PlayStation Portal to have MSRP of 199.99

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
….

…but…

Games, which require the headset, and games that are streamed through PlayStation Plus Premium's cloud streaming, are not supported."

*que gameshow trombone music*

Not sure anything is coming close to Steamdeck at this point.

Thoughts?

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Someone got their hands on a dev kit a month or two ago, they tore it down and discovered that it's nothing but a generic android tablet with a controller stuck onto it. Sony is really going to ask $200 for that?

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
$200 and you'll have to pony up extra money for Sony's proprietary bs if you want to use a wireless headset. Holy fucking shit my christ is this thing funny.

If this thing takes more than six months to end up in a bargain bin, I'll be shocked.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Someone got their hands on a dev kit a month or two ago, they tore it down and discovered that it's nothing but a generic android tablet with a controller stuck onto it. Sony is really going to ask $200 for that?
Holy fucking shit, I was going to mock that abomination again in this thread until I read this. Now I just feel sad for it.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
I can't say I know much about the PlayStation Portal. Can anyone fill me in?

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
It's only for stream "local games" only ? Why ? :unsure:

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
You leave the Nokia N-gage out of this! It was a great handheld, it was too early on to the scene but had alot going for it.
N-gage could play it's own games and had a few decent hits. This is sadder than the Wii U gamepad, which was at least packed in with the console.

Why didn't they just release a controller dock for people's phones? Oh yeah, then they couldn't charge you extra for proprietary headsets and other similar bullshit.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I actually think this is a pretty cool thing, streaming games to a handheld from a big boy machine is handy at times. $200 for what is basically a Wii U tablet that probably doesn't work as well is way too much. I stream PS4 games to my Steam Deck sometimes, it's pretty neat.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
I actually think this is a pretty cool thing, streaming games to a handheld from a big boy machine is handy at times. $200 for what is basically a Wii U tablet that probably doesn't work as well is way too much. I stream PS4 games to my Steam Deck sometimes, it's pretty neat.
But for both things they can play games on. The wii u tablet looks alot better than this new monstrosity

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
I would like to know how strong they are, cause it looks quiet delicate.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
If this thing was going to be like $100-120 I could be interested.
Otherwise I'll circle back to it once they hit clearance bins for $50.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I'm sure people will find an interesting use case for these things but yeah, not for $200. That's just silly.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
You leave the Nokia N-gage out of this! It was a great handheld, it was too early on to the scene but had alot going for it.
My man, I had one too but it was shitty.
Screen resolution was just too low, even for 2003. The buttons on the original model were gash as well.