Otomedius gameplay vid

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
I figure this is newly relevant since it's coming to 360 this year.

Looking good.

Seems to me like the touch-screen gameplay will just be adapted by having you steer a reticle during that paused moment while playing, although that may be something else.

Someone who has played the real deal should chime in with how they think this may work.

BIG

sony fanboy
makes me want a jp 360 AGAIN.

....but it ain't never gonna happen until the rrod has been completely eradicated.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
BIG said:
makes me want a jp 360 AGAIN.

....but it ain't never gonna happen until the rrod has been completely eradicated.

If it becomes an XBLA release, you'll not need it.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Verythrax said:
If it becomes an XBLA release, you'll not need it.

Given what happened with the upcoming Cave ports, this is really doubtful.
I imagine given the kind of content Konami usually packs into a release like this, it probably would have way too large of a file-size anyway.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I don't like how long it takes to release the tentacles. Other than that it looks pretty good.

Kunai

Over Top Auto Mechanic
cannonball said:
I don't like how long it takes to release the tentacles. Other than that it looks pretty good.

If you are talking about Diol (girl with glasses), it's slow but you are invincible for a split second while it hits. It takes out everything in its path and is pretty strong. It can be pretty useful at times.

The game is pretty solid as a shmup, and the touch screen really adds a unique dimension to this game. Every character has a different type of souped-up timer bomb that you hold down the bomb button for to charge fully. One character (I think it's Ms. Tron, the pink-haired flyer), has a big blast icon you can drag... along with her options for smaller blasts. Once you drag them to the areas where you want them to be and the timer expires, the blast icon and options will cause bursts of bomb blasts in the areas you left the bomb blast icon and pods... that will last for about 3 seconds.

Along with different timer bomb blasts, each character can earn different types of missile and laser power-ups, some of them are unique to the character. Even the option formations are exclusive to some characters. For instance, Diol can freeze her option pods in place when you hold down the shot button, and Emon-5 (the lone dude in the game) has his pods permanently spread out in a fan-formation.

Aoba (the blue-haired character) pretty much sucks... don't play her unless they actually make her good in Otomedius G. It sucks because she's the moe version of Vic Viper in Otomedius, but her weapons suck compared to everyone else. Tita Nium (chick with eyepatch-thingie) is easily the best character in the game, but she has to be unlocked. I'm not sure how to get her at this moment.

Game is fun, you won't be disappointed. However, no touch screen will make the game very different. I hope they will get around that fact somehow.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Looks like an interesting title. If the Cave ports really come through, I just might have to snag me a Japanese 360.

Hippee

Sgt. Pistachio,
Loopz said:
I figure this is newly relevant since it's coming to 360 this year.

Looking good.

Seems to me like the touch-screen gameplay will just be adapted by having you steer a reticle during that paused moment while playing, although that may be something else.

Someone who has played the real deal should chime in with how they think this may work.

Hmmmm Looks like the protagonist fighter uses a Xexex style charge attack... And the boss is from Gradius... (without the arms though).

:cool:

edit: HEY Here's a link to some old school fooking awesome music seriously -

http://www.solvalou.com/downloads/Xexex_Breeze_Remix.mp3

Last edited:

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Hippee said:
Hmmmm Looks like the protagonist fighter uses a Xexex style charge attack... And the boss is from Gradius... (without the arms though).

:cool:

edit: HEY Here's a link to some old school fooking awesome music seriously -

http://www.solvalou.com/downloads/Xexex_Breeze_Remix.mp3
Excellent link sir. Yes, I was pretty stoked to see the Xexex tentacle attack in Otomedius.
I may just have to grab a JP 360 while in Nippon at the end of the month.