Playing Fatal Fury

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Yes mate figured it from the name ;) My old man had an XB Hardtop GS pack, bought it brand new ordered with a 351 instead of the 302. I remember it being sold in the mid 80s for f*** all, and yet now, being a Hardtop GS with a factory 351, wouldve been substantially more than that...

What state are you in and what part? QLD here.

PM sent to avoid derailing the thread too much :)

aria

Former Moderator
FF is among the easiest games on the Neo, it was the first game I consistently 1CCed in arcades.

Just pick Andy and "zanei ken" the bejesus out of everyone. All you have to do is get them on the ground once and they're toast when they try to get up. It's just timing.

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
No, not that one.
FF is among the easiest games on the Neo, it was the first game I consistently 1CCed in arcades.

Just pick Andy and "zanei ken" the bejesus out of everyone. All you have to do is get them on the ground once and they're toast when they try to get up. It's just timing.

It works with all 3 of them the same, just that Joe also has the machine gun punch, which mows down Tung Fu Ru, Hwa Jai, and Billy Kane very quickly.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yup, works with Terry and the Power Wave as well. It's ridiculously overpowered in the game. Just use a jump kick or something to knock a guy down, hit him with the power wave as he gets up, and 90% of his life is gone.

I love Fatal Fury.

Edmond Dantes

Rugal's Thug
Just here throwing my hat in with the FF love. Even after having played the later ones, FF1 is still my favorite in the series, followed closely by FF3.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
One way to beat Geese is to repeatedly jump back against either the left or right end of the arena, using well timed jump kicks. He is vulnerable to jump kicks when he does the ground fireball (reppuken).

Last edited:

satya

n00b
raiden - keep distance and use projectiles! Fatal fury 2 special bloody nails!

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I played FF1 the other day. In Hwa Jai's stage, I never noticed there's a "Real Bout Cafe" in the background. Must be a *wink* *wink* to the series' working title.

NEO-GEO man

One way to beat Geese is to repeatedly jump back against either the left or right end of the arena, using well timed jump kicks. He is vulnerable to jump kicks when he does the ground fireball (reppuken).

That would be very hit and miss, what do you do when he grabs you every other time?

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
That would be very hit and miss, what do you do when he grabs you every other time?

Thinking the same thing.

Man I hate Geese. I can blaze through the game till Geese then burn all my credits on him.

NEO-GEO man

Yeah mate he is a bit of a prick at times, and no way you can jump in good enough timing to miss all those repukens he can pump out.

I just walk toward him and get ready for either a kick or a jump kick, then throw him, once he is down, he has given consent for a quick death by slash kick ;)

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
It's not every other time. But I'll admit this method isn't consistent- sometimes it takes a few matches to beat him.
To beat Raiden I usually keep a distance (to avoid his super breath) and use Terry's power wave.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Yeah mate he is a bit of a prick at times, and no way you can jump in good enough timing to miss all those repukens he can pump out.

I just walk toward him and get ready for either a kick or a jump kick, then throw him, once he is down, he has given consent for a quick death by slash kick ;)

I'll try that technique, thanks mate.

NEO-GEO man

It's not every other time. But I'll admit this method isn't consistent- sometimes it takes a few matches to beat him.
It would be terribly inconsistent id think!! Jump kicks leave you wide open, and Geese is not a man to play around with!!
To beat Raiden I usually keep a distance (to avoid his super breath) and use Terry's power wave.
Starts out ok, but youre better off either Burning Knuckle or just use Andy and do the :downb::upf: +:B: as soon as you hear "FIGHT!" and there is an exceptionally good chance youll kill Raiden in just one move. Using Joe you can line him up perfectly for a tiger kick if you time it just right when the yellow shit is just finishing, if he isnt dead from that, you best be ready to slash kick or do something else that will knock him over....

I'll try that technique, thanks mate.

Let me know how ya go ;)

dipindods

needs help. stuck in virgina.
hey congrats on beating it. last time i playd i got stuck on raiden for quite some time then billy killed me too many times and turnd of my arcade. i just read all the help and im putting it back in my cab an trying it again. wish me luck

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
hey congrats on beating it. last time i playd i got stuck on raiden for quite some time then billy killed me too many times and turnd of my arcade. i just read all the help and im putting it back in my cab an trying it again. wish me luck

Good luck.

Tell Geese I'll be seeing him soon - manwhore he is.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Oh Geese is definitely deserved of both titles. And more. :)

NEO-GEO man

Would be good if you could select all characters in 2 player mode like on Art of Fighting!!

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Would be good if you could select all characters in 2 player mode like on Art of Fighting!!

Apparently, that technology was not available in 1991 - but even then Fatal Fury always felt like a game that was designed in 1987.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I've always hated this game, comparing it to SF2 at the time it was a complete whitewash. It's rubbish.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I've always hated this game, comparing it to SF2 at the time it was a complete whitewash. It's rubbish.

Yeah, but for a game made in Cambodia, it wasn't that bad.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I thought it was fun at the time. 1-on-1 fighting that wasn't Karate Champ was still a cool concept to me (never did the 2-on-1 in the arcade). I liked SF2, as well, but it's not like I had the knowledge at the time to even know what a combo was, or why a game having them is better than another that didn't. That knowledge didn't start being passed around until maybe a year later in my area. Until then, it was all about being excited whenever you pulled a special move off.