the original ATI card I think was a Falcox. Model number, I am not sure. I believe a couple titles will only run with the 979GS though, like SFIV and KoFXIII.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I don't think any of them originally came with 4 slots. I believe they shipped with 1 or 2.

Elsa Gladiac 979GS is the video card you'll want to use for your model most likely, but the original ATI card I think was a Falcox. Model number, I am not sure. I believe a couple titles will only run with the 979GS though, like SFIV and KoFXIII.

F13F0AE9-59FD-486F-9498-7D6DFC6D3CEB.png_zpsgjuvlzfh.jpeg

What was it upgraded from?

Pentium 4 3.4Ghz

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
The motherboard Rev. is nothing more than that. Just a revision of the motherboard. Its not a clear indicator of what components are to be attached. These motherboards where developed by Toshiba and are used in many other applications outside the TypeX2.

Also, the Core2 setups where mostly for the shitty touchscreen games, and I think one version of SFIV. Its really not needed though as these games where well optomized. USFIV officially runs on the P4 with 1GB of RAM and a 979GS. Thats what the newest Nesica TypeX2 motherboards are using.

Not that I found the 7900GS lacking, but I upgraded to the 7950GT with 512MB of ram and saw ZERO performance improvements. Im really impressed by how perfect these games run on such low end hardware.

On a side note, I do not believe the northbridge supports more than 2GB of RAM. I could be completely wrong on that though.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
The motherboard Rev. is nothing more than that. Just a revision of the motherboard. Its not a clear indicator of what components are to be attached. These motherboards where developed by Toshiba and are used in many other applications outside the TypeX2.

Also, the Core2 setups where mostly for the shitty touchscreen games, and I think one version of SFIV. Its really not needed though as these games where well optomized. USFIV officially runs on the P4 with 1GB of RAM and a 979GS. Thats what the newest Nesica TypeX2 motherboards are using.

Not that I found the 7900GS lacking, but I upgraded to the 7950GT with 512MB of ram and saw ZERO performance improvements. Im really impressed by how perfect these games run on such low end hardware.

On a side note, I do not believe the northbridge supports more than 2GB of RAM. I could be completely wrong on that though.

Interesting.

USFIV is running on the Type X3 BTW.

Undefined

Pope Sazae's fake account
I like to collect old books and this is one I recently picked up that I am happy about. "Everyday Life in Old Judea" with a 1925 printing date. Cover is a little dirty but the pages are in perfect condition with no stains, tears, or dog ears.

sxQPydM.jpg

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I like to collect old books and this is one I recently picked up that I am happy about. "Everyday Life in Old Judea" with a 1925 printing date. Cover is a little dirty but the pages are in perfect condition with no stains, tears, or dog ears.

sxQPydM.jpg

Beautiful cover.

Yamazaki

Baseball Star Hitter
15 Year Member
This is depressing. I best you the majority of their inventory can be found on eBay now thanks your local neighborhood flipper. Japanese people are getting wise to the heat wave.

Spend a month in Kyoto, Osaka and Tokio this March.

I swear to God whenever I went into a Super Potato or Mandarake all I heard was either French or Spanish.

Or English depending on wether said Frenchies/Spanish boys had a Japanese gal with them..

Undefined

Pope Sazae's fake account
Beautiful cover.

I'm going to try and restore it as best I can without taking away the age and wear on it. I have a book from the 1910's on home health care/treatments/etc. that is in need of some work as well since the spine is starting to separate on the bottom. Old medical books are my favorite since it really shows how far we have come in such a short amount of time but I had to get this one since it was cheap and I like Jewish history.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
I'm going to try and restore it as best I can without taking away the age and wear on it. I have a book from the 1910's on home health care/treatments/etc. that is in need of some work as well since the spine is starting to separate on the bottom. Old medical books are my favorite since it really shows how far we have come in such a short amount of time but I had to get this one since it was cheap and I like Jewish history.

reminds me of the TV show The Knick, takes place in a hospital during the turn of the century

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
Spend a month in Kyoto, Osaka and Tokio this March.

I swear to God whenever I went into a Super Potato or Mandarake all I heard was either French or Spanish.

Or English depending on wether said Frenchies/Spanish boys had a Japanese gal with them..

The funny thing is that attitude is kinda mutual: our malls/outlets are filled with Japanese flippers who refurnish unbranded luxury resale shops in their homeland.

They just maintain themselves by buying Ferragamo or Gucci's stuff and shipping boxes in Japan or carrying suitcases full of wallets/bags/shoes taking advantage of tax-free exemption (12% off), evading import duties, of course, because they don't declare it to the borders.
Is a little bit risky but organized as a true parallel network.

Last edited:

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Everything just arrived for doing the FDS + FDSemu thing. Pretty cool to replay some old NES favorites with different music and sound effects.

image.jpeg

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Everything just arrived for doing the FDS + FDSemu thing. Pretty cool to replay some old NES favorites with different music and sound effects.

View attachment 35802

There's also so many unique releases on the system, and a boatload of retro *adult* titles with a few actually worth playing from a gameplay standpoint instead of the usual funny novelty.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
So if you buy just the FDSemu and have a ram adapter you can play all the games from it? No modding of the console?

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy
The two gameboy games just showed up in the mail, picked up sm2, the ultimate warrior and the Mike Tyson bead art at a local comic and toy show yesterday.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg