Playmore update: KOF2003 confirmed for NEOGEO (plus other news)

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
hell i never thought SvCC would see the neo.

i pray KoF 2k3 makes it...

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
the roker said:
fcuk the graphical upgrades, I just want new sprites. I want these characters to change a bit, like Kim did in 2k2.

Is that too much to ask?

New sprites would be good, but I'd really like new characters and better designs...

Lately SNKP created new fighters for KOF, mostly little girls and young boys, small sprites, boring design IMHO.
Games like Real Bout and Art Of Fighting had lots of great, forgotten characters, can't SNK just take some of these guys for KOF 2003?

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
neonut said:
funny how every 1 wants the games to stay on the neo( maybe because they dished out load of money for the homecarts, trhat why mvs is the way for me) , but then when the cart or pc (in snk vs cap) comes out all these ppl come out of nowhere and bitch ,bitch ,bitch , this animation is terrible , backgrounds look bad, sound sucks..its rather amusing, but hey i like the neo ,have had it around for a long time and i wouldnt mind a new board or platform. Its gonna die someday..........neonut

ok . . . its not that we're bitching about it because its not high-resss55ss(TM) with 3D backgrounds, transperancies, etc.

But it's the fact that SNK set a standard, and later releases just do not seem to be on the same level as earlier releases.

Have you played the Last Blade? Its a beautiful game not because what the Neo Geo is pushing, but because of excellent presentation, beautiful characters and stages, and awesome gameplay.

Notice I didn't say "digital grass effects polygon bump mapping frames per second"

ShockXtreatment

Kuroko's Training Dummy
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

Kid Aphex said:
This is great news if you ask me.

You are right KA.:buttrock:

You guys should be happy, this is the only SNK
game with AOF, FF, or KOF characters in it.

SNK probly has no plans for AOF or FF.:annoyed:

great news I hope this is not the last year the neo stays afloat.
cause if it is. What are us home user's gonna get to play the new neo games on?

Atomiswave AES?:angry:

Parallax

Ninja Combat Warrior
I was hoping 03 would be on the atomoswave
KOF just seems like too much of the same thing over and over again now days.

neonut

Crossed Swords Squire
Have you played the Last Blade? Its a beautiful game not because what the Neo Geo is pushing, but because of excellent presentation, beautiful characters and stages, and awesome gameplay.

Notice I didn't say "digital grass effects polygon bump mapping frames per second".

u r forgetting that it was made in 1997 , technology move forward does not go back or just stay the same, or i would be surfing the net right now on my commodore 64. Look i am not knocking the neo i love the system, but a new board would be nice. Lb is very impressive, but look at kof 99 hmm the opening scene looks like it came from the genesis. And dont even tell me u didnt run out and get a copy of cap vs snk when it came out ( why because it was new ) and i am sick of rehacks, i mean look at iori's animation they changed it but didnt even bother to change his facial expressin when moving lt or rt. not to say im just for graphics but it plays an important part and u did say bump mapping and dig.........neonut

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Why hasn't anyone else hit up on the BIGGER news?

If there's an SvC delay...why wouldn't they list it on their website....?

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
played mark of the wolves today... you can't improve on shit like that. I just wished they had given latest releases that atention...

Judging from the only pic we have of this (the title screen), there seems to be a shift in aesthetics. Not much to go on but the title screen looks understated and sophisticated. Not overcharged like they usually are.

I am putting my money where my mouth is. I will bet this will be unlike the last 2 KOFs in most areas.

Playmore seem to be more and more confident with the passing of time and whilst SNKvsCapcom is far from perfect (what is up with Chun Li's arm in the standing animation anyway?), they must be shifting gear.

Anyway, thankyou Playmore. And a big Fuck you to all PS2 fanboys and Atomiswave supporters (tongue in cheek ofcourse)

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
JHendrix said:
Yay for more KOF! I think they started development on this a while ago and as such they're going to put it out Neo style.

Conversely I would seriously think this is going to be the last KOF put out on the MVS and the Atomiswave may be the the next stop for the series.

If not simply because there will be less bootlegging going on there.

I don't see why they can’t support both platforms (Neo-Geo and Atomiswave) with software. The Neo-Geo will eventually die, but I don’t think it’s going to happen anytime soon. When SNK reformed as Playmore, they said the Neo would be supported with software for at least another 5 years. Whether this happens or not is anyone's guess, but more than likely it will.

Who knows, maybe SNKP will surprise us with a new system some time in the next 5 years? Hey, it could happen. :)

I also think the bootleg argument is weak. If Playmore was really concerned about bootlegging / roms (and let’s face it – bootlegging was just as bad 5 years ago as it is today), they would have canned the Neo-Geo a looooooong time ago.

Last edited:

games91999

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
man i hope this happens, i for one think the "new" kof looks great, but nothing will match the originality of the series on the neo! they better not mess up with this one and it better come out!!

Stephane

Boss Hogg,
Shito said:
KOF2003 has also been annoucend to be the first chapter of a new saga, and it will celebrate the 10th anniversary of the series.

? 10th anniversary ? i missed kof 93 ????, darn !

ROBOTRON

Marked Wolf
games91999 said:
man i hope this happens, i for one think the "new" kof looks great, but nothing will match the originality of the series on the neo! they better not mess up with this one and it better come out!!

INDEED!:D

neo*geo

Mickey's Coach
i am a happy little bunny now i can get them all 94 - 200?
long live the best console ever neo geo

yashiroTCM

Hardened Shock Trooper
sweet

AH! well... new flesh was definetily needed... a new saga... Now I'm wonderin' if our Hero Kyo will remain on it... and Iori?... Damn we need more info... but anywayz it's cool to know that our neo.geo is still alive :smirk:

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Re: Re: Playmore update: KOF2003 confirmed for NEOGEO (plus other news)

Stephane said:
? 10th anniversary ? i missed kof 93 ????, darn !

1. 94
2. 95
3. 96
4. 97
5. 98
6. 99
7. 00
8. 01
9. 02
10. 03

This will be the 10th KOF game.

Marco-big-bro

Morden's Lackey
10 games for KOF is realy something...
For those who've all of them, it' s a real collesting value, and it's rely fun to see the evolution of the game in so many years:buttrock:

It's just that (don't know about you ) I would realy like something new...

Like less caracters with a Motw annimation for instance:D

or metal slugs caracters:multi_co: :multi_co: :multi_co:

Stephane

Boss Hogg,
Re: Re: Re: Playmore update: KOF2003 confirmed for NEOGEO (plus other news)

dmhawkmoon said:
1. 94
2. 95
3. 96
4. 97
5. 98
6. 99
7. 00
8. 01
9. 02
10. 03

This will be the 10th KOF game.

true :p well sorry :)

buster_broon

The Rock,
well techincally

fatal fury was the first king of fighters tournament

so i guess thats the first one

kof 2003 is number 11

**buster waits for the anal-ists to arrive and tell him whats what**

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
buster_broon said:
well techincally

fatal fury was the first king of fighters tournament

so i guess thats the first one

kof 2003 is number 11

**buster waits for the anal-ists to arrive and tell him whats what**

Nope, I'm not telling you the thing :p

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
Even though we are all NEO lovers here we have to admit that in the coming years the Neo hardware just wont be able to supply us with the type of games we need. Plus its just gonna be more and more expensive for SNKP to continue to developing titles on the dated hardware. Any new NEO news is good news indeed but its not going to keep coming our way. AS much as i want to believe that the NG will live forever I will admit that Id much rather series that this system made classic live on even if it has to be elsewhere.