Playstation 4 has over 86,000,000 owners and rising! Dominates the industry overall.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Just bought a PS4 Pro, got like 7 games with it for $350.

Want to see what this 4k gaming is all about. Spiderman & Red Dead2 just arrived, getting the pro on Friday.

HDR is way more impactful than 4K. I'd take 1080p HDR over 2160p SDR any day, especially with the ugly checkerboard rendering everyone uses on PS4 Pro.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I like the Ps4 and the game library but they really dropped the ball with backwards compatibility. I give props to Microsoft for still allowing me to play my OG and 360 games on the One. I don't know if I'll buy a PS5 but if they pull that shit again, I'm out. Making me have to sign up for some bullshit expensive PSNow subscription to play games I already purchased from the PSN store on my PS3 is some greedy bullshit. I canceled my PS Plus subscription because that's a bunch of bullshit too.

Go fuck yourself Saner lol.

Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I like my PS4 Pro a lot also but I might dip and buy an Xbox One X eventually if I can get it at a not so fucking high price.

Sanar shut up and take your medicine already. :angry:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I like the Ps4 and the game library but they really dropped the ball with backwards compatibility. I give props to Microsoft for still allowing me to play my OG and 360 games on the One. I don't know if I'll buy a PS5 but if they pull that shit again, I'm out. Making me have to sign up for some bullshit expensive PSNow subscription to play games I already purchased from the PSN store on my PS3 is some greedy bullshit. I canceled my PS Plus subscription because that's a bunch of bullshit too.

Go fuck yourself Saner lol.

They already said the PS5 is backwards compatible to the 4. PS3s are cheap and easy to get if that bothers you, you probably already own one anyway.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
They already said the PS5 is backwards compatible to the 4. PS3s are cheap and easy to get if that bothers you, you probably already own one anyway.

Yea, but who wants to hoard consoles when you could just have one console that plays everything?

Isnt that the whole point of having backwards compatibility.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I mean, if I purchased a bunch of digital content on the ps3 like ps1, ps2, ps3, and other digital stuff, why do I have to subscribe to PsNow to play it?

Xbox one let's me play all the digital stuff I purchased on the 360.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
You bought the wrong console then.
Lol I was about to post literally the same exact thing. The PS4 Pro isn't a 4K console, it's a 1440p (sometimes) console with checkerboarding. Maybe what, 1/20th of its games run at native 4K?

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Yea, but who wants to hoard consoles when you could just have one console that plays everything?

would you really play PS3 games on PS5? I wouldn't.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
There are still few PS3 games that I haven't played and would love to play on PS5 like Demon Souls and 3D Dot Game Heroes. And I'm still waiting for Bayonetta 1 on PS4 :crying:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
would you really play PS3 games on PS5? I wouldn't.

Sure. I played Ps1/Ps2 games on the Ps3.

I just want my digital games I purchased to transfer over to the next console so I could get rid of the older console and just stick to the new one.

For example, I purchased Daytona Usa on the Ps3 Psn store. Why do I need to subscribe to PsNow to play it when I paid for this game already. Why can't they do something like Steam?

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
This thread....fuck me sideways... get a clue Saner.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member

We've had one of those for practically 30 years, a PC.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
PS3 emulation is also making progress. Only tested Drakengard 3 and it works alright.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
There are still few PS3 games that I haven't played and would love to play on PS5 like Demon Souls and 3D Dot Game Heroes. And I'm still waiting for Bayonetta 1 on PS4 :crying:

Woah woah, you need to play demon souls soon my friend.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Xbox one let's me play all the digital stuff I purchased on the 360.
Then you were very fortunate with your purchases, because its backward compatibility is far from universal. And now it's no longer going to grow.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Woah woah, you need to play demon souls soon my friend.

The hipster version of dark souls. I know you didn't say it but I'm tired of people saying demon souls is better when it's not.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Then you were very fortunate with your purchases, because its backward compatibility is far from universal. And now it's no longer going to grow.

Yes, I wasn't able to get everything. There are still a few games that didn't transfer over but I got about 85%. One I remember off the top of my head is Indigo Prophecy on the original Xbox.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
The original Xbox support is fairly abysmal, though it's better than nothing. I was very disappointed when they announced the end of the program without making Jet Set Radio Future, Gunvalkyrie, and Dino Crisis 3 compatible for example. The 360 is fairly well represented, but I care less about a lot of those, because there are less exclusives I have to play. Having Stuntman: Ignition and Guardian Heroes playable on the One is particularly nice, especially when I bought an S solely for BC and media streaming.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
So i been playing my PS4 pro, shit just like a regular ps4...

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
So i been playing my PS4 pro, shit just like a regular ps4...

Just to make sure, did you enable 4K / HDR on both the TV's side and PS4? Most TV's have them off by default. To confirm you have them on properly, you can go to:

Settings > Sound and Screen > Video Output Settings > Video Output Information

The resaults may also vary from game to game.
The most games I've been impressed with so far are Uncharted 4, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider (haven't tried GoW yet, but heard it's good too).

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Just to make sure, did you enable 4K / HDR on both the TV's side and PS4? Most TV's have them off by default. To confirm you have them on properly, you can go to:

Settings > Sound and Screen > Video Output Settings > Video Output Information

The resaults may also vary from game to game.
The most games I've been impressed with so far are Uncharted 4, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider (haven't tried GoW yet, but heard it's good too).

This is of course highly dependent on whether your TV can get bright enough to actually showcase HDR properly. So many TV's have 'HDR10' but can barely get above 500nits.

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
PS4 pro with its fake 4K is laughably bad. Most games aren't even true 4K and runs slow. Checkerboard upscaling is tacky as F. It's more of a 1080p console. I don't feel sorry for the clowns who got ripped off and bought a 4K TV just to play on the ps4 pro.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
PS4 pro with its fake 4K is laughably bad. Most games aren't even true 4K and runs slow. Checkerboard upscaling is tacky as F. It's more of a 1080p console. I don't feel sorry for the clowns who got ripped off and bought a 4K TV just to play on the ps4 pro.

Try buying a TV that isn't 4K and worth buying in the first place...

That said anyone expecting a PS4 Pro to actually do 4K while you might need a 1080Ti or 2080Ti to do it well on a PC, really doesn't understand how under powered the PS4 Pro really is.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
Try buying a TV that isn't 4K and worth buying in the first place...

That said anyone expecting a PS4 Pro to actually do 4K while you might need a 1080Ti or 2080Ti to do it well on a PC, really doesn't understand how under powered the PS4 Pro really is.

Very true. However, I’ll say that God of war, the wipeout collection and the shadow Of the colossus remaster all look pretty good. I don’t see any jaggies at all, and wipeout is able to pull it off at a stable 60 FPS. I can’t tell much of a difference with the last of us, but it maintains a solid frame rate.